Christen name meaning
What does Christen mean?
The prevalent unisex name Christen is mainly used in English, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish has its origin in Latin, Christen means "A Christian, Disciple of Christ, Belonging to Christ or The Anointed One". Christen is a variant form of biblical and popular Kirsten. Kirsten is a variant form of ChristineChristina. Kirsten is German and Low German cognate of Christine. Also Kirsten is Norwegian and Danish cognate of Kirstin. Originated from Latin, Famous Kirsten, Kirsten means "Follower of Christ, Disciple of the Christ and Disciple of Christ". Christen is shortened form of Christian. Christian is version of Christianus. Christian's meaning is Disciple of Christ, Christian Woman and Belonging to Christ came from Latin and Greek.
What's Christen like for a baby name?
Christen is a popular and timeless baby name that has been used for both boys and girls. Its speciality lies in its meaning, which conveys a powerful message of faith and devotion to Jesus Christ. As a name, Christen has a gentle and uplifting quality that inspires love, compassion, and kindness in those who bear it. Whether you choose this name for its religious significance or simply because of its unique sound and charm, Christen is sure to leave a lasting impression on anyone who hears it.
How do I pronounce Christen?
Two syllabled Christen is most commonly pronounced as ch-ris-ten. chr(i)-sten is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of Christen
Chresten, Kirsten, Christine, Kirstin, Christann, Kristen, Karstine, Christena, Christian, Christianus, Chrestian, Christo, Chrisline, Christé, ChristiandanielNames that rhyme with Christen
How popular is the name Christen?
Christen is a popular name in United States given to over 13523 babies in 172 years. At its zenith in 1982, the moniker grabbed the 405th spot and 569 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 7 times Christen is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales there is very thin chances of it still being given. It had a short run of 7 years on France girl names chart.
Christen is a common name in Egypt and Denmark while somewhat familiar name in Philippines, Canada, Norway, Nigeria, Israel, Malawi, Gabon and Uganda. At least, 10000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Christen in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Christen?
Having number 6 as your expression number says you are responsible and trustworthy. If letter C is your cornerstone, you have a highly developed intuition. You are a risk taker because you know that in order to get something, you need to give something in return. You are always in the center of attention because of the unusual lifestyle you lead and life decisions that seem too dangerous to some but inspiring to others.
If you like Christen, you would love these names
- Savina - The infrequent girl name Savina is used mainly in Russian, Italian and Tamil, meaning of Savina is "Of the Tribe of the Sabines or Inhabitants of Sabine" is originated from Latin
- Curt - Renowned and Perpetual Curt is originated from English and Germanic bestowed upon boys, Curt means "Form of Curtis or Audacious or Council" is chiefly used in Danish and Swedish
- Lory - Unconventional unisex name Lory means "Laurel" and is particulary used in Norwegian and English is of Old French and Latin origin
- Lan - Meaning of Lan is Orchid or Tribe near the Black Sea is dominantly used in Breton, Mandarin and Kanji symbol and is bestowed upon both boys and girls came from Old English, French and Latin
- Karena - Particulary used in Swedish and Finnish unusual, Karena means "Precious Jewel, Dear One and Expensive" and is bestowed upon girls has origin in Latin and Old Greek. Karena is abridged form of Cara.
Middle names for Christen
Just in case, you don't know what to pair with Christen, we've got you covered with these rising and familiar middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Christen.
Sibling Names for Christen
Christen is a beautiful name that can be used for both boys and girls. If you're expecting a new addition to your family and thinking about naming your child Christen, then you might be interested in some sibling names that would complement this lovely name. Here are some suggestions to consider.
Names for Christen's sister
Brother to Christen
Famous people named Christen
- Christen Andreas Fonnesbech, Danish politician
- Christen Berg, Danish liberal politician and editor
- Christen Christensen, Norwegian shipyard and ship-owner
- Christen Aagaard, Danish poet
- Christen Wiese, Norwegian sailor
- Christen Sveaas, Norwegian businessman, investor
- Christen Sørensen Longomontanus, Danish astronomer
- Christen C. Raunkiær, Danish botanist
- Christen Købke, Danish painter and one of the best known artists belonging to the Golden Age of Danish Painting
- Christen Dalsgaard, Danish painter
- Christen Nielsen Holberg, officer in the Norwegian Army
- Christen Keogh in No Sunlight as Actress
- Christen Alqueza in Just Yell Fire: Campus Life as
- Christen Friis Rottbøll Christen Friis RottbÃ¸ll was a naturalist, doctor, teacher, botanist, explorer dané s.
- Christen Cornell acted in tvMovie More Winners: The Journey
Lists having Christen
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Christian
- Baby Names that mean Follower
- Baby Names that mean Christ
- Baby Names that mean Anointed
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Disciple
- Baby Names that mean Belonging
- Baby Names that mean One