Nial meaning and origin
Nial means Champion is a boy name has its roots in Celtic is used in Danish, English, Swedish, Hindi and Finnish. Nial is variant form of cherished Niall. Niall is variant form of long standing and preeminent Neil. Niall's meaning is Passionate, Cloud and Champion is of Old Irish and Celtic origin. Nial is a variation of cherished and ever lasting Neil. Neil is equivalent of Niall in English language. Also Neil is equivalent of Niall in Scottish and Irish languages. Rare Old Irish, Celtic and Latin Neil, meaning of Neil is "Champion, Acquirer and Thanks".
Variants of NialNames that rhyme with Nial
Popularity of Nial
In Ireland, Nial is a unique name where it had been in use since for 15 from 1964 to 1984 and had secured the place in top 200 names. In 1964, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 129 on boy names chart when 26 babies were named Nial. Over 232 people have been named Nial in Ireland. Nial is an uncommon baby name in United States where it has been in use since 1915 and achieved its top ranking of 3075 in 1928. Over 107 people have been named Nial in United States. In England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 2000 when it ranked 953rd. Over 131 babies in England and Wales have been named Nial.
Also, Nial is a familiar name in Indonesia, Pakistan, England and India. According to our estimate, at least 1000 people have been bestowed Nial around the globe.
What numerology tells about Nial?
You respect yourself for always being able to look in the mirror and stay true to you. You are probably supportive and give the best advice. Dreams are important to you because you think that a person without dreams is like a walking dead. You are attracted to everything that can make this world a better place to live in. You always see the good in everything and everyone. Injustice pisses you off.
Other names similar to Nial, for would be moms
- Gwendy - Meaning of Gwendy is Happy or Happy is a girl name has origin in Celtic
- Glenda - Renowned Glenda came from Celtic and Welsh languages bestowed upon both boys and girls, meaning of Glenda is "Pure, Divine Goodness or Holy" is used principally in English and Welsh
- Eres means Wonderful is originated from Celtic used in Finnish and Swedish is a girl name
- Avon - Avon's meaning is River is used mainly in English which originated from Celtic is given to both genders
- Bréanainn is Irish form of Brénainn
Namesakes of Nial
- Nial Fulton, Northern Irish-born
- Nial Fennelly, Advocate General of the European Court of Justice
- Niall Cusack in A Golden Crown as Actor
- Niall Ferguson in Work as
- Niall Foley in Episode #1.4 as Actor
- Niall O'Shea in Agnes Browne as Actor
- Niall Johnson in Keeping Mum as Director
- Niall McCann in Lost in the Amazon as
- Niall Cunningham in Ghosts Just Wanna Have Fun as Actor
- Niall O'Brien in Braveheart as Actor
- In 1987 crime and drama flick, Skull: A Night of Terror!, Nial Lancaster portrayed Gideon King.