Alejo name meaning
On This Page
What does Alejo mean?
Infrequent boy name Alejo means "The Defender" and rooted from Old Greek is used in Spanish. Alejo is Spanish equivalent of Alejandro. Also Alejo is Spanish equivalent of Alexander. Also Alejo is Spanish equivalent of Alexis.
Could Alejo be an appropriate name for your new bundle of joy?
Alejo is a popular name for baby boys that originated from Spain. It has a strong and masculine sound to it, making it an appealing choice for parents who want to give their son a powerful and distinct name.
Alejo also has a unique meaning, which is "Man's defender." This adds a layer of significance to the name, as it implies that the bearer of this name will be someone who stands up for what is right and protects those around him.
In addition, Alejo has an exotic feel to it that sets it apart from more common names, making it ideal for parents who want their child to have a memorable and distinctive moniker.
How do I pronounce Alejo?
One syllabled Alejo is pronounced as ah-LAY-ho with emphasis on second LAY syllable. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., a-le-jo.
Variants of AlejoNames that rhyme with Alejo
How popular is the name Alejo?
Alejo is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 93 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 806 babies that have been given the name Alejo in United States.
But Alejo is a popular baby name in Mexico where every 1 in 7000 have the name as well as in Philippines. At least, 40000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Here's what numbers has to say about Alejo
You are a blessed person even if you don't know it yet. Your creativity allows you to express your emotions. The letter A as your cornerstone reveals your ability to lead people and get them to do the stuff you want them to do. You have no enemies. Everything you have, you acquired alone, thanks to your hard work and putting your best efforts into achieving your goals. Unfortunately, you are not a keeper because you don't know how to love a person.
Other names similar to Alejo
- Henrico came from Germanic language is a baby boy name notably used in Spanish, meaning of Henrico is "Powerful, Home and House Owner Lord of the Manor". Henrico is resulted from Henry.
- Solana - Rare girl name Solana has its origin in Spanish and is used mostly in Spanish language, meaning of Solana is "Sunshine"
- Calisto - Unexpected choice and Modernistic Old Greek Calisto means "Most Beautiful" and is used for boys is specifically used in Spanish
- Bastiano - Used particulary in Spanish, Bastiano is of Old Greek origin, Bastiano means "From Sebaste" is aimed at baby boys
- Marifé means María or Fe is originated from Spanish bestowed upon girls is used mainly in Spanish
Sibling Names for Alejo
Choosing a name for your baby is an exciting experience, but it can also be overwhelming. If you've decided on the name Alejo and are looking for sibling names that complement it, we've got you covered! Here's a list of names that pair well with Alejo, ranging from classic to modern and unique.
For a sister
For a brother
Famous people named Alejo
- Alejo Vidal-Quadras Roca, former Spanish Member of the European Parliament
- Alejo Durán, Colombian vallenato music traditional composer
- Alejo Fernández, Spanish painter best
- Alejo García Pintos, Argentine film and television actor
- Alejo Bay, Irish Mexican political leader
- Alejo Peyret, French-born Argentine writer, agronomist
- Alejo Lascano Bahamonde, Ecuadorian doctor-surgeon
- Alejo Carpentier, Cuban novelist, essayist
- Alejo Santos, Filipino soldier and World War II hero
- Alejo Mabanag, Filipino politician
- Alejo Flah in Séptimo as Writer
- Alejo Mo-Sun in Hirokin as Producer
- Alejo Felipe in Una casa con vista al mar as Actor
- Alejo Sauras in La habitación de Fermat as Actor
- Alejo Vega in Episode #1.7 as Actor
- Alejo del Carmen Guzmán, Argentine lawyer and politician, Rector of the Royal University of San Carlos and Our Lady of Monserrat, eighth Governor of Córdoba, constitutionally elected, Deputy and Senator of the Argentine Nation.
- In 1968, Alejo Álvarez characterized the role of N in drama, western film Tierra quemada.
Lists having Alejo
- Boy names beginning with A
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Greek Boy Names
- Spanish Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Ale
- Baby Names that mean Defender