Christine name meaning
On This Page
What does Christine mean?
Majorly used in Danish, Greenlandic, Greek, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, English, French, Tamil, German and Icelandic long standing and celebrated, Christine has origin in Latin, meaning of Christine is "Follower of Christ, Beautiful Christian, Disciple of the Christ or The Anointed One" is used for both genders.
Christine is version of biblical and lofty Christina. Christina is variant form of perpetual, eminent and biblical Christiana. Christina is derivation of Christine. Christina is effeminate form of Christian. Christina is equivalent of Christiane in Greek language.
Christina's meaning is Christian Woman, Disciple of Christ and Disciple of the Christ is originated from Latin. The name is celebrated on July 24th.
Could Christine be an appropriate name for your new bundle of joy?
Christine is a popular baby girl name that has been in use for many decades. It has a Latin origin and means 'Follower of Christ'.
The name is often associated with individuals who are religious, spiritual, and compassionate. One of the unique features of the name Christine is its ability to adapt to different cultures and languages.
It is a versatile name that can be pronounced in various ways, making it an excellent choice for parents looking for a classic and timeless name for their baby girl.
How do I pronounce Christine?
Two syllabled Christine is most commonly pronounced as cris-TEEN. ch-risti-ne or chr(is)-tine are the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Christine
Nicknames for Christine
If you are looking for a nickname for a baby named Christine, There are plenty of choices
How popular is the name Christine?
Christine was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 586873 babies have been named Christine since 1880. At the peak of its usage in 1967, it ranked 14th when 17542 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 229 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 42 times Also, an extremely popular name in France with over 280596 new-borns have been given the name since 1900.
When at the peak of its usage in 1960, 16119 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 3rd position. Additionally, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 5 times Also, Christine was a popular name in New South Wales.
Over 15084 babies have been given the first name in 40 years. When at its peak in 1952, it ranked 1st when 1346 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
After 40 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 5 baby names 5 times
Christine is common in Ireland where over 3359 new-borns have been given the name since 1964.
At its zenith in 1989, it ranked 52nd when 137 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, In Denmark, Christine was once a common name since emerging in 1993 it has been given to over 1414 babies.
When at the peak of its usage in 1993,. After 6 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 6 times Also, Christine was a common name in Queensland.
Over 4185 babies have been named Christine since 1960. At the peak of its usage in 1961,. After 32 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Christine was a common name in Western Australia.
Over 2182 babies have been named Christine since 1949. At its zenith in 1954,. After 15 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 5 baby names 6 times
Christine is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names.
In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 361 on girl names chart when 93 babies were given the name Christine. Over 1143 babies in England and Wales have been named Christine.
In Belgium, Christine is a unique name where it has been in use since 1995 and has secured the place in top 400 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 368 on girl names chart when 27 babies were named Christine.
Over 157 babies in Belgium have been named Christine.
However things change on global perspective, Christine is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in, DR Congo, Uganda, England, Kenya, Philippines and Austria.
Also the baby name is popular in Rwanda, Canada, Cameroon, Egypt, Australia, Switzerland, Zambia, Burundi, Benin, Congo, Chad, Sudan, Scotland, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Madagascar, New Zealand, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Wales, Burkina Faso, South Sudan, Ghana, Netherlands, Indonesia, Mozambique, Togo, Haiti, Ethiopia, Ivory Coast, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Brazil, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Norway, Mali and Italy.
As per our findings, over 4350000 people has been named Christine globally.
Christine in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Christine?
You are a risk taker because you know that in order to get something, you need to give something in return. If 1 is your personality number, you have a positive vibe and an impressive appearance. When it comes to your job, you are always the one with a new idea to present. You are an attractive person with an impressive character and formed life values. You are a good listener, and always give the best advice, especially when it comes to relationships.
Other names liked by would be parents that are similar to Christine
- Sisto - Unorthodox Sistos origin is Latin and Old Greek is used in Italian used as a baby boy name, meaning of Sisto is "Fine, Xystos or Smooth"
- Adoloratta - Used specifically in Italian, Adoloratta is rooted from Latin, Adoloratta means "Pain"
- Giuliano - Dominantly used in Italian unusual, Giuliano means "Illustrious Roman Family or Julia" has its roots in Latin is used as a baby boy name
- Maryon - Chiefly used in Finnish and Danish far-out, Maryon means "Princess of the Sea or Bitter" and is aimed at both boys and girls is originated from Hebrew and Latin
- Emelye - New-fangled and Anomalous Emelye is used notably in English is a baby girl name has its roots in Latin, Emelye means "From the Latin Aemilia"
Middle names for Christine
Just in case, you don't know what to pair with Christine, we've got you covered with these familiar and loveable middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Christine.
