Harry name meaning
On This Page
What does Harry mean?
Customary and Evergreen unisex name Harry is of Old High German and Germanic origin, Harry means "Ruler of an Enclosure, Form of Harold, Henry, Army Ruler, Home, Homeland, Rich, Powerful or House" is especially used in Bengali, English, Gujarati, Danish, Kannada, Icelandic, Hindi, Faroese, Swedish, Norwegian, Tamil, Finnish, Telugu, Greenlandic, Oriya, Marathi and Malayalam.
Harry is variant of durable and prevailing Henri. Henri is form of timeless and renowned Henry. Henri is French cognate of Heinrich. Originated from Germanic and Finnish, Prevalent and Enduring Henri, Henri means "Homeland and Powerful".
Harry is shortened form of Harold. Harold is a variant of famous Harald. Harold is English and German cognate of Herold. Also Harold is equivalent of Harald in English language. Harold's meaning is Leader of an Army, Heroic Leader and Rule has its origin in Old High German and Germanic.
Harry is short version of Harald. Harald is Scandinavian cognate of Herold. Also Harald is form of Haraldr in Swedish and Danish languages. Noteworthy and Ever lasting Harald's origin is Old High German, Scandinavian and Germanic, meaning of Harald is "Army and Leader of the Army".
Harry is abridged form of Henry. Henry is English form of Heinrich. Meaning of Henry is Power and Rich came from English, Old High German and Germanic.. The name is celebrated on July 13th.
How do I pronounce Harry?
Two syllabled Harry is most commonly pronounced as hare-ee.
Variants of HarryNames that rhyme with Harry
How popular is the name Harry?
a very popular name in United States with over 423346 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Currently the name is rising, in 1889, the moniker grabbed the 8th spot and 9896 baby boys were given the name.
Moreover, the given name has been to the top 10 baby names 7 times Also, Harry was among the very popular names in England and Wales. Since emerging in 1996 around 125605 babies have been given the name.
When at the peak of its usage in 2011, it ranked 1st when 7523 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts.
In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 5 baby names 13 times Also, a popular name in Ireland with over 6260 new-borns have been given the name since 1965.
At present the moniker is on a rise, in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 6th spot and 510 baby boys were given the name. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 10 baby names 6 times
A common name in France with over 5168 new-borns have been given the name since 1907.
Presently peaking at the charts, it ranked 193rd when 124 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, A common name in Sweden with over 3505 new-borns have been given the name since 2008.
At present the name is rising, in 2016, 479 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 23rd position. Also, Harry is common in New South Wales where over 5998 new-borns have been given the name since 1992.
At present peaked at the charts, it ranked 15th when 305 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, A common name in Queensland with over 3364 new-borns have been given the name since 1992.
At present the name is rising, in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 25th spot and 197 baby boys were given the name. Also, A common name in Victoria with over 2735 new-borns have been given the name since 2008.
Currently the name is hotter than ever, it ranked 12nd when 267 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 12 times
Harry is a familiar baby name in Western Australia, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names.
Recently in 2019, 87 babies were given Harry and it reached its peak ranking, 30 on boy names chart. Harry is a unique baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names.
Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 265 on boy names chart when 44 babies were named Harry. Over 344 babies in Belgium have been named Harry.
Harry is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, even after 20 years of use, it could not make it big.
Over 107 people have been named Harry in Switzerland. Harry is a rare baby name in Northern Territory where it is still in use. And also in Western Australia. But Harry is a popular baby name in Germany where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, England, Indonesia, Canada, Malawi, Ghana, Philippines, South Africa, Australia, India, Madagascar, Zambia, Nigeria and Malaysia.
According to our evaluation, over 790000 babies have been named Harry globally.
Harry in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Harry
You have the ability to predict things before they happen thanks to your strong intuition. You like to insult people in order to awaken their motivation and practically ‘force' them to prove they can do something. If you want to change the world, start with yourself. You are an adventurer who follows his intuition. You want to achieve a great success and accomplish your dreams in order to prove yourself you can do it.
