Duke name meaning
On This Page
What does Duke mean?
Principally used in African and English long standing and celebrated, Duke has its origin in Celtic, English and Gypsy, meaning of Duke is "Leader, The Duke or Salt Box" is used for baby boys.
How do I pronounce Duke?
Two syllabled Duke is most commonly pronounced as d(u)-ke. Some people pronounce it as doo-k.
Variants of DukeNames that rhyme with Duke
How popular is the name Duke?
a popular name in United States with over 8651 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Recently peaked at the charts, it ranked 531st when 527 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Duke is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 2014, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 959 on boy names chart when 30 babies were named Duke.
There are over 224 babies that have been given the name Duke in England and Wales.
But Duke is a popular baby name in Kenya where every 1 in 8000 have the name as well as in Nigeria.
At least, 30000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Duke in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Duke
As a lover, you are cold-hearted and distant. You often push yourself to accomplish more than expected when it comes to your career. You get easily disappointed by others because you expect too much. You want a stable, deep connection with people. You have to stop questioning your existence and give your life your own purpose. You often experience that you lack motivation. Sincerity is something you respect and practice.
You would love these names similar to Duke
- Ennis - Illustrous and Venerable unisex name Ennis came from Celtic, meaning of Ennis is "The One or Island" is notably used in Irish language
- Codyr - Meaning of Codyr is Cushion is used substantially in English given to both sexes is of Celtic origin
- Neila means Victor or Champion came from Celtic and Arabic used as a girl name is used in Arabic and English
- Atze majorly is used in German, meaning of Atze is "The Bear" aimed at boys has origin in Celtic
- Vivienne - Unfading and Widespread Vivienne is used notably in Norwegian and Finnish, Vivienne means "Alive or Viviane" has its roots in Latin and Celtic is given to girls
Sibling Names for Duke
If you are considering the name Duke for your baby, you may also be interested in other names with a similar style or feel. Here is a list of sibling names that complement or contrast with Duke, ranging from classic to modern choices.
Names for Duke's sister
For a brother
Famous people named Duke
- Duke Wen of Eastern Zhou, over the remaining rump state of the Zhou dynasty
- Duke Mu of Qin, duke of Qin
- Duke Zhuang of Zheng, third ruler of the State of Zheng during the Spring and Autumn period
- Duke Xiang of Song, leader in the state of Song
- Duke Alexander of Württemberg, father of Francis
- Duke Adolf Friedrich of Mecklenburg, German explorer
- Duke Kimbrough McCall, American Christian religious leader
- Duke Castiglione, Castiglione Jr
- Duke Kahanamoku, Native Hawaiian competition swimmer
- Duke Ellington, American composer, pianist
- Duke Henry of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, was prince consort of the Netherlands as the husband of Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands
- Duke Reid, Jamaican record producer, DJ and label owner
- Duke Xiao of Qin, ruler of the Qin state
- Duke Snider, American professional baseball player
- Duke Aiona, James R. "Duke" Aiona Jr
- Duke William of Württemberg, Austrian and Württemberg General
- Duke Bainum, American politician and physician
- Duke Pearson, Pearson Jr
- Duke Dinsmore, American racecar driver
- Duke Nalon, American midget car, sprint car
- Duke Huan of Qi, ruler of the State of Qi
- Duke Wen of Jin, scion of the royal house of Jin during the Spring and Autumn Period of Chinese history
- Duke Roufus, American former kickboxer and head coach of the Roufusport competition team based
- Duke Cunningham, United States Navy 20-year career pilot and officer
- Duke Keats, Canadian professional ice hockey centre
- Duke Droese, American retired professional wrestler and special education teacher
- Duke Erikson, American musician, songwriter, and record producer
- Duke, British singer, songwriter and producer
- Duke Preston, former American football center
- Duke Robillard, American guitarist and singer
- Duke Anthony Ulrich of Brunswick, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg
- Duke Harris, professional ice hockey right winger
- Duke Moore, American actor
- Duke Pettijohn, former American Arena football defensive lineman
- Duke Ferdinand of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel, German-Prussian field marshal
- Duke of Roxburgh, was launched in 1828 at Newcastle upon Tyne
- Duke Mitchell, American film actor, slapstick comedian
- Duke Keomuka, professional wrestler
- Duke Sims, American former professional baseball catcher
- Duke Peter Alexandrovich of Oldenburg, first husband of Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna of Russia
- Duke Farrell, Major League Baseball catcher
- Duke Slater, American football player and one of the great black players of the 1920s
- Duke Jordan, American jazz pianist
- Duke Special, songwriter and performer based in Belfast
- Duke McKenzie, British former professional boxer
- Duke Tumatoe, American blues guitarist, vocalist and songwriter
- Duke Ludwig Wilhelm in Bavaria, was Duke in Bavaria
- Duke John Albert of Mecklenburg, member of the House of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
- Duke Friedrich of Württemberg, heir to the headship of the House of Württemberg
- Duke Maximilian Joseph in Bavaria, member of a junior branch of the House of Wittelsbach and a promoter of Bavarian folk-music
- Duke Dumont Adam George Dyment, more known by his artistic name Duke Dumont, is a DJ and British producer of house music.
- Duke Atteberry is writer of movie Comin' Round the Mountain
- In 1975, Duke Kelly characterized the role of N in western movie My Name Is Legend.
- In 1923 film, In the Days of Daniel Boone, Duke R. Lee characterized George Washington and Simon Girty.
- Duke Moberdy, from 1968 comedy movie My Third Wife, George, who portrayed the Doc Holliday.
- In 2002 flick, Shag Carpet Sunset, Duke Novak characterized Tuck.
- In 1924 action and adventure film, Teeth, Duke the Dog characterized Duke.
Lists having Duke
- Boy names beginning with D
- American Boy Names
- Celtic Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- African Boy Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Leader