Monique name meaning
On This Page
What does Monique mean?
Noteworthy Monique largely is used in Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish, French and Danish, meaning of Monique is "Hermit, Monk, Advise, Warn, Single, Unique or Recluse". Its origin is in Greek, Old Greek and Latin is used as a gender insensitive name .
Monique is a version of evergreen, biblical and predominant Monica. Monica is a version of MoniqueMonique. Prevalent Latin, Old Greek and Greek Monica, meaning of Monica is "Recluse and Adviser". Also Monique is equivalent of Monika in French language.
The name is celebrated on August 27th.
How do I pronounce Monique?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Monique as moh-neek. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., m(o)-ni-que.
Variants of Monique
How popular is the name Monique?
a popular name in United States with over 78802 new-borns have been given the name since 1909. Presently the name is rising, in 1980, 3162 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 93rd position.
Additionally, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 1 times Also, an extremely popular name in France having over 400251 recievers in 171 years of usage. Presently the name is rising, in 1935, 16889 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 2nd position.
Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 22 times
A common name in England and Wales with over 1091 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
At present the moniker is on a rise, in 1997, 126 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 288th position. Also, Monique was a common name in New South Wales.
Over 2542 babies have been named Monique since 1975. At the peak of its usage in 1995,. After 22 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
In Queensland, Monique is a familiar name where it had been in use since for 19 from 1986 to 2004 and had secured the place in top 100 names.
In 1995, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 50 on girl names chart when 83 babies were given the name Monique. Over 1121 babies in Queensland have been named Monique.
The given name is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, its highest ever rank is 307 (1970) in its 11 years run on Ireland naming chart.
However things change on global perspective, Monique is extremely popular in DR Congo where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in Netherlands.
Also the baby name is popular in Belgium, Brazil, Cameroon, Canada, Burundi, Switzerland, Rwanda, Benin, Madagascar, South Africa, Haiti, Burkina Faso, Guinea, Germany, Chad, Australia, Ethiopia, Togo, Ivory Coast and Luxembourg.
As per our evaluation, over 1360000 babies have been bestowed Monique around the globe.
Monique in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Monique
To you, if something works out, fine. If it doesn't, fine again. To have dreams you want to accomplish means having a reason to wake up in the morning. You never go anywhere or do anything without a plan, or two. You are passionate but shy to make the first step. You wish everyone were just like you but they can't. You believe that your body is a temple that needs to be taken good care of. And so does the soul.
Do you like Monique? Read these names too
- Priscila - Widely Accepted girl name Priscila means "The Ancient", commonly used in Finnish and Spanish has origin in Latin
- Leonas is used commonly in Lithuanian is originated from Latin, Leonas means "The Lion" is a boy name
- Nevada - Of English and Latin origin, Cherished and Conifer Nevada means "A Western Usa State or Snow-clad" used in Marathi and Hindi is a unisex name
- Julianka largely is used in Hungarian and Slavic is of Latin origin, meaning of Julianka is "Youthful, Julia and Jove's Child" is given to baby girls. Julianka is abridged form of Juliana.
- Spiros - Unexpected Spiros prevalently is used in Greek is rooted from Old Greek and Latin bestowed upon boys, meaning of Spiros is "Spirit"
Famous people named Monique
- Monique Vézina, former Canadian politician
- Monique Haas, French pianist
- Monique Buzzarté, composer, trombonist, and activist
- Monique Martinot,
- Monique Prud'homme, former Canadian handball player
- Monique Riekewald, German skeleton racer who has competed since 1997
- Monique Gagnon-Tremblay, politician in Quebec, Canada
- Monique Kavelaars, Canadian fencer
- Monique Vinh Thuy, widow of the last Emperor of Vietnam, Bảo Đại
- Monique Henderson, American track and field athlete
- Monique Smith, former politician in Ontario, Canada
- Monique Bégin, Canadian academic and former politician
- Monique Mercure, Canadian stage and screen actress
- Monique Wittig, French author and feminist theorist who wrote about overcoming socially enforced gender roles and
- Monique Landry, Canadian former politician
- Monique Noel, glamour model and actress
- Monique Richard, Quebec politician
- Monique Hennagan, American athlete
- Monique Guay, Quebec politician
- Monique Truong, Vietnamese American writer living in Brooklyn
- Monique Miller, French Canadian actress
- Monique van de Ven, Dutch actress and director
- Monique Coleman, American actress, dancer, singer, entrepreneur
- Monique Leyrac, Canadian singer and actress from Quebec
- Monique Currie, American basketball player for the Washington Mystics of the Women's National Basketball Association
- Monique Olsen, Brazilian fashion model and MTV Brazil VJ.
