Jhon meaning and origin
Pleasing and Perpetual Hebrew Jhon is a baby boy name, majorly used in Spanish, meaning of Jhon is "Yahweh is Gracious". Jhon is a derivation of John. John is short version of Johannes. John is equivalent of Johannes in English and German languages. John's meaning is Yahweh is Gracious and God has Been Gracious: has Shown Favor In the Bible John the Baptist Baptized Christ In the Jordan is rooted from Hebrew.
How is Jhon as a baby name? Jhon as an alternative of John is not so popular in the States. But that has established the name as unique name and kept it floating for the past 100 years. However, when one moves further down in American continent to Colombia, the popularity of the name becomes quite visible. And you can find many namesakes and stay confident with your choice of moniker.
Variants of Jhon
View middle names that goes with Jhon like Dwain, Clas, Oban, Aias,Names that rhyme with Jhon
Popularity of Jhon
Jhon is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1882 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 1882, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 943 on boy names chart when 65 babies were named Jhon. Over 2577 people have been named Jhon in United States. Jhon is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 29 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 117 babies in France have been named Jhon.
However things change on global perspective, Jhon is extremely popular in Colombia where every 1 in 200 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Philippines, Peru, Indonesia, Venezuela, DR Congo, Ecuador and Haiti. According to our research, at least 540000 people have been bestowed Jhon around the globe.
Jhon in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Jhon
You are a born artist even if you won't admit it. Your personal growth depends on your adventures. To have no 6 as your soul urge number means you are focused on inner healing. You are not stubborn but flexible and think outside the limits. You act responsibly when involving other people in your actions. Not being focused on building an impressive career doesn't mean you should stay uneducated and blind.
You would love these names similar to Jhon
- Alejo - Uncommon boy name Alejo has its origin in Old Greek used majorly in Spanish language, Alejo means "The Defender"
- Maita - Queer girl name Maita means "Bitterness and Lady" and is commonly used in Spanish is rooted from Aramaic language. Maita is derived from Martha.
- Matías Ezequiel - Boy name Matías Ezequiel is used mainly in Spanish, Matías Ezequiel means "Ezequiel or Matías" is originated from Spanish
- Adoración particulary is used in Spanish has origin in Spanish given to baby girls, meaning of Adoración is "Adoration"
- Basilisa - Unheard-of Basilisa particulary is used in Spanish has origin in Old Greek given to baby girls, meaning of Basilisa is "Kingly or Royal"
Namesakes of Jhon
- Jhon Frank Pinchao, Colombian policeman with the rank of subintendent
- Jhon Viáfara, Colombian midfielder who is currently unattached
- Jhon van Beukering, Dutch-born Indonesian naturalised retired professional footballer of Indo- descent
- Jhon Charría, Colombian football midfielder
- Jhoni Marchinko in Where There's a Will, There's No Way as Producer
- Jhon Doria in Dick Baby as Actor
- Jhonen Vasquez in Invader ZIM as Writer
- Jhon Mosquera John Edison Mosquera Rebolledo, is a professional Colombian player.
- Jhon Bolivar acted in TV series Perro amor