Adah name meaning
On This Page
What does Adah mean?
Lofty and All time favorite girl name Adah means "Adornment, Ornament, Ornamented or Decorated", largely used in Danish, Finnish, Kannada, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, Swedish, Bengali, Marathi, Malayalam, English, Oriya and Norwegian is of Germanic and Hebrew origin.
Adah is version of biblical, ceaseless and desirable Ada. Ada is variant form of Adiel. Also Ada is variant form of Names Containing the Name Element Adal. Ada is also version of timeless Agda.
Ada is short version of names with "nobility". Of Hebrew and German origin, Famed and All time favorite Ada, Ada means "Prosperous, Of Noble Beings and The Oldest Daughter".
Is Adah a suitable baby name?
Adah is indeed a suitable baby girl name as it is full of meaning and beauty. Its Hebrew origin means "adornment," which adds an extra layer of significance to the choice.
In addition, Adah is an elegant and unusual name that would stand out among the more common ones popular today. This makes it a great choice for parents who are looking for something special to give their daughter.
It is also a versatile enough name that it can adapt as she grows older, giving her options when she reaches adulthood. All in all, Adah is a beautiful and meaningful name worthy of consideration by any parent.
How do I pronounce Adah?
Two syllabled Adah is pronounced as a-dah.
Variants of Adah
Middle Names for Adah
Madelaine, Neas, Elle, Rhue, Severine, Marceline, view more middle names that goes with AdahNames that rhyme with Adah
How popular is the name Adah?
A common name in United States having over 3430 recievers in 121 years of usage. Currently peaked at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 277th spot and 107 baby girls were given the name.
Additionally, the given name has been in Adah is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 2005 and achieved its top ranking of 2499 in 2018.
But Adah is a popular baby name in Indonesia where every 1 in 20000 have the name as well as in Nigeria. As per our research, over 30000 people has been named Adah globally.
Numerological aspects of Adah
You have a quick mind. You respond to occurrences in an unusual, impulsive but also creative way. Working harder than required is what you are known for. You have the heart of a warrior. You prefer to follow your intuition rather than follow rules and suggestions. It intrigues you to know how the world started from scratch. People see you as their leader even if you never ask for it. When it comes to relationships, you hate monogamy and easily fall in and out of love.
Looking for names similar to Adah? Please go through the following names
- Erick means Honor or Powerful King or Alone-Ruler is used particulary in English, Danish and Norwegian used for both boys and girls is of Old Norse, Germanic and German origin. On baby boy names chart, outstanding Erick managed to reach 280 in year 2018 in United States
- Ina - Especially used in Tamil, Danish and Bengali eternal and frequently used, Ina means "Mother of the Rain, Regina or Lord Surya" which of African-Efik and German origin is a unisex name
- Christen means Belonging to Christ or A Christian used for both genders used largely in Finnish, English and English has its origin in Latin
- Kiera - Kiera's meaning is Black Man or The Black has origin in Celtic and Old Irish used for both sexes is used prevalently in Irish and English
- Gustave - Preeminent and Conifer Gustaves origin is Old Norse and German, Gustave means "Prosperity, Stick or Goth" used for boys is used in English and French
Sibling Names for Adah
Adah is a beautiful and meaningful name which has its origins in the Hebrew language. It has several sibling names that are equally stunning and have various meanings. Here's a list of some of them:
Names for Adah's sister
Brother to Adah
Famous people named Adah
- Adah Isaacs Menken, American actress, painter and poet
- Adah Sharma in Hasee Toh Phasee as Actress
Lists having Adah
- Biblical Girl Names
- Girl names beginning with A
- German Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Malayalam Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Ornament
- Baby Names that mean Ornamented
- Baby Names that mean Decorated