Christoffer meaning and origin
Used mainly in Swedish, Scandinavian, Norwegian, English, Finnish and Danish darling, Christoffer aimed at baby boys, Christoffer means "Carrying Christ" is originated from Old Greek. Christoffer is version of pleasing and biblical Christopher. Christopher is German and English equivalent of Christophorus. Trendy Christopher has its origin in Old Greek language, Christopher means "Bearing the Christ, Christ-bearer and Carrying Christ".
Variants of Christoffer
View middle names that goes with Christoffer like Zann, Fredric, Hoan, Hoke,Names that rhyme with Christoffer
Popularity of Christoffer
Christoffer was a popular name in Denmark. Over 8314 babies have been given the given name in 20 years. When at its peak in 1995, 630 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 17th position. After 20 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 20 times Christoffer used to be a common name in Sweden, first appeared in 1998 and over 2729 babies have been given the name in 10 years. When at its peak in 1998,. After 10 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Christoffer is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1968 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1986, it ranked 1871st when 37 boys were named Christoffer. Over 717 babies in United States have been named Christoffer. The first name is a rare baby name in France there is very thin chances of it still being given. Also, Christoffer is a familiar name in Philippines and Germany. At least, 10000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
What numerology tells about Christoffer?
Don't live to work. Work to live. You like to establish deep connections for life rather than just hang around with different people all the time. Reason behind your depressive episodes that occur occasionally is being way too sensitive. You are outgoing and fun but there are times when you prefer solitude over party and books over people. Peace, balance, harmony, honesty, and fairness describe your soul the best.
Do you like Christoffer? You would love these names
- Nicoleta - Infrequent girl name Nicoleta is predominantly used in Romanian, meaning of Nicoleta is "Victory or Victory of the People" is originated from Old Greek
- Melecio - Meaning of Melecio is Careful or Attentive has its origin in Old Greek is given to baby boys
- Pierce - Of Old Greek origin, Well-Liked and Enduring Pierce is used substantially in French, English and Irish, a gender insensitive name, Pierce means "The Stone, Rock or Form of Peter"
- Nicoletta means Victory of the People or Victory is chiefly used in Swedish and Finnish is a girl name is originated from Old Greek
- Stiafen - Of Old Greek origin, Stiafen is a boy name primarily used in Rhaeto-Romanic, Stiafen means "The Crowned or The Crowned"
Namesakes of Christoffer
- Christoffer Gabel, Danish statesman
- Christoffer Wilhelm Eckersberg, Danish painter
- Christoffer Lundquist, Swedish musician and producer
- Christoffer Valkendorff, Danish statesman and landowner
- Christoffer Vikström, Olympic swimmer from Sweden
- Christoffer Karlsson, Swedish footballer
- Christoffer Edlund, Swedish bandy player
- Christoffer Andersson, Swedish former football player
- Christoffer Nordenrot in Nakenlekar as Actor
- Christoffer Boe in Reconstruction as Writer
- Actor Christoffer Barnekov, noted for TV series I sandhedens tjeneste
Lists having Christoffer
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with C
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Greek Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Chris
- Popular Boy Names in Denmark (2002)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2008)
- Baby Names that mean Carrying
- Baby Names that mean Christ