Sarah name meaning
What does Sarah mean?
Sarah is a feminine given name found in many different cultures and languages. It is a Hebrew name, derived from the Hebrew word sarah meaning "princess" or "noblewoman". Sarah is also a popular name in Muslim cultures, where it is used to mean "pure" or "chaste".
The name Sarah has been popular in the English-speaking world since the Protestant Reformation, when it was occasionally used as a given name for women who professed their faith. It became more common among English speakers in the 19th century.
Sarah has also been a popular name in the Arab world, particularly among Christians. It is not an overtly religious Name, but many Muslim families choose it because of its positive connotations.
Some notable people with the name Sarah include: Sarah Bernhardt (1844-1923), French stage actress; Sarah Churchill (1660-1744), British duchess and mistress of King Charles II; Sarah Ferguson (born 1959), Duchess of York; Sarah Palin (born 1964), former governor of Alaska and Republican vice presidential nominee.
If you're looking for a name that is both classic and popular, Sarah is a great choice. Sarah has been in the top 200 most popular girl names for over 100 years, and shows no signs of going out of style any time soon. If you're looking for a beautiful and timeless name for your baby girl, Sarah is definitely worth considering.
Is the name Sarah suitable for a newborn?
Sarah is a popular baby girl name that has been around for centuries. It exudes elegance and beauty, which are great traits to instill in a child from an early age. It has become popularized worldwide due to its simplicity yet regal appeal. While it originated from Hebrew and means princess, the name Sarah goes beyond just its meaning and becomes a symbol of power, grace, and resilience. This is why parents still choose this name for their daughters as it represents a strong personality that can stand up against any obstacle that comes their way. Its popularity among parents also means that there are numerous variations and combinations of the name that make it even more personalized for each child.
How do I pronounce Sarah?
The two syllabled name Sarah is pronounced, sair-ah. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., sare-uh.
Variants of Sarah
Charita, Carit, Charity, Sharita, Sharon, Sarra, Sara, Saraelizabeth, Elizabeth, Chairity, Cherri, Shareeta, Charon, Sherrie, Shara, Saron, Sheri, Sharonlee, Sarina, Sarabeth, Alizabeth, Eilis, Elza, Annaelizabeth, Elizabethmarie, Elisheba
Nicknames for Sarah
Here is the list of Probable nicknames for name Sarah:
How popular is the name Sarah?
Sarah is an extremely popular in United States where over 1080836 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. When at its peak in 1993, the moniker grabbed the 3rd spot and 28483 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 19 times Also, Sarah was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 25500 babies have been named Sarah since 1996. At its zenith in 1996, the moniker grabbed the 18th spot and 3111 baby girls were given the name. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 8 times Also, Sarah was a popular name in Ireland. Over 30310 babies have been named Sarah since 1964. When at its peak in 1983, 1024 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1st position. However after 56 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 31 times Also, Sarah was a very popular name in France. Over 167201 babies have been named Sarah since 1900. When at the peak of its usage in 2010, it ranked 6th when 5491 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 121 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 10 baby names 17 times Also, Sarah was a popular name in Denmark. Over 7930 babies have been given the first name in 12 years. At the peak of its usage in 1997, it ranked 3rd when 892 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. After 12 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 4 times Also, Sarah was a popular name in Belgium. Over 11680 babies have been named Sarah since 1995. When at its peak in 1995, 914 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 2nd position. However after 24 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 5 baby names 12 times Also, Sarah was among the popular names in New South Wales. Since emerging in 1965 around 28166 babies have been given the first name. When at its peak in 1981, it ranked 2nd when 1205 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 55 years. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 24 times Also, Sarah was a popular name in Queensland. Over 12708 babies have been named Sarah since 1970. When at the peak of its usage in 1986, the moniker grabbed the 1st spot and 543 baby girls were given the name. After 49 years, the name has past its prime. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 5 baby names 23 times
Sarah was a common name in Switzerland. Over 5526 babies have been named Sarah since 1998. At the peak of its usage in 2005,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 21 years. Also, A common name in Netherlands having over 2010 recievers in 5 years of usage. When at its peak in 2016, 443 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 17th position. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 5 times Also, In Western Australia, Sarah was once a common name since emerging in 1975 it has been given to over 5970 babies. When at its peak in 1983,. After 30 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Additionally, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 21 times Also, A common name in Victoria with over 1264 new-borns have been given the name since 2008. Presently the name is rising, in 2008, the moniker grabbed the 22nd spot and 193 baby girls were given the name.
Sarah is a rare baby name in Northern Territory, chances of it being still in use are very slim as it was last seen in 2008. However things change on global perspective, Sarah is extremely popular in England where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in, Egypt, Uganda, Nigeria, Iran, Iraq, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Kenya and Philippines. Also the baby name is popular in Canada, South Africa, Ghana, Australia, Israel, Indonesia, Zimbabwe, Germany, Morocco, DR Congo, Syria, Zambia, Malawi, Brazil, Congo, Liberia, Madagascar, Sierra Leone, New Zealand, Scotland, Bangladesh, Wales, Rwanda, Libya, Algeria, Mozambique, Jordan, Lebanon, Eritrea, Yemen, Tunisia, Northern Ireland, Kuwait, Pakistan, Malaysia, Chad, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Palestine, Oman, Dominican Republic, India, United Arab Emirates, Jamaica and Sri Lanka. According to our evaluation, over 5230000 babies have been named Sarah globally.
