Chand meaning and origin
Used specifically in Arabic, Kannada, Punjabi, Marathi, Sanskrit, Telugu, Malayalam, Tamil, Gujarati, Hindi, Bengali and Oriya, Chand means "Moon or Shining Moon" is came from English, Indian, Old French and Sanskrit is used as a gender insensitive name . Chand is variation of well-liked Chandler. Old French name Chandler, meaning of Chandler is "Candle Seller, Maker of Candles and Candle Maker Candle Seller" is prevalently used in English.
Variants of ChandNames that rhyme with Chand
Popularity of Chand
Chand is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it may not be used now as it was last seen in 2006. However things change on global perspective, Chand is extremely popular in India where every 1 in 7000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Pakistan. As per our evaluation, over 220000 babies have been bestowed Chand around the globe.
What numerology tells about Chand?
Besides being a good friend, you are a caring, passionate partner and devoted to your family. You don't believe much in love. However, deep inside, you secretly wish to find someone who will prove you wrong. You respond to occurrences in an unusual, impulsive but also creative way. You love to change and can't stand constancy and monotony. You have a specific taste in people. You don't hang around with just anyone. However, this is why people respect you.
Other names similar to Chand, for name hunters
- Jahangir - Principally used in Sindhi, Arabic and Hindi, Jahangir aimed at baby boys, meaning of Jahangir is "Akbars Son, World Conqueror or A Moghul Emperor had this Name" has its origin in Afghan
- AynulHayat - Meaning of AynulHayat is Fountain of Life is used in Arabic and Arabic is given to both genders
- Alif - Outlandish Alif has its origin in Arabic, Alif means "Likeable or The First Character in Hijaiyah" used as a baby boy name is notably used in Kannada and Arabic
- Sawlat - Sawlat's meaning is Influence, Commanding or Commanding Personality used for baby boys is used largely in Arabic and Sindhi
- Rashpal - Rashpal's meaning is Sweet Moment is a unisex name is used in Marathi and Kannada
Namesakes of Chand
- Chand Kaur, was briefly regent of the Sikh Empire
- Chand Mal Lodha, chief justice of the Rajasthan High Court and the Guwahati High Court
- Chand Bardai, Indian poet, who composed 'Prithviraj Raso'
- Chand Bibi, Indian Muslim regent and warrior
Lists having Chand
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Moon
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Shine
- Baby Names that mean Light