Johanna name meaning
On This Page
What does Johanna mean?
The popular and evergreen unisex name Johanna has its origin in Hebrew, Johanna means "God is Grace, God's Gracious Gift, Form of Joanne, Yahweh is Gracious, God is Merciful or God's Blessing" is mainly used in English, Dutch, Czech, Finnish, Danish, Scandinavian, Norwegian, Estonian, Old Norse, Hungarian, Swedish, African, German, Greenlandic, Tamil and Greek.
Johanna is variation of biblical and cherished Jeanne. Jeanne is French cognate of Johanna. Also Jeanne is equivalent of Jane in French and English languages. Jeanne is also English and French cognate of Jean.
Jeanne is also English, French and Dutch cognate of Jeanine. Prevailing and Ever lasting Jeanne has its origin in Hebrew, Jeanne means "Variant of Jane, Yahweh is Gracious and The Lord is Gracious".
Johanna is Latin and Greek cognate of Ιωαννης. The name is celebrated on May 8th or May 30th.
How do I pronounce Johanna?
Yo-HAHN-ah;Joe-HANN-ah is the most common way to pronounce one syllabled Johanna. The pronunciation choose to emphasis on second HAHN syllable. jo-hanna or joha(n)-na are the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of JohannaNames that rhyme with Johanna
How popular is the name Johanna?
a popular name in United States with over 51600 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Recently the name is rising, in 1883, the moniker grabbed the 179th spot and 918 baby girls were given the name.
Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 500 baby names an astounding 113 times Also, Johanna was a popular name in France. Over 26811 babies have been given the first name in 109 years.
At its zenith in 1993, 1459 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 53rd position. However after 109 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 18 times Also, Johanna was a popular name in Sweden. Over 3785 babies have been named Johanna since 1998.
When at the peak of its usage in 1998, 749 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 10th position. After 8 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Additionally, the name has been in the top 10 baby names 1 times
A common name in Ireland having over 1761 recievers in 56 years of usage. At present the name is rising, in 1964, the moniker grabbed the 44th spot and 146 baby girls were given the name.
Also, In Netherlands, Johanna was once a common name since emerging in 2015 it has been given to over 756 babies. At its zenith in 2019,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 5 years but it is still going strong.
Johanna is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2010, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 76 on girl names chart when 86 babies were given the name Johanna.
Over 1171 babies in Switzerland have been named Johanna. Also, in Finland, it had been in use since 1974 with last appearance in 1986. It was able to reach the top 100 names.
In 1977, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 4 on girl names chart when 54 babies were given the name Johanna. There are over 752 babies that have been given the name Johanna in Finland.
Johanna is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1997, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 585 on girl names chart when 44 babies were named Johanna.
There are over 566 babies that have been given the name Johanna in England and Wales. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names.
In 1995, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 254 on girl names chart when 41 babies were named Johanna. Over 613 babies in Belgium have been named Johanna.
However things change on global perspective, Johanna is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 600 have the name as well as in South Africa.
Also the baby name is popular in Austria, Ecuador, Venezuela, Colombia, Namibia, Chile, Dominican Republic, England, Philippines, Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Canada. At least, 760000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Johanna in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Johanna?
Sometimes you fear the stupidest things while other times you act fearless and surprise others, even yourself. If letter A is your capstone, then you are probably a man of your word. Find someone who will change how you see love. Your soul mate is somewhere out there. Open your eyes. When it comes to love you are incapable of expressing emotions. Take a break to recharge your batteries and keep track with your life.
