Celia name meaning
On This Page
What does Celia mean?
Perennial and Predominant unisex name Celia is mainly used in Polish, English, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Scandinavian, Swedish, Latin, Danish and Spanish, meaning of Celia is "Blind, Form of Cecilia, Heavenly, Divine, Of Sky, Heaven or Indication of the Gender of Caecilier" is originated from Latin.
Celia is a version of fresh Caelia. Caelia is a feminine variation of Caelius. Celia is form of virtuous and customary Cecilia. Also Cecilia is Nordic equivalent of Caecilia. Cecilia means Sixth, The Way for the Blind and Blind One is originated from Latin..
Also Celia is equivalent of Celeste in English language. Also Celia is equivalent of Celina in English, Spanish and Italian languages.
How do I pronounce Celia?
The most common way to pronounce three syllabled Celia is ce-lia. It can also be pronounced as see-lee-uh.
Variants of Celia
How popular is the name Celia?
Celia was a popular name in United States. Over 54287 babies have been named Celia since 1880. At its zenith in 1882, the moniker grabbed the 141st spot and 853 baby girls were given the name.
However after 151 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the name has been in the top 500 baby names a whooping 87 times Also, Celia was a popular name in France.
Over 2677 babies have been given the given name in 13 years. At the peak of its usage in 2011, the moniker grabbed the 88th spot and 739 baby girls were given the name.
However after 13 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 100 baby names 1 times Also, Celia was a popular name in Spain.
Over 18652 babies have been given the given name in 17 years. At its zenith in 2004, 1403 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 30th position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 17 years but still dominating the charts.
Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 14 times
Celia is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names.
In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 562 on girl names chart when 44 babies were named Celia. Over 712 babies in England and Wales have been named Celia.
Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 193 on girl names chart when 41 babies were named Celia.
Over 399 people have been named Celia in Switzerland. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 2008, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 302 on girl names chart when 35 babies were named Celia.
Over 527 babies in Belgium have been named Celia.
Celia is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 1965 and achieved its top ranking of 284 in 1969.
However things change on global perspective, Celia is extremely popular in Brazil where every 1 in 600 have the name as well as in Mexico. Also the baby name is popular in Argentina, Peru, Philippines, Bolivia, England, Paraguay, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Guatemala, Cuba, Chile, Mozambique and El Salvador.
According to our evaluation, over 1020000 babies have been named Celia globally.
Celia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Celia?
Partnerships are exclusively important to you. Instead of letting your past pull you back, travel to your future and focus on making plans on how to realize your goals. You are always open to new adventures. You are a born leader who likes to be in charge of things. You like to enjoy all the pleasures life has to give such as alcohol, music, food, sex, and sleeping. You find motivation in the most unusual places and people.
Other names similar to Celia
- Francon - Latin name Francon means "Free Condition"
- Marie-Renée - The Marie-Renée has origin in Hebrew and Latin, meaning of Marie-Renée is "Princess of the Sea"
- Vinny means Noble Friend, Conquering or One Who Overcomes is used largely in English, English and Italian and of Latin and Old French origin is bestowed upon both boys and girls
- Fleuriane - Fleuriane's meaning is Flower is originated from Latin
- Claudine means Indication of the Gender of the Claudian, Female Version of Claude or Limping is of Latin origin which is used largely in Norwegian, Swedish and French is aimed at both genders
Middle names for Celia
Just in case, you don't know what to pair with Celia, we've got you covered with these widely-accepted and familiar middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Celia.
Sibling Names for Celia
If you're considering naming your baby girl Celia, you may be interested in finding sibling names that complement it well. To help inspire you, here are some great sibling name options to pair with Celia. Whether you prefer classic or modern names, there's sure to be something on this list that catches your eye!
Names for Celia's sister
Brother for Celia
Famous people named Celia
- Celia Green, British writer on philosophical skepticism and psychology
- Celia Birtwell, British textile designer and fashion designer,
- Celia Fiennes, English traveller
- Celia Farber, American print journalist and author,
- Celia Gregory, British stage, film and television actress
- Celia Lynch, Irish Fianna Fáil politician
- Celia Correas de Zapata, academic, poet, and author
- Celia Hammond, English former model
- Celia Haddon, British journalist and author
- Celia Brayfield, English author, academic and cultural commentator
- Celia Fremlin, award-winning writer of mystery fiction
- Celia Johnson, English actress, known for her roles
- Celia Cruz, Cuban-American singer and the most popular Latin artist of the 20th century
- Celia Imrie, thepeerage
- Celia Thaxter, American writer of poetry and stories
- Celia S. Friedman, American speculative fiction author
- Celia Adler, American actress
- Celia Franca, founder of The National Ballet of Canada and its artistic director for 24 years
- Celia Lovsky, Austrian-American actress
- Celia Sánchez, Cuban revolutionary, politician
- Celia Barlow, British Labour Party politician
- Celia Keenan-Bolger, American actress and singer
- Celia Rees, English author
- Celia Corres, member of the Women's National Team that won the gold medal at the 1992 Summer Olympics on home soil
- Celia Dropkin, Yiddish poet
- Celia Hart, Cuban physicist and writer
- Celia Rosser, Australian botanical illustrator, best
- Celia Walden, British journalist, novelist and critic
- Celia Weston, American character actress
- Celia M. Hunter, American environmentalist and conservationist
- Celia W. Dugger, American journalist
- Celia Thomas, Baroness Thomas of Winchester, founding member of the Liberal Party in Winchester
- Celia Ireland, Australian actress
- Celia Villalobos, Spanish politician
- Celia Calle, Boston-born and New York City-based illustrator
- In 2018 horror flick, Inner Ghosts, Celia Williams portrayed Helen.
- Celia Conde, from 1959 movie El secreto de papá, who played the N.
- Celia D'Alarcón portrayed important role of Sofía in 1955 drama, romance flick La vida tiene tres días.
- In 1927 drama film, Los hijos del trabajo, Celia Escudero portrayed N.
- Celia Flor, from 1951 musical flick Yolanda, who portrayed N.
- Celia Gámez portrayed leading character of Marga in 1974 comedy, musical movie Mi hijo no es lo que parece.
- Celia Montalván characterized the critical role of N in 1945 drama, musical movie Club verde.
- Celia Ortiz, from 1917 film Alma torturada, who portrayed N.
- Celia Padilla, from 1917 drama film Patria nueva, who played N.
- Celia Rodriguez, from 1966 drama film The Passionate Strangers, who portrayed the Lydia Transmonte.
- In 1977 flick, Juventud drogada, Celia Torres portrayed Auri.
- In 1956 action, adventure flick, Simaron, Celia Fuentes characterized Marianna.
Lists having Celia
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Polish Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -lia
- Popular Girl Names in France (2011)
- Baby Names that mean Blind
- Baby Names that mean Heavenly
- Baby Names that mean Divine
- Baby Names that mean Sky
- Baby Names that mean Heaven