Sibling Names for Christine
Are you looking for the perfect sibling names to go with the beautiful name Christine? Look no further! We have compiled a list of names that complement and harmonize with Christine, making them perfect options for your new bundle of joy.
Sister to Christine
Brother for Christine
Famous people named Christine
- Christine Boutin, French former politician leading the small French Christian Democratic Party
- Christine Nordhagen, Canadian former wrestler
- Christine Brooke-Rose, British writer and literary critic
- Christine Nöstlinger, Austrian writer best known for children's books
- Christine Busta, Austrian poet
- Christine Sadler, American
- Christine de Veyrac, French politician and Member of the European Parliament for the south-west of France
- Christine Pullein-Thompson,
- Christine Hocq, athlete from France, who competes in triathlon
- Christine Pountney, Canadian author
- Christine Ockrent, Belgian journalist whose career has principally centered on French television
- Christine Wetherill Stevenson, heiress of the Pittsburgh Paint Company
- Christine Yoshikawa, Canadian American classical pianist
- Christine Mayr-Lumetzberger, teacher and former Benedictine nun
- Christine Demeter, was murdered in the garage of her home
- Christine Maggiore, HIV-positive activist and promoter of AIDS denialism
- Christine and Léa Papin, were two French sisters, live-in maids,
- Christine Arnothy, Budapest-born French writer
- Christine Arthur, played field hockey for New Zealand
- Christine Quinn, American politician
- Christine Angot, French writer, and novelist
- Christine Harris, Australian actress and producer
- Christine of Hesse, was Duchess consort of Holstein-Gottorp as the spouse of Duke Adolf of Holstein-Gottorp
- Christine Keshen, Canadian curler from Invermere, British Columbia)
- Christine Wachtel, German track and field athlete
- Christine Stix-Hackl, Austrian jurist
- Christine Sefolosha, Swiss painter, born in Montreux
- Christine Beasley, British nurse and NHS healthcare administrator
- Christine Amor, Australian actress of stage, television and film
- Christine Daure-Serfaty, French human rights activist and writer
- Christine Croshaw, British pianist and a professor at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
- Christine Egerszegi, Swiss politician
- Christine Talbot, British television journalist and presenter currently working for ITV Yorkshire as a main presenter for its flagship news programme 'ITV News Calendar'
- Christine Campbell Thomson, British horror fiction author best
- Christine Willes, Canadian television
- Christine Hancock, General Secretary of the Royal College of Nursing
- Christine Schäfer, German soprano
- Christine Edzard, film director, writer, and costume designer
- Christine Quinn-Brintnall, American jurist
- Christine Doerner, Luxembourgish politician, advocate, and notary
- Christine Pedi, American television and theatre actress
- Christine Niederberger Betton, French archaeologist
- Christine Ostermayer, Austrian actress
- Christine Panushka, independent filmmaker, freelance animator
- Christine M. Jolls, Gordon Bradford Tweedy Professor of Law and Organization at Yale Law School
- Christine Howser, author from Indiana, United States
- Christine Platt, president of the Commonwealth Association of Planners
- Christine Korsgaard, American philosopher and Arthur Kingsley Porter Professor of Philosophy at Harvard University whose main scholarly interests are in moral philosophy and its history; the relation of issues in moral philosophy to issues
- Christine L. Borgman, is Distinguished Professor and Presidential Chair
- Christine Ladd-Franklin, American psychologist, logician, and mathematician
- Christine Lavin, New York City-based singer-songwriter and promoter of contemporary folk music
- Christine de Pizan, Italian and French author
- Christine McVie, English singer, songwriter and keyboardist
Lists having Christine
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Boy names that starts with Chris
- Girl names that starts with Chris
- Girl names that ends with -tine
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1993)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1992)
- Popular Girl Names in France (1983)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1992)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1993)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (1963)
- Baby Names that mean Follower
- Baby Names that mean Christ
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Christian
- Baby Names that mean Faith
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Disciple
- Baby Names that mean Belonging
- Baby Names that mean Anointed
- Baby Names that mean One