Go through the following names similar to Johanna
- Zander - Well-Liked Zander came from Old Greek, meaning of Zander is "He Who Wards Off (Other) Men, Defender of Men or Defender of Mankind" used for both genders is used in Norwegian, Danish and Slavic
- Loisa - Girl name Loisa means "Healthy, Pleasant or Struggle" and is primarily used in English, Swedish and Danish is rooted from Hebrew, Old Greek and English languages
- Stefani - Of Old Greek origin, Customary Stefani is majorly used in Norwegian, Swedish and Italian, Stefani means "The Crowned or The Crowned" is aimed at girls
- Veronica - Prominent and Perennial unisex name Veronica is prevalently used in English and Portuguese, Veronica means "Faith or One who Brings Victory" is rooted from Old Greek
- Sébastiane - Originated from Greek, Sébastiane means "Honored"
Middle names for Johanna
These are the mushrooming and prevailing middle names that we love for the name Johanna.
View more middle names that goes with Johanna.
Famous people named Johanna
- Johanna Langefeld, German female guard and supervisor at three Nazi concentration camps: Lichtenburg
- Johanna Kirchner, German opponent of the Nazi régime
- Johanna Kinkel, German composer, writer, and revolutionary
- Johanna Bischitz von Heves, Hungarian philanthropist
- Johanna Klier, retired hurdler and Olympic gold medallist
- Johanna Senfter, German composer
- Johanna Allston, Australian orienteer
- Johanna Halkoaho, Finnish 100m hurdler and long jumper
- Johanna Loisinger, Austrian actress, pianist and soprano opera singer
- Johanna Piiroinen, Finnish actress
- Johanna Moore, computational linguist and cognitive scientist
- Johanna Müller-Hermann, Austrian composer and pedagogue
- Johanna Angermeyer, author of the critically acclaimed 'My Father's Island: A Galapagos Quest' and children's picture books
- Johanna Hagn, German judoka
- Johanna Klum, German television presenter and former singer
- Johanna Baer, is American former child actress
- Johanna Ey, art dealer in Germany during the 1920s
- Johanna Jachmann-Wagner, mezzo-soprano singer, tragédienne
- Johanna Wattier, 18th-century actress from the Northern Netherlands
- Johanna Veenstra, first missionary of the Christian Reformed Church to go to Nigeria
- Johanna Kedzierski, German sprinter who specializes in the 200 metres
- Johanna Budwig, German biochemist and author
- Johanna Schopenhauer, German author
- Johanna Spyri, Swiss-born author of novels
- Johanna Sinisalo, Finnish science fiction and fantasy writer
- Johanna Rosaly, Puerto Rican actress, singer, and television host
- Johanna Persson, former Swedish badminton player
- Johanna Fateman, American writer, songwriter, musician
- Johanna Quandt, business woman and the widow of German industrialist Herbert Quandt
- Johanna Lindsey,
- Johanna Peña Álvarez, professional female boxer
- Johanna van der Merwe, Voortrekker heroine
- Johanna Sjöberg, former international swimmer from Sweden
- Johanna Griggs, Australian television presenter and a former competitive swimmer
- Johanna Gadski, German soprano
- Johanna Hiedler, maternal grandmother of Adolf Hitler
- Johanna ter Steege, Dutch actress
- Johanna Billing, conceptual artist from Sweden
- Johanna Lüttge, retired East German athlete
- Johanna Wolf, was Adolf Hitler's chief secretary
- Johanna Goldsmith, American actress from Austin
- Johanna van Gogh-Bonger, Dutch editor and translator of the letters of the van Gogh brothers
- Johanna Lind, became 'Miss Sweden'
- Johanna von Puttkamer, Prussian noblewoman and the wife of the 1st Chancellor of Germany
- Johanna Sällström, Swedish actress
- Johanna Edwards, bestselling American novelist and award-winning entertainment journalist
- Johanna Karimäki, Finnish politician representing the Green League
- Johanna Larsson, Swedish professional tennis player
- Johanna Pigott, Australian musician
- Johanna Drucker, American author, book artist, visual theorist
- Johanna Nurmimaa, Finnish actress, voice actress and singer
Lists having Johanna
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- African Baby Names
- Czech Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Hungarian Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -hanna
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1969)
- Popular Girl Names in France (1998)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2009)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Grace
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Merciful
- Baby Names that mean Blessing