Kristen name meaning
On This Page
What does Kristen mean?
Customary Latin Kristen is primarily used in Norwegian, Scandinavian, Danish, Swedish, Greenlandic, English and Finnish and is given to both boys and girls, meaning of Kristen is "Christian, Anointed or Disciple of the Christ".
Kristen is variant of darling and biblical Kirsten. Kirsten is variant form of ChristineChristina. Kirsten is Scandinavian, Low German and German form of Christine. Also Kirsten is Norwegian and Danish form of Kirstin.
Origin of Admired Kirsten is in Latin, meaning of Kirsten is "Variant Form of Christine and Disciple of the Christ". Kristen is a resultant of Christine. Christine is variation of loved and enduring Christina.
Christine is Greek form of Christiane. Origin of Customary Christine is in Latin, meaning of Christine is "Disciple of the Christ and Belonging to Christ". It is celebrated on July 24th.
How does Kristen sound as a baby name?
Kristen is a popular and timeless baby name that has been widely used for decades. This name possesses a unique blend of simplicity, elegance, and strength, making it an excellent choice for parents looking for a classic yet modern moniker for their little one.
Kristen's appeal lies in its versatility, as it can be spelled in various ways and paired with different middle names to create a personalized name. This name also has a lovely sound that rolls off the tongue easily, making it perfect for parents who want a simple yet beautiful name that is easy to pronounce and remember.
Additionally, Kristen has religious significance as it means "follower of Christ," which adds another layer of depth and meaning to this already captivating name.
How do I pronounce Kristen?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Kristen is k-ris-ten. kr(i)-sten is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of KristenNames that rhyme with Kristen
How popular is the name Kristen?
Kristen was a very popular name in United States. Over 219902 babies have been named Kristen since 1938. When at the peak of its usage in 1982, the moniker grabbed the 33rd spot and 9535 baby girls were given the name.
However after 153 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 13 times Kristen used to be a common name in New South Wales, first appeared in 1975 and over 749 babies have been given the name in 8 years.
When at its peak in 1982,. After 8 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Kristen is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 700 names.
In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 608 on girl names chart when 40 babies were named Kristen. There are over 579 babies that have been given the name Kristen in England and Wales.
Also, in France, it has been in use since 1972 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1976, it ranked 1051st when 29 boys were named Kristen. Over 878 babies in France have been named Kristen.
Also, during its short run of just 4 years in Queensland, it had made it to the top 100 names. In 1982, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 87 on girl names chart when 46 babies were named Kristen.
Over 164 babies in Queensland have been named Kristen.
Kristen is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 1980 and achieved its top ranking of 339 in 1993.
But Kristen is a popular baby name in Canada where every 1 in 3000 have the name. At least, 260000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Kristen in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Kristen?
Letter N as your capstone represents your sixth sense and strong intuition. You want to inspire people to do more in life and thrive to accomplish more. You prefer to enjoy solitude because it's when your creativity strikes in. Stop being so kind and show people their place in your life. You prefer your solitude over socializing but keep in touch with people so you teach them what you know. You are a natural leader who's respected by people.
Other names similar to Kristen
- Milian means Very Great or Greatest is used as a gender insensitive name which is dominantly used in Finnish and Danish is rooted from Latin
- Yoselin - Originated from Old French, Cherished Yoselin means "Gaut" principally used in Latin and English is a girl name
- Rens - Popular boy name Rens has origin in Latin, particulary used in Dutch language, meaning of Rens is "Laurel"
- Atickus means From Attica and From Athens is a boy name is of Latin origin. Atickus is derived from Atticus.
- Leicester - Boy name Leicester means "The Words Ligora or From Leicester" has its roots in Old English and Latin languages is prevalently used in English
Middle names for Kristen
These are the mainstream and cute middle names that we love for the name Kristen.
View more middle names that goes with Kristen.
Famous people named Kristen
- Kristen Britain, American author
- Kristen Rohlfs, professor for astrophysics
- Kristen Henderson, founding member
- Kristen Fløgstad, former Norwegian athlete from Søgne in Vest-Agder
- Kristen den Hartog, Canadian fiction and memoir writer
- Kristen Taunton, former field hockey forward from Canada
- Kristen Vadgaard, Danish gymnast
- Kristen Monroe, American political scientist
- Kristen Roth, American pair skater
- Kristen Nygaard, Norwegian computer scientist
- Kristen Alderson, American actress and occasional singer, best
- Kristen Pfaff, American musician
- Kristen Bell, American actress
- Kristen Johnston, American actress
- Kristen Miller, American actress
- Kristen Skjeldal, Olympic champion and cross country skier
- stage name of a British director and producer of gay pornographic films and a former gay porn film actor
- Kristen Silverberg, United States Ambassador to the European Union
- former nurse and an American serial killer
- Kristen Stewart, American actress, model and director
- Kristen Viikmäe, retired Estonian footballer
- Kristen Wiig, American actress, comedian, writer, and producer
- Kristen Hall, American folk rock singer-songwriter and a founding member of the country music group Sugarland
- Kristen Maloney, retired gymnast
- Kristen Cloke, American actress
- Kristen Mann, American professional basketball player
- Kristen Thomson, Canadian actress and playwright
- Kristen Cox, American politician, speaker and author
- Kristen Wilson, American actress
- Kristen Pazik, American model of Polish descent
- Kristen Meadows, actress
- Kristen Schaal, American actress, voice actress, comedian
- Kristen Hughes, Australian netball player
- Kristen McMenamy, American model
- Kristen Johnson, award-winning escape artist
- Kristen Vigard, American actress and singer
- Kristen Nygaard, Danish former footballer
- Kristen Caverly, American former competitive swimmer and model
Lists having Kristen
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with K
- Girls names beginning with K
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Kris
- Boy names that ends with -ten
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1997)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1990)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1989)
- Baby Names that mean Follower
- Baby Names that mean Christ
- Baby Names that mean Anointed
- Baby Names that mean Christian
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Disciple