Hamsa meaning and origin
Used dominantly in Arabic, Tamil, Malayalam, Hindi, Marathi, Telugu, Indian, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Sindhi and Oriya uncustomary, Hamsa means "Swan or Meaning Goddess Parvathy" is aimed at both sexes.
Variants of HamsaNames that rhyme with Hamsa
Popularity of Hamsa
Hamsa is an uncommon baby name in United States, its highest ever rank is 5027 (2005) in its 19 years run on United States naming chart. Over 169 babies in United States have been named Hamsa. In England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and achieved its top ranking of 1052 in 1997. Over 155 babies in England and Wales have been named Hamsa. But Hamsa is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 30000 have the name as well as in, Niger and Indonesia. At least, 80000 people globally have carried Hamsa as their given name according to our evaluation.
What numerology tells about Hamsa?
You don't like to be told what to do, nor boss around. You have a quick mind. You keep following your heart in order to avoid disappointment and solitude. You want to achieve great things in life but without much effort. People see you as their leader because of your attitude, determination, and creative thinking. You are an ambitious person, who's driven by success and high aspirations. You can easily get turned off by a person's reckless behavior or bad habits.
Do you like Hamsa? You would love these names
- Sabiha means Graceful, One who is Beautiful or Forenoon is used majorly in Kannada, Tamil and Turkish, a baby girl name is of Arabic origin
- Saimah - Girl name Saimah is rooted from Arabic mostly used in Sindhi and Arabic languages, meaning of Saimah is "Fasting"
- Garda - Queer girl name Garda means "Fencing, Guarded or Fence" and is chiefly used in Arabic and Frisian came from Old Norse
- Maryum - Unexpected Maryum is used mostly in Arabic and Sindhi, Maryum means "Mother of Isa" is generally given to girls
- Aayan - Unfamiliar and Fresh unisex name Aayan is used specifically in Arabic and Hindi, Aayan means "Speed or Bright"
Namesakes of Hamsa
- Hamsa Nandini in Eega as Actress
Lists having Hamsa
- Boys names beginning with H
- Girls names beginning with H
- Arabic Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Swan
- Baby Names that mean Goddess
- Baby Names that mean Parvathy