- Monique Gabrielle, American model and actress
- Monique Lhuillier, Filipino-American fashion designer and creative director
- Monique D. Davis, American educator and Democratic member of the Illinois House of Representatives
- Monique Javer, American-born former professional tennis player
- Monique Wright, Australian journalist and television presenter
- Monique Ferreira, freestyle swimmer from Brazil
- Monique Garbrecht-Enfeldt, speed skater
- Monique Roy Verville, politician from Quebec, Canada
- Monique Knol, former racing cyclist from the Netherlands,
- Monique Jérôme-Forget, psychologist and a former Quebec politician
- Monique Tardif, Progressive Conservative member of the House of Commons of Canada
- Monique Hennessy in Le doulos as Actress
- Monique Lola Berkley in Army of One as Actress
- Monique Marissa Lukens in The Demo Crew as Actress
- Monique Alvarez in SuperWannabeHeroes as Actress
- Monique Dartonne in Incendies as Editor
- Monique Marie Gelineau in Chaos as Actress
- Monique Evans in O Escorpião Escarlate as Actress
- Monique Strong in The Wolves of Savin Hill as Producer
- Monique La Belle in Eiskalte Engel as Actress
- Monique Arthur portrayed the key character of Jessica Barine in 1951 drama movie Les mains sales.
- In 1993, Monique Bastien portrayed the role of N in documentary flick Pellan.
- In 1990 thriller movie, A Touch of Murder, Monique Cantin played Julia.
- In 1933 comedy flick, Le gros lot, Monique Casty characterized N.
- Monique Chailler, from 1949 drama film Le gros Bill, who played the La bru.
- In 1984, Monique Chaumette characterized the role of Catherine de Médicis in history flick Une rébellion à Romans.
- In 1924, Monique Chrysès portrayed the role of Mme Belmont In movie L'enfant des halles.
- In 1975, Monique Dodd played the role of Mme Dubois in film Les tringleuses.
- In 1972, Monique Foskolos portrayed the role of N In movie Los farsantes del amor.
- In 1971 drama movie, Jupiter, Monique Giraudy characterized L'odalisque.
- In 1961 comedy film, Pugni, pupe e marinai, Monique Just played Stella Martini.
- In 1975, Monique Lafond played the role of Elza in drama and horror movie Enigma para Demônios.
- Monique Maufras, from 1980 film Le rôle effacé de Marie, who played Odile.
- Monique Mélinand portrayed the vital character of Mademoiselle Guérande in 1949 drama, romance film Au royaume des cieux.
- Monique Orban characterized the central role of Berta - la castellana in 1949 drama flick Guglielmo Tell.
- In 1934 music film, Le barbier de Séville, Monique Rolland characterized Chérubin.
- In 1987, Monique Rosier portrayed the role of Daniëlle Kooiman in comedy film Nitwits.
- In 1968 comedy movie, Les contrebandières, Monique Thiriet played Francesca.
- Monique van Vooren portrayed significant role of Lyra, the She-Devil in 1953 action, adventure film Tarzan and the She-Devil.
- In 1993 drama film, Kapag iginuhit ang hatol ng puso, Monique Wilson played N.
- In 2001, Monique Deville characterized the role of Lara in romance flick Circles.
- In 2007, Monique van der Werff characterized the role of Renske Eemhof in action and comedy flick Honeyz.
- In 1969, Monique Barbillat played the role of Mouna in drama film Ciné-girl.
- In 1986, Monique Castillo played the role of N in action, comedy film Praybet depektib akademi.
- Monique Cooper characterized the role of N in action, thriller movie 1,3,2.
- In 2010, Monique Le Negaret portrayed the role of Chantal in comedy movie Entre nous deux.
- In 2016 adventure and comedy flick, Sex, Blood and Fairy Tales, Monique Dupree played Meriya.
- In 2016, Monique Cash played the role of Gold lizard in musical movie One Night for One Drop Imagined by Cirque Du Soleil.
Lists having Monique
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -nique
- Boy names that starts with Mon
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1980)
- Popular Girl Names in France (1970)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2005)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2004)
- Baby Names that mean Warn
- Baby Names that mean Unique