Damaris meaning and origin
Prominent Damaris is originated from Old Greek is used as a gender insensitive name, Damaris means "Heifer, Gentle, Calf or Companion" is specifically used in Danish, German, English, Norwegian, Swedish, Greek and Finnish. Damaris is equivalent of The Greek Name Δαμαρις in Latin language. The name is celebrated on October 4th.
Variants of DamarisNames that rhyme with Damaris
Popularity of Damaris
Damaris is common in United States where over 12276 new-borns have been given the name since 1916. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 2006, the moniker grabbed the 603rd spot and 483 baby girls were given the name. Damaris is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1997 but could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 138 babies that have been given the name Damaris in England and Wales. Also, it is among the top 2000 girl names in France. Over 295 babies in France have been named Damaris. In Belgium, first appeared in 2011 and is still in use.
Damaris is a rare baby name in Ireland however it is still in use. But Damaris is a popular baby name in Kenya where every 1 in 700 have the name as well as in, Colombia, Mexico, Cuba, Indonesia, Brazil, Cameroon, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Venezuela, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Panama and Guatemala. As per our research, over 250000 babies have been bestowed Damaris around the globe.
Damaris in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Damaris?
Trust your intuition when it tells you a person isn't to be trusted. You live too little in your present and too much in your past and future. You lack self-discipline. If the letter D is your cornerstone, you are a determinate, but down to earth and self-reliant. Stress hates your guts. You never take a leap of faith but do things with a plan. You always watch not to hurt anyone's emotions.
Do you like Damaris? Other names you would love
- Ellah - Ellah's meaning is Completely, My God is Perfect and God with Us is used as a girl name is rooted from Arabic, Old Greek and French. Ellah is resultant of Ella.
- Mac'harit means Pearl is used specifically in Breton has origin in Greek
- Marléna - Hebrew and Greek name Marléna means "Sea or Sun"
- Pamina - Girl name Pamina is specifically used in German, meaning of Pamina is "Full Moon" came from German, Greek and Germanic
- Atropas - Girl name Atropas means "She who Cannot Be Avoided" has its origin in Old Greek language. Atropas is derivation of Atropos.
Namesakes of Damaris
- Damaris Cudworth Masham, English theological writer and advocate for women's education
- Damaris Hayman, English character actress
- Damaris Justamante in Transporter 2 as Actress
- Damaris Diaz in Pilot as Actress
- Damaris Lewis in Limitless as Actress
- Damaris Phillips in Episode dated 14 June 2015 as
Lists having Damaris
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Dam
- Boy names that ends with -ris
- Baby Names that mean Gentle
- Baby Names that mean Calf
- Baby Names that mean Companion
- Baby Names that mean Wife