Leah meaning and origin
Well-Liked and Perennial unisex name Leah is used majorly in Hebrew, English, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian and Danish, Leah means "Meadow, Glad Tidings, Cow, Weary One, Delicate, Soft, To Tire, Jacob's Wife, Wild Cow or Weary,Tired" is of Hebrew origin. Also Leah is French form of Leah that is usedforeign.
Variants of Leah
Leaha, Jalea, Leahanna, Jay, Jae, Lea, Lee, Leander, Leana, Leamarie, Jaleah, Jaay, Jaya, Christianjay, Jadrien, Jaeleah, Jaelyn, Donjae, Aaronlee, Leeanthony, Hadley, Huxley, Li, Raleigh, Ripley, Yardley, Ander, Leandros, Lean, Julianus, Aileen, Leanne, Lina, Ileana, Leeanna
View middle names that goes with Leah like Vinny, Alexander, Wayne, Albert, Jer, Dariel,Names that rhyme with Leah
Popularity of Leah
a very popular name in United States with over 226792 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. At the peak of its usage in 2010, 6783 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 24th position. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 11 times Also, Leah was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 31187 babies have been given the given name in 23 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2002, it ranked 24th when 2160 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 15 times
Leah was a common name in Ireland. Over 6111 babies have been named Leah since 1973. When at its peak in 2003,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 39 years but it is still going strong. Also, Leah was a common name in Sweden. Over 2675 babies have been named Leah since 2012. When at its peak in 2017,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 7 years but it is still in a strong position. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 7 times Also, In New South Wales, Leah was once a common name since emerging in 1971 it has been given to over 2014 babies. When at its peak in 1983,. After 17 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Leah is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1963 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 575 on girl names chart when 60 babies were named Leah. Over 993 people have been named Leah in France. Also, in Netherlands, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 200 names. Recently in 2019, 93 babies were given Leah and it reached its peak ranking, 159 on girl names chart. Over 421 babies in Netherlands have been named Leah. Also, in Victoria, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2016, 55 babies were given Leah and it reached its peak ranking, 100 on girl names chart.
Leah is a unique baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1999 and was able to reach the top 400 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 366 on girl names chart when 27 babies were named Leah. Over 297 people have been named Leah in Belgium. Also, during its short run of just 1 years in Queensland, it had made it to the top 100 names. In 1992, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 100 on girl names chart when 46 babies were named Leah.
Leah is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, even after 20 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 400. Over 307 people have been named Leah in Switzerland. Leah is a rare baby name in Queensland and may not be used now as it was last seen in 1992. And also in Victoria. However things change on global perspective, Leah is extremely popular in Tanzania where every 1 in 600 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Philippines, Kenya, Israel, Malawi, Canada, South Africa, England, Australia, Nigeria, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. As per our research, over 560000 babies have been bestowed Leah around the globe.
Leah in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Leah
You don't have to step over people to get to the top. You have a strong attitude about many things and stand firmly behind your beliefs and opinions. You like questioning general beliefs and opinions in order to comprehend the world better. You want to be financially stable and work hard to achieve this. However, you focus on the wrong things. You are persistent but without motivation, you won't accomplish anything.
