Cissy meaning and origin
Meaning of Cissy is Indication of the Gender of Caecilier is originated from Latin is a baby girl name is primarily used in Danish, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian and English. Cissy is version of virtuous, desirable and eternal Cecilia. Also Cecilia is Nordic form of Caecilia. Meaning of Cecilia is Indication of the Gender of Caecilier and Sixth is of Latin origin.
Variants of CissyNames that rhyme with Cissy
Popularity of Cissy
Cissy is a unique baby name in United States, it had been in use since 1946 and was last seen in 1997, during its 39 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 3000 names. In 1971, it ranked 2733rd when 26 girls were named Cissy. Over 430 babies in United States have been named Cissy. The first name is a rare baby name in England and Wales, chances of it being still in use are very slim as it was last seen in 2008. But Cissy is a popular baby name in Uganda where every 1 in 2000 have the name. At least, 30000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Cissy in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Cissy
You are an attractive person and everyone sees it. Playing with words and using metaphors to confuse people is your specialty. You are intuitive but never use your intuition when it comes to making important decisions in life. You are always being straight. All you care about is your satisfaction. It's time you give adventure and spontaneity a chance. You like the natural flow of things. You have to put your mind to realize your dream, plan each step on the way carefully and precisely, and don't stop trying until you do it.
Do you like Cissy? You would love these names
- Lilya - Curious girl name Lilya is mainly used in Finnish has its origin in Latin and Arabic, meaning of Lilya is "Companion of the Night"
- Auxtin - Meaning of Auxtin is Majestic is originated from Latin
- Klement - Used in English, Norwegian and Danish, Klement is used mostly as a baby boy name and is rooted from Latin, Klement means "Gentleness or Merciful"
- Elmo - Celebrated and Venerable unisex name Elmo has its origin in Germanic and Old Greek and is used mainly in Spanish and Danish languages, meaning of Elmo is "Honorable or Well-Known"
- Rubina - Originated from English, Hebrew and Latin, Outlandish Rubina means "The Red Gemstone or A Son!" and mainly is used for baby girls is notably used in Arabic and Norwegian
Namesakes of Cissy
- Cissy Patterson, American journalist and newspaper editor
- Cissy Houston, American soul and gospel singer
- Cissy van Marxveldt, Dutch writer of children's books
- Cissy King, American-born singer and dancer best known as a featured performer on 'The Lawrence Welk Show' television program
- Cissy van Bennekom, Dutch comedy actress
- Cissy Jones in The Walking Dead: The Game - Season 1 as Actress
- Cissy Wellman in The Outlaw Josey Wales as Actress
- Cissy Fitzgerald is notable for her acting in movie Flirtation