Do you like Harry? Read these names too
- Robert - Customary and All time favorite unisex name Robert means "Glorious Shining or An All-time Favorite Boys Name Since the Middle Ages" which is especially used in Old Norse and Danish has origin in Old High German and Germanic. In 2018, commonly accepted name Robert managed to bag 71st position among baby boy names in United States
- Mariah - Mariah's meaning is A Bitterly Wanted Child, God is My Teacher or Star of the Sea is used in Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish has its roots in Hebrew is bestowed upon both genders
- Angelica - Illustrous and Conifer Angelicas origin is Old Greek and Latin, meaning of Angelica is "Angel Like, Daughter of a Great Father or Sense", prevalently used in Telugu, Marathi and English is used as a gender insensitive name
- Anne - Principally used in French and Greenlandic unfading and celebrated, Anne means "God has Shown Favour or Eagle" and a unisex name has its origin in Hebrew
- Loretta - Loved and All time favorite unisex name Loretta means "Sweet Bay Tree, Bay or Too: Laurel Wreath" which is used primarily in Finnish and Danish is originated from Latin and Spanish languages
Sibling Names for Harry
If you've decided on the name Harry for your little one, you might be wondering what names would complement it perfectly for future siblings. Here's a list of names that pair well with Harry and will sound great together as siblings. From classic to modern monikers, there's something for every taste on this list.
Sister for Harry
Brother to Harry
Famous people named Harry
- Harry Harrison, has been a popular American radio personality
- Harry Johnston, British explorer
- Harry Domela, Latvian-born impostor
- Harry Willcock, British Liberal activist and the last person
- Harry Pollitt, British politician
- Harry Lauder, Scottish singer and comedian popular
- Harry Quelch, was one of the first Marxists in Great Britain
- Harry Bannink, Dutch composer, arranger and pianist
- Harry Williams, American composer, lyricist
- Harry Nixon, Canadian politician and briefly the 13th Premier of Ontario
- Harry Bensley, English rake and adventurer
- Harry Thomason, American film and television producer and director
- Harry Graham, English writer
- Harry Austryn Wolfson, scholar, philosopher
- Harry Furniss, artist and illustrator, born in Wexford, Ireland
- Harry Segall, American playwright
- Harry de Windt, aide-de-camp to his brother-in-law Charles Brooke
- Harry Quick, Australian politician
- Harry Hillman, Harry Livingston Hillman Jr
- Harry Pidgeon, American sailor, a noted photographer
- Harry Stojan, a Bulgarian writer
- Harry Fischel, American businessman and philanthropist based
- Harry Pratt Judson, U.S. educator and historian and the second president of the University of Chicago
- Harry Edwin Wood, English astronomer
- Harry Rankin, Vancouver lawyer and long term member of the Vancouver City Council
- Harry Dent, Harry S. Dent Jr
- Harry Tierney, successful American composer of musical theatre
- Harry Hooton, Australian poet and social commentator whose writing spanned the years 1930s–1961
- Harry Maione, New York mobster who served as a hitman for Murder
- Harry Reichenbach, US press agent and publicist
- Harry Enns, Manitoba politician
- Harry Miller, journalist, writer, photographer and naturalist
- Harry Schellenberg, politician in Manitoba, Canada
- Harry Heine, artist who specialized in maritime scenes
- Harry Golden, Jewish-American writer and newspaper publisher
- Harry Stack Sullivan, Having studied therapists Sigmund Freud
- Harry Revel, British-American composer of musical theatre
- Harry Ord, Sir Harry St
- Harry Callahan, twentieth century American photographer
- Harry Richman, American entertainer
- Harry Harapiak, politician in Manitoba, Canada
- Harry Kandel, American clarinetist and bandleader
- Harry Kroto, English chemist
- Harry Nyquist, Swedish-born American electronic engineer
- Harry Benjamin, German-American endocrinologist and sexologist
- Harry Hammond Hess, geologist and a United States Navy officer
- Harry Bateman, English mathematician
- Harry Franklin Vickers, American inventor and industrialist
- Harry Harlow, American psychologist best
- Harry Binswanger, American philosopher
- Harry Connick Jr., Joseph Harry Fowler Connick Jr
- Harry Secombe, Welsh comedian, actor and singer
- Harry Shearer, American actor, voice actor, comedian, writer
- Harry Enfield, English comedian, actor, writer, and director
- Harry R. Truman, resident of the U.S. state of Washington
- Harry Turtledove, American novelist, best known for his work
- Harry Houdini, Hungarian-born American illusionist and stunt performer
- Harry Mulisch, Dutch writer
Lists having Harry
- Boys names beginning with H
- Girls names beginning with H
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Har
- Popular Boy Names in United States (1957)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Northern Territory (2014)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Ruler
- Baby Names that mean Enclosure
- Baby Names that mean Army
- Baby Names that mean power
- Baby Names that mean Estate
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Home
- Baby Names that mean Homeland
- Baby Names that mean Rich
- Baby Names that mean Powerful
- Baby Names that mean House
- Baby Names that mean King