Go through the following names similar to Leah
- Asher - Desirable and All time favorite Hebrew and Old English Asher bestowed upon both sexes used mainly in Tamil, Hindi and Hebrew, meaning of Asher is "Felicitous, Happy or Blessed". Well-Known name Asher elevated to 47th position on list of baby boy names in 2018 in United States
- Emilia - Desirable and Ever lasting unisex name Emilia means "Imitating or The Word Aemulus Which is of the Meaning Imitating Rivaling" that of Latin origin is especially used in Finnish, Swedish and German
- Dewey means Beloved, Form of David or Dear One is of Hebrew origin, a unisex name is used substantially in English and Welsh
- Hugh - Pleasing and Ever lasting unisex name Hugh means "Soul, Intelligent or Bright in Mind or Spirit" has its origin in Irish and Germanic is mostly used in Norwegian and Swedish
- Belle - Belle's meaning is God Protects My House is originated from Latin and Germanic is a baby girl name is used mainly in Swedish, Danish and Norwegian
Namesakes of Leah
- Leah McLaren, Canadian author and newspaper columnist
- Leah Allen, American astronomer and Professor of Astronomy at Hood College
- Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha, Toronto and Oakland-based poet, writer
- Leah Price, American literary critic
- Leah Hirsig, Swiss-American notably associated with the author and occultist Aleister Crowley
- Leah Rhodes, American costume designer
- Leah Coombes, British actress
- Leah Wood, American born British singer
- Leah Goldberg, prolific Hebrew-language poet, author, playwright
- Leah Betts, schoolgirl from Latchingdon in Essex, England
- Leah Rabin, widow of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin
- Leah Pinsent, Canadian television and film actress
- Leah Remini, American actress, author
- Leah Pipes, American actress
- Leah Miller, former MuchMusic VJ from Toronto
- Leah Manning, British educationalist, social reformer
- Leah Ward Sears, American jurist and former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Georgia
- Leah Laiman, American soap opera writer and romance novelist
- Leah Cairns, Canadian actress
- Leah Ayres, American actress
- Leah Bracknell, English actress, known for her role as Zoe Tate
- Leah Purcell, Indigenous Australian actress, director and writer
- Leah Chase, New Orleans chef
- Leah Moore, English comic book writer
- Leah Poulos-Mueller, American retired Olympic Games medalist
- Leah Baird, American actress of the silent screen
- Leah Haywood, Australian pop rock singer-songwriter and producer
- Leah Blatt Glasser, American literary critic and Mary Eleanor Wilkins Freeman scholar at Mount Holyoke College
- Leah Andreone, American musician
- Leah O'Brien, American, former collegiate All-American
- Leah Clark, American voice actress and ADR script writer/director working for Funimation
- Leah Hackett, English actress
- Leah Navarro, Filipino singer
- Leah Meyerhoff, Student Academy Award-nominated director
- Leah Bodine Drake, American poet, editor and critic
- Leah Dizon, former 'gaijin tarento', singer and model
- Leah Neuberger, American table tennis player
- Leah Kauffman, American singer and songwriter
- Leah Randi, American bass player and vocalist
- Leah Pells, retired female track and field athlete from Canada
- Leah Jayne in Desperate Fat Wives as Actress
- Leah Bezozo in Episode 6: Ten Years and Beyond, Part II as Actress
- Leah Egan in Episode #26.14 as Actress
- Leah Buono in Nurse Betty as Casting Department
- Leah Jaunzems in Defendor as Miscellaneous Crew
- Leah Thys in Flamenco in mineur as Actress
- Leah Dowdy in Pilot as Actress
- Leah Brotherhead in Jess//Jim as Actress
- Leah Lail is known for her acting in TV series V.I.P.
- Leah Gibbs, from 1917 drama flick Mentioned in Confidence, who portrayed the Perda Brentane.
- In 1938, Leah Ray played the role of Linda Martin in drama movie Walking Down Broadway.
- Leah Rowan characterized central role of Alicia in 2001 horror and sci-fi movie Altered Species.
- Leah Orosa, from 1993 action, comedy film Astig, who portrayed N.
- Leah David portrayed leading character of Anchorwoman in 2006 sci-fi movie The Center for Salvation.
- Leah Angutimarik characterized the small role of N in 2007 drama film Issaittuq (Waterproof).
- Leah Doz, from 2017 comedy, drama film It's Not My Fault and I Don't Care Anyway, who portrayed the Diana Spencer.
- In 2010 mystery, romance flick, I'm Not Here: And She's Not There, Leah Cary played Claire.
- Leah Gibson characterized the vital character of Betty in 2016 drama and sci-fi flick Lost Solace.
- In 2010 drama movie, Upside, Leah Sims characterized Wren Woods.
- Leah Grimsson characterized central role of "Girl" in 2012 drama, mystery film Kilburn Towers.
Lists having Leah
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Lea
- Girl names that ends with -eah
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2017)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2008)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2013)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Meadow
- Baby Names that mean Glad
- Baby Names that mean Cow
- Baby Names that mean Weary
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Delicate
- Baby Names that mean Soft
- Baby Names that mean Wife
- Baby Names that mean Wild