Sarah in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Sarah
Learn how to live on your own and trust others without losing yourself and your self-respect. Deep inside you want someone to take over your dominance and take over the control. With time, you will gather the courage to make the first step toward your goal. People can't believe you are real. You don't even believe you are real. You are hard-working by nature and success drives you. Share your knowledge and positive energy. It's what you are best at.
Looking for a name like Sarah? Please go through the following names
- Ashia means Life, Wife of Hindu God or Lively is originated from Arabic and Sanskrit which is used in Tamil, English and Arabic is a girl name
- Sikandar - Boy name Sikandar is used notably in Arabic and Telugu, Sikandar means "Lord of Perfection, Name of a Famous Sovereign or After Alexander the Great"
- Zak - Offbeat Hebrew Zak is used as a baby boy name, meaning of Zak is "Laughter, God Remembers or The Lord has Remembered" is majorly used in English and Arabic
- Safwan - Queer boy name Safwan means "Old Arabic Name or Rocks" is specifically used in Tamil, Hindi and Arabic
- Nusa - Meaning of Nusa is Ana or -Usa is rooted from Old English, Celtic and Hebrew which is largely used in Slovenian is used as a baby girl name
Middle names for Sarah
These are some of the mushrooming and celebrated options for Sarah middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Sarah.
Famous people named Sarah
- Sarah Aaronsohn, member of Nili
- Sarah Winnemucca, Reno was born near Humboldt Lake, Nevada
- Sarah Blaffer Hrdy, American anthropologist and primatologist
- Sarah Flannery, was, at sixteen years old
- Sarah Kirsch, German poet
- Sarah Childress Polk, First Lady of the United States from 1845 to 1849
- Sarah Caldwell, American opera conductor, impresario
- Sarah Byam, author of 'Billi 99'
- Sarah Blanck, Australian sailor
- Sarah Biffen, Victorian English painter born with no arms
- Sarah Messer, American poet and author
- Sarah Reitman, Romanian-Canadian businesswoman and co-founder
- Sarah Rudinoff, American actress, singer, and writer
- Sarah Johnson, award-winning South African poet
- Sarah Marshall, stage actress working primarily in the Washington
- Sarah Susanka,
- Sarah Tisdall, former Foreign and Commonwealth Office clerical officer
- Sarah Bas Tovim, Ukrainian Jew
- Sarah Forbes, Canadian field hockey international playing
- Sarah York, American who, at age 10
- Sarah Kuttner, German presenter and author from Berlin
- Sarah Emily Miano, b
- Sarah, enculturated research chimpanzee whose cognitive skills are documented
- Sarah Wilson, English impostor
- Sarah P. Harkness, American architect
- Sarah Curran, youngest daughter of John Philpot Curran
- Sarah Millin, South African author
- Sarah Phelps, British television screenwriter, radio writer
- Sarah Martin, prison visitor and philanthropist
- Sarah Mellon, daughter of Jennie and Richard B. Mellon
- Sarah Sorge, German politician
- Sarah Smart, English actress
- Sarah de Leeuw, com/?q=book-reviews/unmarked-landscape-along-highway-16 Unmarked: Landscapes Along Highway 16]
- Sarah Sheard, Canadian novelist
- Sarah Flood-Beaubrun, Saint Lucian lawyer and politician
- Sarah Williams, English poet and novelist
- Sarah Ann Gill, social and religious leader
- Sarah Churm, English actress
- Sarah Hall Boardman, born in Alstead, New Hampshire
- Sarah Watts, history professor at Wake Forest University and author of the critically acclaimed 'Rough Rider
- Sarah May, English author
- Sarah Champion, English music journalist and author
- Sarah Klassen, Canadian writer
- Sarah Lennox, Duchess of Richmond, was Duchess of Richmond and Lady of the Bedchamber to Queen Caroline
- Sarah Elmira Royster, adolescent sweetheart of Edgar Allan Poe
- Sarah Walker, British mezzo-soprano
- Sarah Tyson Rorer, American pioneer in the field of domestic science
- Sarah Scott, English novelist, translator, social reformer
- Sarah Frances Whiting, instructor to several astronomers
- Sarah Weddington, American attorney
- Sarah Michelle Gellar, American actress, producer, and entrepreneur
- Sarah Hughes, former American competitive figure skater
Lists having Sarah
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with S
- Girls names beginning with S
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Assamese Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2015)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in France (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Denmark (2011)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2009)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (2003)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Princess
- Baby Names that mean Lady
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean High
- Baby Names that mean Pure
- Baby Names that mean Happy
- Baby Names that mean Noblewoman