Echo name meaning
On This Page
What does Echo mean?
Originated from English, Old Greek and Greek, Famous and Conifer Echo typically bestowed upon both boys and girls, Echo means "Reflected Sound".
Echo's impression as a baby name
Echo is a unique name choice for baby girls due to its distinct sound and elegant charm. The name originates from Latin, translating to "reflected sound." What makes Echo stand out is its beautiful and mysterious quality, as it alludes to the mythological nymph who could only repeat the last words spoken to her.
This name has become increasingly popular in recent years due to its rare usage and association with a powerful force of nature. It's a great option for parents looking for an uncommon yet meaningful name that will make their child stand out from the crowd.
Overall, Echo is an enchanting pick that holds significance and beauty - perfect for any little girl who embodies those qualities.
How do I pronounce Echo?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Echo is e-cho. The other ways to say the name is eh-koe.
Variants of EchoNames that rhyme with Echo
How popular is the name Echo?
Echo is a common name in United States given to over 4136 babies in 124 years. When at its peak in 1983, the moniker grabbed the 844th spot and 182 baby girls were given the name.
Echo is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 1996, peaked in 1996 when it ranked 2350th. Echo is a common name in China while somewhat familiar name in Canada, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Indonesia, India, Ivory Coast, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
According to our findings, over 8000 babies have been named Echo globally.
Numerological aspects of Echo
You have a great sense of humor and it's probably not the first time you hear it. Listen to your heart, enjoy more and care less. Stop looking at life as something you understand completely because no one does, and no one will ever do. To have number 22 as your expression no means you are destined for great things. Meditation is your thing. You have the capability to guide others and people will get awestruck by witnessing your efforts.
Other names similar to Echo
- Vilppu has its origin in Germanic and Old Greek bestowed upon boys is especially used in Swedish, Finnish and Danish. Vilppu is Finnish equivalent of Filpus
- André has its origin in Old Greek, André means "The Manly or The Brave" and is bestowed upon baby boys is mainly used in Danish and Icelandic
- Anteia - Anteia means "Name of a Sea Fish" is originated from Greek language
- Tereza - Meaning of Tereza is The Hunteress used for girls, used principally in Slavic, Romanian and Czech is originated from Czech and Hungarian
- Aneesha - Anomalous Aneeshas origin is Old Greek, meaning of Aneesha is "One who is Supreme, Continuous or Friendly" and is aimed at girls is prevalently used in Marathi and Gujarati
Sibling Names for Echo
If you've recently decided to name your baby Echo, you may be wondering what other names would pair well with it for future siblings. Whether you're looking for names that rhyme or have similar meanings, we've compiled a list of some options to consider. Here are some great sibling names to complement your little Echo.
Sister for Echo
Brother to Echo
Famous people named Echo
- Echo & the Bunnymen, English rock band formed in Liverpool in 1978
- Echo Orbiter, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, based indie rock band
- Echo Helstrom, Portland
- Echo Eggebrecht, artist living and working
- Echo Hollow, American Christian metal band
- Echo Porisky in Episode #1.1 as Actress
- Echo Johnson in Playboy Celebrity Centerfold: Jessica Hahn as
- Echo Danon is famous for her acting in movie Love Forbidden
- Echo Gaffney portrayed leading role of Karate Girl in 1999 comedy flick When Actors Attack.
Lists having Echo
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Sound