Laurance name meaning
On This Page
What does Laurance mean?
Laurance means Laurel is a unisex name has its roots in Latin is used in English. Laurance is variant of perpetual and sacred Laurence. Laurence is variant form of frequently used Laurent.
Laurence is French cognate of Laurentia. Also Laurence is French form of Laurentia. Laurence is also English equivalent of Laurent. Meaning of Laurence is Laurel and Form of Lawrence has its origin in Latin.
Laurance is variant spelling of Lawrence. Lawrence is variation of LaurentLaurence. Meaning of Lawrence is Laurel and Form of Lawrence is rooted from Latin.
How do I pronounce Laurance?
The most common pronunciation of three syllabled Laurance is la(u)-ran-ce. laur(a)-nce is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of Laurance
How popular is the name Laurance?
Laurance is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1885 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1885, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 765 on boy names chart when 47 babies were named Laurance.
There are over 1938 babies that have been given the name Laurance in United States. Laurance is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it is still in use.
Laurance is a rare baby name in Ireland, chances of it being still in use are very slim. And also in France. Laurance is a common name in DR Congo while somewhat familiar name in England, Uganda, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya and Cameroon.
At least, 6000 people globally have carried Laurance as their given name according to our evaluation.
Numerological analysis of Laurance
You are a person of many talents. You like people too but prefer your solitude. You always doubt yourself and your abilities. Learn your value. It takes a long time for someone to gain a special place in your heart. If number 1 is your soul urge no, it means you should be more independent. You love people with an attitude but open to discussion and hearing new opinions. Playing with words and using metaphors to confuse people is your specialty.
Other names similar to Laurance, for would be moms
- Tullia - Tullia's meaning is Peaceful Silence is originated from Latin and Sanskrit which is used especially in Irish, Finnish and Swedish is aimed at girls
- Lucillien is originated from Latin, Lucillien means "Light"
- Clarina - The uncommon girl name Clarina is rooted from Latin majorly used in German and English languages, Clarina means "Bright or Clear"
- Amabella - Amabella's meaning is Gracious used for baby girls that of Latin origin is especially used in French
- Akilina - Used chiefly in Russian and Finnish neoteric, Akilina is originated from Latin is aimed at girls. Akilina is form of Aquilina in Russian and Latin languages
Middle names for Laurance
Below are familiar and attractive middle names we think go particularly well with Laurance:
View more middle names that goes with Laurance.
Famous people named Laurance
- Laurance M. Hyde, chief justice of the Missouri Supreme Court
- Laurance Rudic, British theatre artist best
- Laurance Reed, former British Conservative Party politician and political writer
- Laurance L. Cross, Presbyterian minister and Mayor of Berkeley
- Laurance Safford, U.S. Navy cryptologist
- Laurance Rockefeller, American philanthropist, businessman, financier
- Laurance Doyle, American scientist who received his Ph
- Laurance Labadie, American individualist anarchist and author
Lists having Laurance
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Lau
- Baby Names that mean Laurel