Leya name meaning
What does Leya mean?
Unusual Leya especially is used in Finnish, Danish, Swedish, English, French and Norwegian, meaning of Leya is "Leah" and a girl name is originated from Spanish and Hebrew. Leya is English equivalent of Leah.
How do I pronounce Leya?
LAY-yeh is the most common way to pronounce one syllabled Leya. There should be emphasis on first LAY syllable while speaking. Some people pronounce it as le-ya.
Variants of Leya
How popular is the name Leya?
Leya is a common name in France given to over 1315 babies in 24 years. Currently peaking at the charts, 132 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 433rd position. Leya is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1968 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. Recently in 2016, it ranked 2712nd when 63 girl were named Leya. Over 1183 babies in United States have been named Leya.
In Switzerland, Leya is a unique name where it has been in use since 1998 and has secured the place in top 200 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 178 on girl names chart when 45 babies were named Leya. There are over 223 babies that have been given the name Leya in Switzerland. Leya is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 331 babies that have been given the name Leya in England and Wales. It also recently appeared in Belgium baby girl names chart.
But Leya is a popular baby name in DR Congo where every 1 in 9000 have the name as well as in Zambia. At least, 20000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Leya in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Leya
Learn how to separate reality from illusion. Widen your perspective and become more aware of your own existence. Work on your personal progress. You learn from your mistakes faster than others. Staying true to yourself and realizing your promises is what gives you credibility. Having vowel E as your first one in your name represents your sensitivity. You want to achieve great things in life but without much effort.
If you like Leya, you would love these names
- Davina - Cherished Davina mainly is used in Danish, Scottish and Faroese aimed at girls has its origin in Hebrew, meaning of Davina is "Friend, Loved One or Deer"
- Elscha is form of Else in Frisian language
- Levy - Pleasing and Enduring Hungarian and Hebrew Levy is specifically used in Swedish, Finnish and Hungarian and is bestowed upon both genders, meaning of Levy is "Reclusive"
- Mickaëla means Who is Like God is originated from Hebrew
- Iérémie - The Iérémie is originated from Hebrew, meaning of Iérémie is "God Raises"
Famous people named Leya
- Leya Falcon in Anal Inferno 2 as Actress
- Leya Catlett in 1 as Actress
Lists having Leya
- Girl names beginning with L
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Spanish Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -eya