Barbora meaning and origin
Primarily used in Slavic and Czech recent and far-out, Barbora means "The Foreign" is a girl name is originated from Latin. Barbora is derived from Barbara. Meaning of Barbara is Stranger and Barbaric has origin in Latin and Greek.Names that rhyme with Barbora
Popularity of Barbora
Barbora is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 2005 and achieved its top ranking of 2340 in 2018. Also, it appeared first time in 2010 on baby girl names list of Ireland. Barbora is a rare baby name in United States where it may not be used now since it isn't seen since 2001. But Barbora is a popular baby name in Czech Republic where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in Slovakia. At least, 70000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Barbora in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Barbora
You are a good friend and know how to keep secrets. People see you as their leader because of your attitude, determination, and creative thinking. You like to help but when you are the one needing help, you rely on yourself first. Change your perspective. You prefer to have people work on your success instead of working on it yourself. You are a born leader who likes to be in charge of things.
If you like Barbora, you would love these names
- Diana - Origin of Darling and Ceaseless Diana is in Indoeuropean and Latin is mainly used in Norwegian, Italian and Spanish, meaning of Diana is "Daylight or Heavenly" is used for both boys and girls
- Alaïna - The Alaïna is rooted from Latin, Alaïna means "Tribe near the Black Sea"
- Violet - Violet's meaning is Violet Flower or Gentle is notably used in Finnish, Norwegian and Danish and is rooted from Latin and English is used for both boys and girls
- Valentine - Used especially in Danish and French durable and widely accepted, Valentine is originated from Latin and English and is bestowed upon both genders, Valentine means "The Healthy or Courageous"
- Paine - Used mainly in English, Paine aimed at boys, Paine means "Pagan or Countryman" is originated from Latin
Namesakes of Barbora
- Barbora Bukovská, Czech-Slovak human rights attorney and activist
- Barbora Dibelková, Czech race walker
- Barbora Bobuľová, Slovak actress
- Barbora Strýcová, Former Czech professional tennis player
- Barbora Kodetová, Czech actress perhaps best
- Barbora Špotáková, Czech track and field athlete
- Barbora Silná, Czech-Austrian former ice dancer
- Barbora Navratilova in EuroTrip as Actress
- Barbora Lukesová in The Brothers Grimm as Actress
- Barbora Kovarikova in Russian Institute 13: Gang Bang as Actress
- Barbora Bobulova in Cuore sacro as Actress
- Barbora Krejčíková Barbora Krejčová is a Czech tennis player.
- Barbora Adolfova is notable for her acting in movie Two Men from Another World
- In 1992, Barbora Hrzánová characterized the role of Johanka in drama, thriller flick Requiem pro panenku.
- In 2000 comedy, romance movie, Cesta z mesta, Barbora Nimcová characterized Markéta.
- Barbora Seidlová portrayed the leading role of Zubejda in 1997 comedy and family movie Lotrando a Zubejda.