Pate meaning and origin
Well-Known boy name Pate is used mostly in English, Finnish and Swedish has its origin in Latin and Old English, meaning of Pate is "Peacock Town or Patrician". Pate is English form of Patrick. Also Pate is English form of Peyton. Also Pate is Finnish equivalent of Patu.
Variants of Pate
View middle names that goes with Pate like Wane, Roee, Quinten, Zyir,Names that rhyme with Pate
Popularity of Pate
Pate is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1901 but could not make beyond the top 900. Over 248 babies in United States have been named Pate. The moniker is a common name in Burkina Faso and India while somewhat familiar name in Senegal, Nigeria, Indonesia, Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Cameroon, Niger and DR Congo. At least, 5000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Here's what numbers has to say about Pate
You are all about adventure and travel. Keeping your emotions isn't something you usually do. It only happens when you are not sure if a person is being honest with you or not. You are always there to help people in need with a good advice or do something that would ease up their situation, or at least make them feel more comfortable in their own skin. People admire your charm and independent attitude about everything.
Other names liked by soon-to-be-parents that are similar to Pate
- Flo - Used majorly in English age-old and well-known, Flo is of Native, Latin and American origin, Flo means "Blooming, Arrow or Flower" is used as a girl name
- Hillary - Eternal and Illustrous Hillary particulary is used in Norwegian and Finnish, meaning of Hillary is "The Word Hilaris with the Meaning Cheerful or Heitere". It is rooted from Latin is used as a gender-neutral name
- Iola means Violet Flower or Violet has origin in Latin and Old Greek bestowed upon both boys and girls is used specifically in English and Welsh
- Sylvian means Forest is used substantially in Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish. Its origin is in Latin and English-American is used as a unisex name
- Carsta means Christian, Disciple of Christ or Christian Woman is a baby girl name and came from Latin is used specifically in German and Low German
Namesakes of Pate
We could not find any notable namesake.