Celeste name meaning
What does Celeste mean?
Commonly Accepted and Conifer Celeste has its origin in Latin, Celeste means "Heavenly or Divine" given to both sexes is used principally in English, Danish, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish, Italian and Finnish. Celeste is variant form of perpetual Celestina. Celestina is a variant of popular and venerable Celeste. Celestina is a feminine form of The Latin Name Caelestis = Heavenly. Celestina is equivalent of Coelestina in Spanish and Italian languages. Celestina's meaning is Heavenly of Sky, Of the Sky and The Word Coelestis with the Meaning Heavenly of the Sky came from Latin.
What do we think of Celeste as a name for a newborn?
Celeste is a unique and elegant name for a baby girl that has gained popularity in recent years. Its Latin origin and meaning, heavenly, add to its charm and appeal. The name Celeste carries a sense of purity, grace, and beauty that makes it stand out from other names. It's simple yet sophisticated, which makes it ideal for parents who want something classic with a modern twist. Celeste has a soft sound that lays well on the ears and is easy to spell and pronounce. Additionally, it's an ideal choice for families who are religious or spiritual as the name holds deep significance in terms of divinity. Overall, Celeste is an exceptional baby girl name that brings character and personality to any child lucky enough to bear it.
How do I pronounce Celeste?
Two syllabled Celeste is most commonly pronounced as ce-les-te. cel(e)-ste is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Celeste
Caelestis, Celestina, Coelestina, Celesta, Celina, Caelius, Caelia, Asselina, Marcelina
Nicknames for Celeste
Check out these nickaname options for name Celeste:Names that rhyme with Celeste
How popular is the name Celeste?
a popular name in United States with over 57482 new-borns have been given the name since 1881. Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 2004, it ranked 204th when 1634 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 500 baby names an astonishing 82 times Celeste used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 1900 and over 6362 babies have been given the name in 184 years. At its zenith in 1906,. However after 184 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Celeste is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 700 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 657 on girl names chart when 61 babies were named Celeste. Over 812 babies in England and Wales have been named Celeste. The name is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 500 names. Recently in 2016, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 438 on girl names chart when 29 babies were named Celeste. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 400 names. Recently in 2016, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 327 on girl names chart when 31 babies were named Celeste. Over 384 babies in Belgium have been named Celeste.
Celeste is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, even after 21 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 600. Over 147 babies in Switzerland have been named Celeste. The name is a rare baby name in Netherlands however it is still in use. But Celeste is a popular baby name in Mozambique where every 1 in 600 have the name as well as in, Angola, Brazil, Philippines, South Africa, Portugal, Dominican Republic and Mexico. As per our evaluation, over 250000 people has been named Celeste globally.
Celeste in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Celeste
You want to be the boss in every situation. You are full of dignity, charm, and have a lot of admirers because of your openness and kind nature. You want a stable, deep connection with people. You have some crazy dreams you want to achieve one day. Although you believe your dreams are too wild to realize, you are completely wrong. You often trust the wrong people when it comes to relationships.
Other names similar to Celeste
- Karena - Far-out Karena majorly is used in Finnish and Norwegian, meaning of Karena is "Clear and The Pure", a baby girl name has origin in Latin and Italian. Karena is shortened form of Karen.
- Antonietta - Originated from Greek and Latin, Unorthodox Antonietta is substantially used in Finnish and Italian and is given to girls, Antonietta means "That Feeds on Flower"
- Emilio - Persistent and Widespread Emilio is used especially in Swedish, Spanish and Italian aimed at both sexes, Emilio means "Emulum, Imitating or Rivaling" is originated from Latin
- Maksims - Originated from Latin, Maksims is used as a boy name, Maksims means "The Greatest" is notably used in Latvian
- Laurka - Used dominantly in Polish, Laurka means "From Laurentum Stem End, Sweet Bay Tree and Laurel" and is used for baby girls is rooted from Latin. Laurka is derived from Laura.
Middle names for Celeste
These are some of the endearing and distinctive options for Celeste middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Celeste.
Sibling Names for Celeste
Choosing a name for your little one can be an exciting yet overwhelming task. If you've decided on the beautiful name Celeste and are looking for inspiration for sibling names, you're in luck! Here is a list of 20 sibling names that pair well with the lovely Celeste.
Sister for Celeste
Brother to Celeste
Famous people named Celeste
- Celeste McCollough, American psychologist
- Celeste Raspanti, US playwright
- Celeste Farotti, Violin maker in the modern Milanese school
- Celeste Holm, American stage, film and television actress
- Celeste Cid, Argentine actress
- Celeste Yarnall, American actress primarily of the 1960s and 1970s
- Celeste De Blasis, successful American author of historical romance novels
- Celeste Troche, Paraguayan professional golfer
- Celeste Thorson, American actress, model, screenwriter
- In 2017, Celeste Creel characterized the role of Regina E. Mason in biography and documentary movie Gina's Journey: The Search for William Grimes.
- Celeste Grijo portrayed minor role of N in 1947 comedy film Una gitana en Jalisco.
- Celeste Lim, from 2004 drama film Clouds in My Coffee, who portrayed N.
- In 2018, Celeste Notley-Smith portrayed the role of Tari in fantasy flick Waluigi Arc.
- In 2020, Celeste Canales portrayed the role of Amy and Betsy in crime, drama movie U Driver.
- Celeste Barry, from 2006 horror film Watch Me, who played the Rigby.
Lists having Celeste
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Heavenly
- Baby Names that mean Divine
- Baby Names that mean Sky