Christo name meaning
On This Page
What does Christo mean?
Of Latin and Old Greek origin, Offbeat Christo is especially used in Bulgarian and is aimed at boys, Christo means "Christ Carrier or The Anointed One". Christo is variant of prevalent, long standing and biblical Christian.
Christian is a form of Christianus. Uncommon Christian is originated from Greek and Latin, Christian means "Follower of Christ and Disciple of the Christ". Christo is variation of biblical, conifer and frequently used Christopher.
Christopher is English and German cognate of Christophorus. Christopher means To Carry, Bearer of Christ and Bearing Christ has its origin in Old Greek. Christo is shortened form of Christoph. Christoph is a variation of evergreen and cherished Christopher.
Christoph is derivative of Christopher. Originated from Old Greek, Queer Christoph, Christoph means "Christ-Bearers and Carrying Christ".
Is the name Christo suitable for a newborn?
Yes, the name Christo is a suitable name for a newborn boy. Its origin is Latin and it means "Follower of Christ", which makes it an appropriate name as it reflects a strong spiritual bond with Jesus.
As Christianity is one of the main religions in many parts of the world, this can make it easier to find friends with the same name. For example, when the child grows up he might be able to attend Christian schools or easily find communities to attend mass together.
Additionally, having such an important meaning behind his name will help remind him throughout his life about where he comes from and what values he should stand for.
How do I pronounce Christo?
The two syllabled name Christo is pronounced, ch-ris-to. The name can also be pronounced as chr(i)-sto.
Variants of ChristoNames that rhyme with Christo
How popular is the name Christo?
Christo is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1913 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1971, it ranked 1706th when 27 boys were named Christo.
There are over 594 babies that have been given the name Christo in United States. Christo is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 2003 and achieved its top ranking of 1788 in 2011.
But Christo is a popular baby name in South Africa where every 1 in 3000 have the name. As per our findings, over 20000 people has been named Christo globally.
Christo in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Christo?
Practice solitude and learn to survive on your own. You often trust the wrong people when it comes to relationships. You act protectively around the people you love and people who need help. It's time you give adventure and spontaneity a chance. Instead of seeing it as a cursing, take this as your blessing. Besides creative, you are also highly intuitive and funny. You are a powerful presence and people respect you for your sharp mind and intelligence.
Do you like Christo? You would love these names
- Romaana - Notably used in Arabic, Romaana is used as a baby girl name and is rooted from Latin, meaning of Romaana is "Romantic or Fascinating"
- Morse - Offbeat Morse has its origin in Latin is used in English used as a baby boy name, Morse means "Son of the Dark One, Dark-skinned or Son of Maurice"
- Angelike - Recent and Outlandish Angelike is used dominantly in German, Angelike means "Angelic or Like An Angel" and came from Latin is bestowed upon girls
- Mercedesse - Meaning of Mercedesse is Price, Favor or Salary is originated from Latin
- Cecillia - Infrequent girl name Cecillia is used particulary in English and Danish, meaning of Cecillia is "Sixth or Blind" is of Latin origin
Sibling Names for Christo
If you're considering naming your baby boy Christo, you might also be looking for names that would complement or match well with it. Here are some sibling name ideas that could go nicely with Christo, ranging from classic to contemporary and unique choices.
For a sister
For a brother
Famous people named Christo
- Christo Albertyn Smith, South African botanist
- Christo Proykov, Bulgarian Greek Catholic Bishop of Sofia
- Christo and Jeanne-Claude, married couple
- Christo van Rensburg, former professional tennis player
- Christopher West in Stargate as Actress
- Christo Brock is noted for directing movie Touch the Wall
- Christo Spyropoulos portrayed central character of Alexis and Andreas' son in 1974 drama, romance movie Spiti stous vrahous.
- In 2007 drama flick, In memoria di me, Christo Jivkov portrayed Andrea.
Lists having Christo
- Boy names beginning with C
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Greek Boy Names
- Latin Boy Names
- Bulgarian Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Chris
- Baby Names that mean Belonging
- Baby Names that mean Christ
- Baby Names that mean Anointed
- Baby Names that mean One