Dominick name meaning
On This Page
What does Dominick mean?
Well-Liked and Perennial unisex name Dominick is particulary used in English, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish and Swedish. It is rooted from Latin, Dominick means "Offered to the Lord". Dominick is form of prominent and biblical Dominic.
Dominic is variant form of Dominicus. Conifer and Preeminent Dominic's origin is Latin, Dominic means "Of the Lord Belonging to God, Form of Dominick and Belonging to the Lord". It is celebrated on August 8th.
How do I pronounce Dominick?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Dominick is d(o)-mini-ck. The other ways to say the name is dom(i)-nick.
Variants of Dominick
How popular is the name Dominick?
Dominick was a popular name in United States. Over 63292 babies have been named Dominick since 1881. At its zenith in 1914, it ranked 197th when 1779 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
However after 166 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names an astonishing 123 times Dominick is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 900.
Over 261 people have been named Dominick in England and Wales. Also, it is among the top 200 boy names in Ireland. There are over 293 babies that have been given the name Dominick in Ireland.
It had a short run of 5 years on France boy names chart.
But Dominick is a popular baby name in Tanzania where every 1 in 5000 have the name.
At least, 60000 people globally have carried Dominick as their given name according to our estimate.
Dominick in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Dominick
Once you lay your eyes on someone, that person is yours. To you, justice and honesty are the two most important things in life. Before taking any action or saying any word, you rethink it a thousand times. You can handle being on your own but you prefer to be surrounded by people you love and respect. Use your influence to make people do good and become the best versions of themselves. You don't even try to explain yourself, except to the people that matter.
Other names liked by would be moms that are similar to Dominick
- Jules - Renowned and Ceaseless Jules is originated from Latin, Jules means "Illustrious Roman Family or Dedicated to Jupiter", a gender-neutral name is largely used in Dutch, French and English
- Aina - Odd girl name Aina is majorly used in Arabic, Swedish and Norwegian. It is rooted from Finnish, African and Latin, meaning of Aina is "Always, Lightning or Forever"
- Léonina - Of Latin origin, Léonina means "Lion"
- Carine means Dear or Cute is predominantly used in Danish, Finnish and Swedish and is bestowed upon girls is originated from Italian and Latin
- Duran - Unusual Duran is used in Hindi and English, Duran means "Enduring or Firm" and commonly is used for boys came from Latin
Middle names for Dominick
These are some of the in vogue and loveable options for Dominick middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Dominick.
Sibling Names for Dominick
Choosing the right name for your baby can be a daunting task. If you've decided on "Dominick" but are struggling to find the perfect sibling name to go with it, look no further! Here are some great options to consider when naming your new bundle of joy's brother or sister.
For a sister
Brother for Dominick
Famous people named Dominick
- Dominick Arduin, Frenchwoman
- Dominick Argento, American composer
- Dominick Daly, Governor of Prince Edward Island from 11 July 1854 to 25 May 1859 and later Governor of South Australia
- Dominick Montiglio, former associate of the Gambino crime family
- Dominick Cirillo, high-ranking member of the Genovese crime family
- Dominick LoFaro, small-time gambler
- Dominick Pizzonia, hitman and loanshark
- Dominick Browne, 1st Baron Oranmore and Browne, Irish politician
- Dominick Cataldo, Sicilian-American soldier
- Dominick LaCapra, American-born historian of European intellectual history
- Dominick Napolitano, American Mafia caporegime
- Dominick Cerrone, Director of Culinary Arts at The French Culinary Institute
- Dominick Dunne, American writer, investigative journalist
- Dominick Fernow, American experimental musician
- Dominick Elwes, English portrait painter whose much publicized elopement with an heiress
- Dominick Browne, 4th Baron Oranmore and Browne, British peer and legislator
- Dominick Guinn, American professional boxer
- Dominick Joyce, former Irish cricketer
- Dominick McCaffrey, Irish-American boxer
- Dominick Trinchera, Bonanno crime family capo
- Dominick V. Daniels, American Democratic Party politician
- Dominick Labino, internationally known scientist, inventor
- Dominick Bellizzi, American jockey
- Dominick Tavella in The Wolf of Wall Street as Sound Department
- Dominick LaRuffa Jr. in When Harry Tries to Marry as Actor
- Dominick Mancino in Marco Polo as Actor
- Dominick Wright in Total Rewrite as Actor
- Dominick D'Ambrosia in Last Curtain Call as Actor
- Dominick Vicchiullo in Bottom Floor as Actor
- Dominick Brascia in Friday the 13th: A New Beginning as Actor
- Dominick Sivilli in The Big Bad as Cinematographer
- Dominick Mozee in School Dance as Actor
- Dominick Breuil is renowned for his acting in movie Time Demon
- In 2003 comedy, music flick, Goldirocks, Dominick Abrams portrayed Adler.
- Dominick Amico characterized the pivotal role of Duda in 2010 comedy flick Bronx Paradise.
Lists having Dominick
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Belonging
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Offered