Finn name meaning
On This Page
What does Finn mean?
The prevalent unisex name Finn is used specifically in Finnish, Irish, Norwegian, Italian, Nordic, Danish, German, Icelandic, Swedish, English, Greenlandic and Faroese is came from Celtic and Old Norse, Finn means "Light Skinned, Blond, Fair-haired Courageous One, Laplander, The Finn, White or Blonde".
Finn is variation of Finnr. Finnr means Sámi, Laplander, Finn is predominantly used in Old Norse is originated from Old Norse. Finn is a variant form of widespread Fionn. Fionn is form of saintly Finbar.
Also Fionn is form of desirable Finn. Fionn is abridged form of Finnian. Fionn is Gaelic form of Finn. Of Celtic and Old Irish origin, Customary Fionn, Fionn means "Blonde, The Fair and The Blond".
Finn is equivalent of Finna in Swedish language.
Is the name Finn suitable for a newborn?
Yes, the name Finn is a great choice for a newborn boy. Its Irish origin and meaning, 'Fair; from Finland' allude to a sense of justice, which makes it fitting for any little boy.
It is also short and easy to remember, which can be helpful when naming a baby. Additionally, it is uncommon enough that it will still sound fresh and interesting many years later.
Finally, the popularity of this name has grown in recent years without becoming too mainstream or overused.
How do I pronounce Finn?
The one syllabled name Finn is commonly pronounced as fin.
Variants of Finn
Nicknames for Finn
Though Finn itself is a short name but that doesn't mean that you cannot have nicknames. See the list below:Names that rhyme with Finn
How popular is the name Finn?
a popular name in United States with over 21113 new-borns have been given the name since 1918. At its zenith in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 166th spot and 2365 baby boys were given the name.
In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 13 times Also, a popular name in England and Wales with over 10255 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
At present at its peak, the moniker grabbed the 76th spot and 817 baby boys were given the name. Additionally, the name has been in the top 100 baby names 3 times
Finn is a common name in Ireland given to over 3354 babies in 20 years.
Presently the name is rising, in 2018, 314 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 18th position. Also, A common name in Switzerland with over 1955 new-borns have been given the name since 1999.
Currently peaked at the charts, it ranked 24th when 192 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, In Belgium, Finn was once a common name since emerging in 2001 it has been given to over 2997 babies.
When at its peak in 2016,. However after 30 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, Finn is a common name in New South Wales given to over 2166 babies in 14 years.
Currently peaking at the charts, it ranked 39th when 201 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, In Queensland, Finn was once a common name since emerging in 2011 it has been given to over 1035 babies.
When at the peak of its usage in 2016,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 8 years but it is still going strong. Also, Finn is a common name in Victoria given to over 1220 babies in 10 years.
The name is current favorite of the parents, in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 42nd spot and 152 baby boys were given the name.
Finn is an uncommon baby name in France where it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 2016 when it ranked 2050th.
Over 127 people have been named Finn in France. But Finn is a popular baby name in Denmark where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in Norway.
According to our evaluation, at least 40000 people have been bestowed Finn around the globe.
Finn in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Finn
You have a strong will to succeed and survive on your own. Having letter I as your first vowel represents your elegance, impulsive attitude, big heart, and gentle soul. It's just that the world isn't shaped as you want and it's making you angry. You don't want to bother people with your problems and pass negative energy. Your life dream is to become a role model and inspire people. You want to inspire people to do more in life and thrive to accomplish more.
Looking for a name like Finn? Please go through the following names
- Conan - Unusual Conan primarily is used in English and Irish, meaning of Conan is "Wolf or Bald" which originated from Celtic and Welsh is given to baby boys
- Kayleen - Prevalent girl name Kayleen is used especially in English that originated from Old Irish and Celtic, meaning of Kayleen is "Pure or Descendant of Caollaidhe"
- Onnen means Ash is originated from Celtic
- Muirna - Meaning of Muirna is Gentle Beloved and Beloved is used specifically in English and came from Celtic is used as a baby girl name. Muirna is derivation of Myrna.
- Gwenda - Gwenda's meaning is White Ring or Good is originated from Celtic and Welsh and is bestowed upon girls is especially used in English
Middle names for Finn
Here are some familiar and striking middle names we think go great with Finn, we've got you covered with these familiar and striking middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Finn.
Sibling Names for Finn
If you've decided to name your baby boy Finn, congratulations! Now it's time to pick the perfect middle or last name. We've compiled a list of sibling names that pair well with Finn, whether you're looking for a traditional or more unique option. Keep reading to find the perfect sibling name for your little one.
Names for Finn's sister
Brother to Finn
Famous people named Finn
- Finn, legendary Frisian king
- Finn Kalvik, Norwegian singer and composer
- Finn Gustavsen, Norwegian socialist politician active
- Finn Andersen, born on February 20, 1944
- Finn Thorsen, retired Norwegian footballer
- Finn Iunker, Norwegian playwright born in Arendal
- Finn Taylor, American film writer and director
- Finn Isaksen, Norwegian politician for the Centre Party
- Finn Árnasson, Norwegian nobleman and advisor to both King Olaf Haraldsson and King Harald III of Norway and later served King Sweyn II of Denmark
- Finn Christian Jagge, former Norwegian Alpine skier
- Finn Bendixen, Norwegian long jumper
- Finn Haldorsen, Norwegian-born businessman
- Finn Schiander, Norwegian sailor
- Finn Moe, Norwegian journalist and politician for the Labour Party
- Finn Øen, Norwegian businessperson and politician for the Liberal Party
- Finn Wagle, theologian and a former bishop of Nidaros
- Finn Ronne, Norwegian-born U.S. citizen and Antarctic explorer
- Finn Brothers, New Zealand musical duo consisting of brothers Neil and Tim Finn
- Finn Tugwell, Danish table tennis player
- Finn E. Kydland, Norwegian economist
- Finn Carter, American actress
- Finn Andrews, British/New Zealand musician
- Finn Lied, Norwegian military researcher and politician for the Labour Party
- Finn Kristensen, Norwegian electrician
- Finn Helgesen, speed skater from Norway
- Finn Laudrup, Danish former association football player
- Finn Berstad, Norwegian footballer
- Finn Døssing, Danish former footballer
- Finn Aabye, Danish film producer
- Finn Jensen, former Danish darts player
- Finn Willy Sørensen, Danish former football player and manager
- Finn Kobberø, badminton player from Denmark
- Finn Bálor, professional wrestler
- Finn Thomsen, - 35pts
- Finn Seemann, Norwegian footballer
- Finn Arnesson was a Viking caudillo and royal Scandinavian adviser to Olaf II the Holy and Harald III of Norway and later Svend II of Denmark.
- Finn Bentzen is well-known for his acting in TV series Jullerup Færgeby
- Finn Bernhoft portrayed the minor character of Andersen, grossereren in 1932 drama, romance flick Skjærgårdsflirt.
- In 1925 drama, romance film, Fager er lien, Finn Lange characterized Kristian, frelsessoldat.
- Finn Wittrock, from 2015 biography and drama flick My All-American, who played the Freddie Steinmark.
Lists having Finn
- Boys names beginning with F
- Girls names beginning with F
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Skinned
- Baby Names that mean Blond
- Baby Names that mean Fair
- Baby Names that mean haired
- Baby Names that mean Courageous
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Laplander
- Baby Names that mean White
- Baby Names that mean Blonde