Cecilia name meaning
On This Page
What does Cecilia mean?
Eternal and Famous Cecilia is used dominantly in German, Danish, Spanish, Icelandic, Swedish, Old Norse, Greenlandic, Italian, English, Finnish, Norwegian and Scandinavian, Cecilia means "Dim Sighted, The Way for the Blind, Sixth or Indication of the Gender of Caecilier" is came from Latin is used as a gender-neutral name.
Also Cecilia is form of Caecilia in Nordic language.
How Cecilia is perceived as a baby name?
Cecilia is a beautiful and timeless baby girl name that exudes elegance and grace. It has been a popular name across different cultures due to its melodic sound and illustrious history.
One of the unique features of Cecilia is how it carries a strong association with music, being named after Saint Cecilia, the patron saint of musicians. Additionally, its Italian origins give it an exotic flair that sets it apart from other more common names.
When paired with a suitable middle name, such as Rose or Marie, Cecilia becomes a charming and sophisticated choice for parents looking for a beautiful name for their baby girl.
How do I pronounce Cecilia?
The three syllabled name Cecilia is pronounced, sah-see-lee-ah. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., sah-seel-yah or seh-seel-yuh.
Variants of Cecilia
Nicknames for Cecilia
There are plateful of nicknames to go along with Cecilia. Some of those include:
How popular is the name Cecilia?
Cecilia was a popular name in United States. Over 96972 babies have been named Cecilia since 1880. At the peak of its usage in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 155th spot and 1814 baby girls were given the name.
However after 165 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names an astounding 139 times Also, Cecilia is a popular in Italy where over 2818 new-borns have been given the name since 2016.
Recently peaking at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 43rd spot and 1010 baby girls were given the name. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 3 times
Cecilia is a common name in England and Wales given to over 1275 babies in 23 years.
Currently the name is rising, in 2016, 101 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 437th position. Also, Cecilia was a common name in Spain. Over 386 babies have been named Cecilia since 2002.
When at the peak of its usage in 2002,. After 2 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Cecilia used to be a common name in Sweden, first appeared in 1998 and over 672 babies have been given the name in 5 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 1998,. After 5 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Cecilia is a familiar baby name in France, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 900 names.
In 2010, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 815 on girl names chart when 64 babies were named Cecilia. Over 242 people have been named Cecilia in France. Cecilia is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 41 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 200.
Over 332 people have been named Cecilia in Ireland. During its 21 years of usage in Switzerland, it had made up to just the top 400 girl names. There are over 275 babies that have been given the name Cecilia in Switzerland.
In Belgium, it has been in use since 1997 and peaked in 2017 when it ranked 577th. Over 119 babies in Belgium have been named Cecilia.
Cecilia is a rare baby name in Spain there is very thin chances of it still being given since it isn't seen since 2003.
There are over 386 babies that have been given the name Cecilia in Spain. However things change on global perspective, Cecilia is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 500 have the name as well as in, Nigeria, Brazil and Philippines.
Also the baby name is popular in Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Ghana, Ecuador, Malawi, Sierra Leone, Zambia, Angola, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Venezuela, Cuba, Bolivia, Guatemala, Cameroon, El Salvador, Sudan, Uganda, England, Paraguay, Dominican Republic, Panama, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Malaysia and Papua New Guinea.
At least, 1810000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Cecilia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Cecilia?
You have no problem standing up for what's right, no matter if it concerns you, someone you know or someone you've just met. Letter A at the end of your name foreshadows your high ambition to become someone in life. Although you play tough all the time, deep inside, there's a sensitive soul capable of love. You are co-operative, caring and courteous individual. You are always open to new adventures.
Go through the following names similar to Cecilia
- Julienne - Unwonted Julienne came from Latin, meaning of Julienne is "Illustrious Roman Family or Julia", dominantly used in Swedish and Norwegian is used as a gender-neutral name
- Tacey - Atypical Tacey is used in English is a girl name, rooted from Latin, Tacey means "Quiet Silent Mute". Tacey is short version of Tacita.
