Ena meaning and origin
Celebrated and Conifer Ena's origin is Latin and African-Efik, meaning of Ena is "Doe, Marked, A Black Antelope, The Zodiac Sign of Capricorn, Kernel, Irena, Shining, Only Fighting or Small Fire" which is commonly used in Assamese, Sanskrit, Marathi, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Serbo-Croatian, Greenlandic and Swedish is aimed at both boys and girls. Ena is variant form of noteworthy and ceaseless Ina. Ina is variant form of Names Ending with -Ina / -Ine / -In / -Iina. Also Ina is variation of timeless and well-liked Ines. Ina is shortened form of names ending in "ina". Ina's meaning is Mother of the Rain, Sun and -Ina is of Latin, German and African-Efik origin. Ena is a diminutive of Helene. Helene is variant of widely accepted and perpetual Helen. Also Helene is form of illustrous Selene. Meaning of Helene is The Torch, Sun Ray and In Mythology the Abduction of Zeus's Mortal Daughter Helen Sparked the Trojan War is rooted from Old Greek. Ena is effeminate variation of Enar. Enar is Danish and Swedish equivalent of Æinarr. Used in Danish and Finnish prominent and ceaseless, Enar came from Swedish, Enar means "A Great Warrior". Also Ena is Norwegian equivalent of Einar.
Variants of Ena
View middle names that goes with Ena like Patrice, Blaine, Kaiser, Benjamine, Jamie, Kely,Names that rhyme with Ena
Popularity of Ena
Ena is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1906, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 349 on girl names chart when 89 babies were given the name Ena. There are over 3284 babies that have been given the name Ena in United States. Ena is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, its highest ever rank is 1501 (2014) in its 18 years run on England and Wales naming chart. There are over 183 babies that have been given the name Ena in England and Wales.
Ena is a rare baby name in France where it is still in use. But Ena is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 30000 have the name as well as in, Indonesia and Colombia. According to our estimate, over 130000 babies have been named Ena globally.
Ena in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Ena
Having the letter A as your capstone reveals your true personality. Although you play tough all the time, deep inside, there's a sensitive soul capable of love. You are a good listener and friend. Open your mind and allow yourself to form a different opinion than the usual one you have. You are just scared to express your feelings because you secretly believe it will give people power over you. You are a good listener but give the worst advice.
Other names similar to Ena, for name hunters
- Lillia means Blend of Lily and Favour came from English and Latin, notably used in English, Danish and Finnish is used usually as a baby girl name. Lillia is diminutive of Lilian.
- Silje - Meaning of Silje is Blind is a baby girl name. It is rooted from Latin is used prevalently in Swedish, Norwegian and Scandinavian
- Christiana - Used mainly in Finnish and Norwegian long standing and admired, Christiana is originated from Latin, Christiana means "Christian Woman or Christian" is aimed at baby girls
- Spartacus - Particulary used in Swedish, English and Finnish uncustomary, Spartacus is used as a baby boy name, meaning of Spartacus is "From Sparta or Spartan, from the City of Sparta" is of Latin and Greek origin
- Perine - Unisex name Perine is mostly used in Swedish and Norwegian has its origin in Latin, Perine means "Wanderer, Pilgrim and Traveller". Perine is a short form of Peregrine.
Namesakes of Ena
- Ena Swansea, artist based in New York City
- Ena Baga, British pianist and theatre organist
- Ena Begović, Croatian actress
- Ena Gregory, Australian-American actress
- Actor Ena Begovic, notable for movie Glembajevi
- In 1919 crime, drama film, The Greater Love, Ena Beaumont played Joyce Henderson.
- Ena Gerken characterized small role of N in 1945 comedy, drama flick Como yo te quería.
- In 1934, Ena Grossmith characterized the role of Elizabeth in comedy film Virginia's Husband.
- Ena Henderson played central role of Erica in 1989 horror movie Fatal Exposure.
- Ena Soutar, from 1922 adventure movie Swallow, who portrayed Wilhemina Botmar.
Lists having Ena
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- African Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Croatian Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Assamese Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Black
- Baby Names that mean Sign
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Fighting
- Baby Names that mean Small
- Baby Names that mean Fire