Halimah name meaning
What does Halimah mean?
Origin of Outlandish Halimah is in Arabic, meaning of Halimah is "Gentle, Soft-spoken, Patient, Mild, Humane or Mild-tempered", a baby girl name is used majorly in Arabic. Halimah is a variation of widespread Halima. Halima is Latin and Arabic form of Halim. Halima means Mannered, Gentle Mild-Mannered and Merciful has its origin in Arabic.
How do I pronounce Halimah?
The three syllabled name Halimah is pronounced, ha-li-mah.
Variants of Halimah
Halima, Halim, Haleema, Abdul Halim
How popular is the name Halimah?
Halimah is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 645 on girl names chart when 50 babies were named Halimah. There are over 675 babies that have been given the name Halimah in England and Wales. Halimah is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1975 but could not make beyond the top 5000. There are over 443 babies that have been given the name Halimah in United States.
However things change on global perspective, Halimah is extremely popular in Indonesia where every 1 in 2000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Malaysia and Uganda. As per our evaluation, over 200000 people has been named Halimah globally.
Halimah in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Halimah?
People admire your spirit. When it comes to career, you are all about punctuality. You are often taken as crazy because of your fearlessness and courageous acts you take to achieve your aspirations. Sometimes, you are self-doubtful. Other times, your self-confidence is high. People often mistake you for a fool but you always find an indirect way to prove them wrong. Learn what makes you happy. Remember that life is to have fun and don't worry much.
You would love these names similar to Halimah
- Rashed - Unfamiliar Rashed has its origin in Arabic language bestowed upon boys, used especially in Arabic, Rashed means "Righteous, Guide to the Light Path or Having the True Faith"
- Areefa is used in Arabic, Areefa means "Female Version of Areef, Learned or Expert" aimed at baby girls came from Arabic
- Nihala - Nihala's meaning is Prosperous, Pleased or Exalted is majorly used in Arabic is aimed at baby girls
- Shaikhul-Islam - Used largely in Arabic, Shaikhul-Islam bestowed upon boys, Shaikhul-Islam means "Leader of Islam"
- Fazle-Ilahi - Meaning of Fazle-Ilahi is Bounty of Allah used for baby boys is mainly used in Arabic
Sibling Names for Halimah
Halimah is a beautiful and unique name for any baby girl. If you're looking for sibling names that complement Halimah, we've got you covered! Here are some suggestions that are just as lovely and meaningful.
Sister for Halimah
For a brother
Famous people named Halimah
- Halimah bint Abi Dhuayb, foster-mother and wetnurse of the Islamic prophet Muhammad
Lists having Halimah
- Girl names beginning with H
- Arabic Girl Names
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Gentle
- Baby Names that mean Soft
- Baby Names that mean Patient
- Baby Names that mean Mild