- Petronille means Female Version of Peter, Small Rock or Stone typically used for girls which is rooted from Latin is notably used in French and Finnish
- Karina means Innocent, Pure or Pretty is chiefly used in Greenlandic and Gujarati is originated from Latin and Old Greek is a gender-neutral name
- Pascale - The curious unisex name Pascale is notably used in French, Pascale means "Easter or Paschal" came from Hebrew and Latin
Middle names for Cecilia
Here is a list of famous and familiar middle names that go with the baby name Cecilia.
View more middle names that goes with Cecilia.
Sibling Names for Cecilia
Choosing a name for your newborn can be a challenging task, especially when it comes to selecting the perfect sibling names. If you've decided on "Cecilia" as your little one's name, we've got you covered! Here are some great options for sibling names that complement the beautiful and classic name Cecilia.
Sister for Cecilia
Names for Cecilia's brother
Famous people named Cecilia
- Cecilia Cubas, the daughter of former Paraguayan President Raúl Cubas, was found dead on February 16
- Cecilia Andersson, ice hockey goaltender from Sweden
- Cecilia Månsdotter, Swedish noblewoman
- Cecilia Ferrazzi, Counter-Reformation Catholic mystic whose life was extensively involved with the establishment and maintenance of women's houses of refuge
- Cecilia Chacón, Peruvian fujimorist politician
- Cecilia Galloway, has been a headmistress
- Cecilia Stegö Chilò, Swedish Minister for Culture for ten days
- Cecilia Mettler, medical historian
- Cecilia Thackaberry, Irish nun with the Presentation Sisters
- Cecilia Magnusson, Swedish politician of the Moderate Party
- Cecilia Widegren, Swedish politician of the Moderate Party
- Cecilia Gasdia, Italian operatic soprano
- Cecilia Medina, Chilean jurist
- Cecilia Maria de Candia, British-Italian writer
- Cecilia Krieger, third person to earn a Ph
- Cecilia Gyllenhammar, Swedish author
- Saint Cecilia, patroness of musicians
- Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin, British-born American astronomer and astrophysicist
- Cecilia R. Aragon, American computer scientist, professor
- Cecilia Beaux, American society portraitist
- Cecilia Bolocco, Chilean actress
- Cecilia Gallerani, favourite and most celebrated of the many mistresses of Ludovico Sforza
- Cecilia Bartoli, Italian coloratura mezzo-soprano opera singer and recitalist
- Cecilia Altonaga, Florida United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Cecilia Renata of Austria, was Queen of Poland as the wife of King Władysław IV Vasa
- Cecilia Malmström, Swedish politician
- Cecilia Manguerra Brainard, author and editor of 20 books
- Cecilia Roth, Argentine actress
- Cecilia Tan, writer, editor, sexuality activist
- Cecilia Bowes-Lyon, Countess of Strathmore and Kinghorne, mother of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother and maternal grandmother and godmother of Queen Elizabeth II
- Cecilia Underwood, 1st Duchess of Inverness, mistress of Prince Augustus Frederick
- Cecilia, pop-rock band based in New York
- Cecilia Colledge, British figure skater
- Cecilia Suárez, Ariel Award and Emmy International nominated Mexican actress
- Cecilia Vennersten, Swedish pop singer
- Cecilia Fire Thunder, American Indian chief
- Cecilia Keaveney, former Irish Fianna Fáil politician
- Cecilia Alvear, Field Producer with NBC Network News in Burbank
- Cecilia Todd, singer and cuatro player
- Cecilia Dart-Thornton, Australian author of fantasy novels
- Cecilia Lundqvist, Swedish artist, working exclusively with animation
- Cecilia Amenábar, Chilean actress, model and artist
- Cecilia & The Argonauts, popular Nicaraguan rock band
- Cecilia Ekelundh, Swedish golfer
- Cecilia Rognoni, retired Argentine field hockey player,
- Cecilia Soto González, Mexican politician
- Cecilia Loftus, Scottish actress, singer, mimic, vaudevillian
- Cecilia Muñoz-Palma, Filipino jurist and the first woman appointed to the Supreme Court of the Philippines
- Cecilia Peck, American film producer, director and actress
- Cecilia Hart, American television and stage actress
- Cecilia, Spanish singer-songwriter
- Cecilia Vianini, Italian former freestyle swimmer
Lists having Cecilia
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in Italy (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2002)
- Baby Names that mean Blind
- Baby Names that mean Sixth
- Baby Names that mean One