Destiny name meaning
What does Destiny mean?
Prominent Destiny's origin is English and Latin is used chiefly in Swedish, English, Danish, Finnish and Norwegian is a gender insensitive name, meaning of Destiny is "Fate, Destiny or One's Fate". Destiny is English cognate of Latin Destinare = Make Firm, Establish In the Sense of That Which has Been Firmly Established, As By Fate.
How do I pronounce Destiny?
The two syllabled name Destiny is pronounced, dess-tih-nee. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., d(e)-sti-ny or des-tiny.
Variants of Destiny
How popular is the name Destiny?
Destiny was a very popular name in United States. Over 146678 babies have been named Destiny since 1956. When at its peak in 2001, the moniker grabbed the 22nd spot and 9848 baby girls were given the name. However after 99 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 12 times Destiny is common in England and Wales where over 3475 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. When at its peak in 2010, the moniker grabbed the 210th spot and 238 baby girls were given the name.
Destiny is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 2003 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. Recently in 2018, it ranked 1140th when 32 boys were named Destiny. There are over 245 babies that have been given the name Destiny in France. Also, in Netherlands, in just 2 years, it has made it to the top 400 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 344 on girl names chart when 37 babies were named Destiny.
Destiny is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, although it has been in use since 2001 but could not make beyond the top 300. Over 159 people have been named Destiny in Ireland. In Belgium, it is relatively new, first appeared in 2002. Destiny is a rare baby name in Netherlands however it is still in use. But Destiny is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 6000 have the name. At least, 150000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Destiny in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Destiny?
Everyone admires the courage you have to do the things you want in life, and reject everything that's not in your favor. Once you put your mind to something, there's no letting go until you get it done. You often get involved with people who have a hard time to express how they actually feel. People complain about your coldness. But these are the people that haven't had the chance to know you better.
Go through the following names similar to Destiny
- Reene - Trendy and Enduring Reene is originated from Latin and African-Hausa is a baby girl name is used substantially in Finnish, Swedish and Danish. Reene is Finnish equivalent of Rene
- Sereno - Commonly used in Italian, Sereno is of Latin origin and is used for boys, meaning of Sereno is "Peaceful or Serene"
- Preziosa - The Preziosa has its origin in Latin, Preziosa means "Precious or Precious"
- Ancel - Customary and All time favorite boy name Ancel means "Ass or Helmet" used mainly in English is originated from Old High German and Latin languages
- Urszula - Unconventional Urszula came from Latin language bestowed upon baby girls which is used in Polish, meaning of Urszula is "Little Bear"
Sibling Names for Destiny
Introducing a list of sibling names for the name "Destiny." Finding the perfect name for your newborn can be a challenge, especially if you're looking for sibling names that complement each other. Here are some great options to consider when naming your new bundle of joy.
Sister for Destiny
Brother to Destiny
Famous people named Destiny
- Destiny, Swedish heavy metal band that was
- Destiny Cambre in The Butcher as Actress
- Destiny Jackson-Evans in Final Grades as Actress
- Destiny Dream in Big Black Wet Asses 13 as Actress
- Destiny Porter in Locked Up as Actress
- Destiny Reyes in Art of Submission as Actress
- Destiny St. Claire in Murder-Set-Pieces as Actress
- Destiny Day in Big Ass Slumber Party 7 as Actress
- Destiny Chukunyere is a young Maltese-Nigerian singer.
- Destiny Ekaragha directed the movie Gone Too Far
Lists having Destiny
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Des
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2011)
- Baby Names that mean Fate
- Baby Names that mean Destiny
- Baby Names that mean Fortune
- Baby Names that mean Greek
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean One