Hafsah name meaning
On This Page
What does Hafsah mean?
Unexpected Hafsah particulary is used in Swahili, Arabic and African has origin in African-Swahili and Arabic, a girl name, meaning of Hafsah is "To Collect, To Rest, Married to the Prophet or Gathering".
Hafsah is a variant of well-known Hafsa. Hafsa is Latin cognate of The Arabic Name حفصة of Unknown Meaning, Nesting Hen. Originated from African-Swahili and Arabic, Rare Hafsa, Hafsa means "Sound Judgement, Gathering and Good Judgment".
How about the name Hafsah for a baby?
Hafsah is a beautiful and unique name for a baby girl. It originates from the Arabic language and means "cut", which could be interpreted in many different ways.
For example, it could mean that the child will have an independent spirit or it could signify strength. The name also has religious significance as it was the name of one of Muhammad's wives who was one of the first people to make copies of the Quran.
Overall, Hafsah would be a perfect name for a baby girl as it carries with it such powerful connotations.
How do I pronounce Hafsah?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Hafsah is ha(f)-sah.
Variants of HafsahNames that rhyme with Hafsah
How popular is the name Hafsah?
In England and Wales, Hafsah was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 2290 babies. At its zenith in 2002,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years.
Hafsah is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 5000 names. Recently in 2018, it ranked 4327th when 32 girls were named Hafsah.
Over 466 people have been named Hafsah in United States.
Hafsah is an uncommon baby name in still in use in France. But Hafsah is a popular baby name in Indonesia where every 1 in 30000 have the name.
According to our estimate, at least 20000 people have been bestowed Hafsah around the globe.
Hafsah in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Hafsah
You believe that each one of us was born with a purpose or is supposed to give their life a purpose of their own. You hang around with different people, so you can widen your life perspective and expand your knowledge. Greater knowledge and truth drive you to explore constantly. You are the innovator, the one who organizes parties or sleepovers, and the initiator for doing unusual stuff. You are a thermal person who teaches people the importance of questioning and awareness.
Do you like Hafsah? Read these names too
- Heri - Of Old Norse and African-Swahili origin, Unwonted Heri means "Happiness or Good", commonly used in Swedish and Swahili is given to baby boys
- Janna - Used primarily in English, Nordic and Scandinavian frequently used, Janna is originated from Hebrew and Arabic is a gender insensitive name, Janna means "Heaven or Yahweh is Gracious". In 1979, well-liked Janna was the 469th most popular name in baby girl names list in United States
- Nuru - Uncustomary Nuru is used predominantly in Marathi, African and Hindi aimed at boys, Nuru means "Light, Bright Color or Born During the Day" has its origin in Arabic
- Imara - Particulary used in African and Swahili unexpected, Imara has origin in African-Swahili, a baby girl name, meaning of Imara is "Strong-Willed or Strong"
- Abasey - Originated from African-Swahili, Abasey bestowed upon boys, Abasey means "Stern". Abasey is derivative of Abasi.
Sibling Names for Hafsah
Introducing Hafsah! You already have a beautiful name for your baby girl, and now you are looking for her siblings' names. Here is a list of unique baby names for Hafsah's siblings.
For a brother
For a sister
Famous people named Hafsah
We could not find any notable namesake.
Lists having Hafsah
- Girl names beginning with H
- African Girl Names
- Arabic Girl Names
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Rest
- Baby Names that mean Prophet
- Baby Names that mean Wife
- Baby Names that mean Muhammad