Violet meaning and origin
Frequently Used and Perennial unisex name Violet is used largely in English, Swedish, Finnish, Danish and Norwegian, meaning of Violet is "Bluish Purple, Violet Flower, Pure, Gentle, Viola or Violets" is originated from Latin and English. Violet is shortened form of Viola. Viola is form of unfading and customary Violetta. Viola is form of Violet in Italian language. Viola's meaning is Twelfth Night and Purple has origin in Latin and English.
Variants of Violet
View middle names that goes with Violet like Bridgette, Lacey, Cassandra, Abbey, Ashlie, Leann,Names that rhyme with Violet
Popularity of Violet
Violet was a popular name in United States. Over 142166 babies have been given the first name in 173 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2018, 4837 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 43rd position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 173 years. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 4 times Also, a popular name in England and Wales with over 8484 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Recently at its peak, 970 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 53rd position. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 100 baby names 7 times
A common name in New South Wales having over 1390 recievers in 11 years of usage. Presently the name is rising, in 2015, it ranked 38th when 166 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Violet was a common name in Queensland. Over 1030 babies have been named Violet since 2009. When at its peak in 2019,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 11 years but it is still going strong. Also, Violet was a common name in Victoria. Over 991 babies have been named Violet since 2010. When at its peak in 2014,. However after 10 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Violet is a familiar baby name in Western Australia, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, 61 babies were given Violet and it reached its peak ranking, 31 on girl names chart. Violet is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, although it has been in use since 1964 but could not make beyond the top 300. Over 240 babies in Ireland have been named Violet. Also, it appeared first time in 2013 on baby girl names list of Belgium.
Violet is a rare baby name in France however it is still in use and also in Western Australia. But Violet is a popular baby name in Kenya where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Zambia, England, Uganda, South Africa, Nigeria, Jamaica, Tanzania and Canada. At least, 380000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Violet in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Violet
When it comes to career and business, you fit perfectly on every team but prefer to work alone. Your imagination has no limits. Understanding others is your specialty, but you never expect people to do for you, what you are willing to do for them. You can be aggressive which affects your relationships in a negative way. Hidden feelings inside you explodes from time to time and results in a negative outcome.
Parents who liked Violet, loved these names
- Kamyla - Atypical Kamyla has its origin in Latin and Arabic, Kamyla means "Attendant for a Temple, The Word Camillus Which is of the Meaning Acolyte and Acolyte" is a baby girl name. Kamyla is derived from Camilla.
- Ausilia - Girl name Ausilia means "The Helping". Its origin is in Latin is used majorly in Italian
- Viktorie is used majorly in Swedish, Danish and Czech, Viktorie means "The Victor or Victory". Its origin is in English and Latin is given to girls
- Colum - Unorthodox Colum came from Latin is specifically used in Irish and is aimed at baby boys, meaning of Colum is "Dove"
- Gini - Rarefied Gini mainly is used in Gujarati and English, meaning of Gini is "Parrot or Gold" has its origin in Latin is given to baby girls
Namesakes of Violet
- Violet Florence Martin,
- Violet Jacob, Scottish writer
- Violet Palmer, retired American basketball referee in the NBA and WNBA and the first female official to reach the highest competitive tier
- Violet Milner, Viscountess Milner, English Edwardian society lady and, later
- Violet Powell, writer and critic
- Violet Olney, English athlete from Southwark, London
- Violet Vanbrugh, English actress
- Violet Gordon-Woodhouse, British keyboard player
- Violet Dickson, wife of British colonial administrator H. R. P. Dickson
- Violet Mond, Baroness Melchett, British humanitarian and activist
- Violet Kazue de Cristoforo, Japanese American poet
- Violet Trefusis, English socialite and author
- Violet Carson, British actress of radio and television
- Violet Jessop, Irish Argentine ocean liner stewardess and nurse
- Violet Hunt, British author and literary hostess
- Violet Archer, Canadian composer, teacher, pianist, organist
- Violet Astor, English aristocrat
- Violet Bonham Carter, British politician and diarist
- Violet Berlin, British television presenter
- Violet Gibson, Irish woman, the daughter of Lord Ashbourne
- Violet Herbert, Countess of Powis, British peeress in her own right
- Violet Loraine, English musical theatre actress and singer
- Violet Mersereau, American stage and film actress
- Violet Markham, writer, social reformer
- Violet Oakley, American artist
- Violet Knights, American silent film actress
- Violet MacMillan, American actress
- Violet Bathurst, Lady Apsley, British Conservative Party politician
- Violet Webb, English track and field athlete
- Violet Barasa, volleyball player from Kenya
- Violet Attlee, wife of British statesman Clement Attlee
- Violet Wilkey, American child actress
- Violet Winspear, British writer of 70 romance novels
- Violet Van der Elst, is best remembered for her activities against the death penalty
- Violet Manners, Duchess of Rutland, British artist and noblewoman
- Violet Barclay, American illustrator best known as one of the pioneering female comic-book artists
- Violet Carlson in Monkee Mayor as Actress
- Violeta Rodríguez in Cosas que dejé en La Habana as Actress
- Violette Leduc in Therese and Isabelle as Writer
- Violet Rensing in When Hell Broke Loose as Actress
- Violetta Milerman in Skeleton Keys as
- Violeta Cela in Conquest as Actress
- Violette Palcossian in Deux l as Actress
- Violet Blue is a sex writer, Podcaster, Blogger, publisher, sex educator and sex-columnist.
- Actor Violet Barlowe, renowned for short Spook to Me
- In 1917, Violet De Biccari portrayed the role of The Princess of Patches in drama, history movie The Princess of Patches.
- In 1920, Violet Elliott characterized the role of Hon. Mrs. Allinson in romance flick The Edge of Youth.
- Violet Graham, from 1916 drama, romance film On the Banks of Allan Water, who played Elsie Graeme.
- In 1917, Violet Heming portrayed the role of Jasmine Grenfel in drama flick The Judgement House.
- Violet Hite characterized small role of N in 1916 drama movie Her Father's Gold.
- In 1920 mystery flick, The Case of Lady Camber, Violet Hopson portrayed Esther Yorke.
- In 1917 crime, drama movie, Enlighten Thy Daughter, Violet Horner played Mrs. Laurence.
- In 1924, Violet La Plante characterized the role of Dorothy Parker in action, western flick Battling Buddy.
- In 1920, Violet Molitor portrayed the role of Jutka Brenoczy in comedy film Gyurkovicsarna.
- In 1917, Violet Reed played the role of His Wife in drama flick Exile.
Lists having Violet
- Boys names beginning with V
- Girls names beginning with V
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Purple
- Baby Names that mean Violet
- Baby Names that mean Flower
- Baby Names that mean Pure
- Baby Names that mean Gentle
- Baby Names that mean Violets