Nil meaning and origin
Meaning of Nil is Heaven, River, Champion, Cloud, Passionate, Crow or Talktive Person used for both boys and girls which originated from Celtic and Old Greek is mostly used in Russian, Malayalam, Hindi, Spanish, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Bengali. Nil is variation of well-liked and perpetual Neil. Neil is English cognate of Niall. Also Neil is form of Niall in Irish, English and Scottish languages. Neil's meaning is Earner, Cloud and Like a Horn is originated from Arabic and Latin. Nil is a short version of Nikolai. Nikolai is form of Nikolaj in Russian and Estonian languages. Also Nikolai is Estonian and Russian cognate of Nichol. Nikolai is also Nordic equivalent of Nicolai. Nikolai means Victory of the People is originated from Old Greek. Nil is celebrated on September 19th.
Variants of Nil
View middle names that goes with Nil like Quinn, Myron, Amare, Brian, Finnegan, Kellan,Names that rhyme with Nil
Popularity of Nil
Nil used to be a common name in Spain, first appeared in 2002 and over 776 babies have been given the name in 3 years. At its zenith in 2004,. After 3 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Nil is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1985 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2000, it ranked 1029th when 36 boys were named Nil. Over 793 babies in France have been named Nil.
Nil is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 20 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 159 babies in United States have been named Nil. But Nil is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 4000 have the name as well as in, India and Bangladesh. At least, 90000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Numerological aspects of Nil
Dreams are important to you because you think that a person without dreams is like a walking dead. Number 8 reveals your sharp focus and ability to love with all your heart as your personality number. Relax, no one is forcing you to do things as other people do it. You are dominant and leadership comes out naturally for you. You are not selfish but you are not naive as well. You are highly resourceful and respectful around people who value honesty, justice, and dreams.
Do you like Nil? Other names you would love
- Hoel came from Celtic language is used as a boy name and is chiefly used in English, meaning of Hoel is "Well Considered"
- Erina - Used mainly in Tamil, English and Danish unusual, Erina means "From Ireland, The Irish Woman or Beautiful Lady" has its origin in Celtic and Old Irish is a baby girl name
- Baris - Unwonted Celtic and Turkish Baris means "Peace", notably used in English and Turkish is used as a baby boy name
- Moran - Used commonly in Hebrew far-out, Moran means "Sea or Guide" and a gender insensitive name is originated from Celtic and Hebrew
- Thurell means Bear is of Celtic origin
Namesakes of Nil
- Nil Lara, Cuban-American musician from Miami, Florida
- Nil Karaibrahimgil, Turkish singer and songwriter
- Nil, Japanese rock band that was
- Nil Burak, Turkish Cypriot pop singer and actress
- Nil Cardoner acted in movie Phoenix 11·23
- In 1969, Nil Göncü characterized the role of N in drama film Devlerin öcü.
- In 1968, Nil Kutval characterized the role of N in adventure, drama movie Can pazari.
- In 1969, Nil Basak played the role of N in drama movie Günahlarini kanlari ile ödediler.
Lists having Nil
- Boys names beginning with N
- Girls names beginning with N
- Celtic Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Russian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Heaven
- Baby Names that mean River
- Baby Names that mean Champion
- Baby Names that mean Cloud
- Baby Names that mean Passionate
- Baby Names that mean Crow