Hamza name meaning
On This Page
What does Hamza mean?
Prominent Hamza is originated from Arabic is used in Danish, Arabic, Finnish, Gujarati, Norwegian, Swedish, Tamil, Kannada, English and Turkish used as a unisex name, Hamza means "Lion, Strong, Sour Leaves, Smart, Steadfast, Brave, Severe or Austere".
How do I pronounce Hamza?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Hamza is ha(m)-za.
Variants of HamzaNames that rhyme with Hamza
How popular is the name Hamza?
Hamza was a popular name in France. Over 13554 babies have been named Hamza since 1955. When at the peak of its usage in 2013, 681 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 109th position.
However after 59 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 40 times A common name in United States having over 7217 recievers in 41 years of usage.
Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2016, 492 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 569th position. Also, In England and Wales, Hamza was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 6908 babies.
When at the peak of its usage in 2001,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, Hamza is common in Netherlands where over 620 new-borns have been given the name since 2015.
Presently the name is rising, in 2017, the moniker grabbed the 121st spot and 137 baby boys were given the name. Also, Hamza is a common name in Belgium given to over 2759 babies in 25 years.
At present the name is rising, in 2013, the moniker grabbed the 67th spot and 161 baby boys were given the name.
Hamza is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names.
Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 250 on boy names chart when 36 babies were named Hamza. Over 407 people have been named Hamza in Switzerland. Hamza is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 22 years of use, it could not make it big.
Over 129 babies in Ireland have been named Hamza.
However things change on global perspective, Hamza is extremely popular in Morocco where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in Nigeria.
Also the baby name is popular in Algeria, Iraq, Turkey, Tanzania, Sudan, Niger, Jordan, Tunisia, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Libya, Syria, India, Chad, Kenya, Somalia, Yemen, Djibouti, Ghana, Palestine, Spain and Bangladesh.
According to our findings, at least 1020000 people have been bestowed Hamza around the globe.
Hamza in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Hamza?
Having letter A as your capstone reveals how you look at life and other people. You are daring and courageous. You are a child of change. Your first instinct about someone as a person is the one you should listen. In order to achieve something great and unseen so far, you have to rely on your talents, creativity, and intuition. You don't like to be told what to do, nor boss around. You have big plans for yourself and your future.
Other names similar to Hamza, for soon-to-be-parents
- Durdanah - The girl name Durdanah is particulary used in Arabic and Sindhi, Durdanah means "Pearl"
- Safi - Infrequent unisex name Safi means "Clear or The Favorite" which of Arabic origin is used particulary in Swahili, Arabic and Finnish
- Buthayna - Meaning of Buthayna is Of Beautiful or Tender Body or Easily Cultivated Land came from Arabic which is particulary used in Hindi and Gujarati is used as a girl name
- Baz - Rarefied and Contemporary Bazs origin is Celtic and Old Greek is used commonly in Arabic and English used for boys, meaning of Baz is "Basil (the Herb), To Play an Instrument or King"
- Yasin - Uncustomary Yasin notably is used in Danish, Turkish and Norwegian is a unisex name, meaning of Yasin is "To Man, Ya or Victory" came from Arabic
Sibling Names for Hamza
If you're looking for a sibling name that matches perfectly with Hamza, then you've come to the right place. Check out our list of names below that will complement and harmonize with Hamza's unique and strong personality. Whether you're having another boy or girl, we've got plenty of options to choose from!
Sister to Hamza
For a brother
Famous people named Hamza
- Hamza Rafindadi Zayyad, former head of the Technical Committee on Privatization and Commercialization
- Hamza Yusuf, at Yale University, 2016
- Hamza Yerlikaya, Turkish Graeco-Roman style wrestler
- Hamza Hamzaoğlu, Turkish football manager and former player
- Hamza Abdullah, former American football safety
- Hamza Shinwari, prominent Pashto-language poet
- Hamza El Din, Nubian Egyptian/Sudanese composer, oud player
- Hamza Mohammed, Ghanaian footballer
- Hamza Yacef, Algerian footballer
- Hamza Bencherif, professional footballer
- Hamza Hakimzade Niyazi, Uzbek author, composer, playwright, poet, scholar
- Hamza El-Gamal, retired Egyptian footballer
- Hamza bin Laden, son of Osama bin Laden
- Hamza Abbasi in Waar as Actor
- Hamza Jeetooa in Der Koch as Actor
- Hamzah Saman in The Human Centipede III (Final Sequence) as Actor
- Actor Hamza Ansari, notable for TV series Satrangi
Lists having Hamza
- Boys names beginning with H
- Girls names beginning with H
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Turkish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Lion
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Leaves
- Baby Names that mean Smart
- Baby Names that mean Steadfast
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Severe