Borja name meaning
On This Page
What does Borja mean?
Unexpected choice and Fresh boy name Borja is originated from Spanish, Russian and Slavonic, used primarily in Spanish and Serbian languages, meaning of Borja is "Struggle or Famous". Borja is short form of Borislav.
Borislav is Latin cognate of The Russian Name Борислав. Originated from Slavonic and Old Slavic, Uncommon and Fresh Borislav, Borislav means "Fight, Famous and Struggle". Borja is Russian form of Boris.
How is Borja regarded as a baby name?
Borja is a unique and distinctive name for a baby boy, with Slavic origins and the meaning of Famous battle; Wolf. It has gained popularity in recent years, particularly in Spanish-speaking countries.
This name is often associated with strength and courage, as well as intelligence and loyalty. Parents who choose Borja for their son appreciate its individuality and the strong symbolism it represents.
In Spain, Borja is also associated with the famous Borgia family of Renaissance Italy, adding an extra layer of historical significance to this name. Overall, Borja is regarded as a powerful and meaningful choice for a baby boy's name.
How do I pronounce Borja?
b(o)-rja is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Borja. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., bor-ja.
Variants of BorjaNames that rhyme with Borja
How popular is the name Borja?
Borja was among the popular names in Spain. Since emerging in 2002 around 1556 babies have been given the given name. When at the peak of its usage in 2004, it ranked 80th when 571 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
After 3 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Additionally, the name has been in the top 100 baby names 3 times Borja is a rare baby name in United States however it is still in use.
Also, Borja is a familiar name in Iran, England and Germany. At least, 30000 people globally have carried Borja as their given name according to our research.
Here's what numbers has to say about Borja
Focus on spirituality and leave out the material success. You secretly believe that you are a genius. If letter A is your capstone in your name, it reveals your challenging nature and ambitious perspective. Hanging around people who don't have a purpose or goal in life is not your thing. You are a jealous and passionate lover. Help them improve instead of judging. You can stare at a wall and not feel bored because of your busy mind.
You would love these names similar to Borja
- Mirco means Famous, Peace or Great came from Old Slavic and Slavonic used as a boy name is used in Slavic and Italian
- Byelobog - Meaning of Byelobog is White God is used as a boy name has origin in Slavonic
- Stanko - Boy name Stanko is used in Slavic and Polish has its roots in Slavonic and Old Slavic, meaning of Stanko is "Strength or Steadfast"
- Hourig - Girl name Hourig has origin in Slavonic, meaning of Hourig is "A Small Fiery Woman"
- Desislava - Desislava's meaning is Finding Glory came from Slavonic is used as a girl name
Sibling Names for Borja
If you've decided on the name Borja for your little one, you might be considering sibling names that complement it perfectly. Here's a list of unique and special names to consider for your new addition to the family. These names are sure to create a beautiful bond between siblings and make a lasting impression in everyone's hearts.
Names for Borja's sister
For a brother
Famous people named Borja
- Borja García, Spanish race car driver
- Borja Fernández, Spanish footballer
- Borja Oubiña, Spanish retired footballer
- Borja Valero, Spanish professional footballer
- Borja Sánchez Luque, Spanish retired footballer
Lists having Borja
- Boy names beginning with B
- Russian Boy Names
- Spanish Boy Names
- Serbian Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Struggle
- Baby Names that mean Famous