Quinn meaning and origin
Illustrous Quinn mostly is used in Gaelic and English has its origin in Celtic and Old Irish, meaning of Quinn is "Wisdom, Chief, Wise, Counsel, Reason, Intelligence, Surname, Freeman, Head, Hound, Strength, Fifth, Descendant of Cuinn, Born in Fifth Month, Intelligent or A Family Name" is a gender insensitive name.
Variants of Quinn
View middle names that goes with Quinn like Alia, Donnie, Michel, Lawson, Roen, Dan,Names that rhyme with Quinn
Popularity of Quinn
Quinn was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1915 around 63690 babies have been given the given name. At the peak of its usage in 2017, 3636 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 75th position. However after 164 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 100 baby names 4 times
Quinn is common in England and Wales where over 3022 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. When at its peak in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 238th spot and 219 baby boys were given the name. Also, In Netherlands, Quinn was once a common name since emerging in 2015 it has been given to over 1324 babies. At the peak of its usage in 2017,. However after 10 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Quinn is a familiar baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1999 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 212 on boy names chart when 56 babies were given the name Quinn. There are over 466 babies that have been given the name Quinn in Belgium. Also, in New South Wales, in just 2 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, 74 babies were given Quinn and it reached its peak ranking, 95 on girl names chart. Over 144 babies in New South Wales have been named Quinn. Also, in Queensland, in just 3 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2018, 70 babies were given Quinn and it reached its peak ranking, 74 on girl names chart. Over 195 people have been named Quinn in Queensland. Also, in Victoria, in just 4 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2018, 79 babies were given Quinn and it reached its peak ranking, 67 on girl names chart. Over 283 people have been named Quinn in Victoria.
Quinn is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 23 years of use, it could not make it big. There are over 197 babies that have been given the name Quinn in Ireland. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1999 and achieved its top ranking of 446 in 2017. Quinn is a rare baby name in New South Wales where it is still in use. Over 144 people have been named Quinn in New South Wales. Quinn is a common name in Canada while somewhat familiar name in Philippines, South Africa, Australia and England. As per our findings, over 60000 people has been named Quinn globally.
Quinn in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Quinn?
If you have letter N as your capstone, you like to think outside the box. In fact, you don't even know where the box is. You are looking for your higher purpose. Pay attention to your friends. Not everyone wishes you well. The letter U as your vowel represents your cleverness and fascinating character. You are the original fellow everyone admires. You are a walking inspiration with an amazing aura.
Do you like Quinn? Other names you would love
- Murray - Illustrous and All time favorite unisex name Murray means "By the Sea, Land By the Sea or Inspired By a Place Name", notably used in Scottish and English is of Celtic, Gaelic and Scottish origin
- Nanon - Used mainly in French, Nanon aimed at baby girls, Nanon means "Grace or Graceful" has its origin in Gothic and Old Greek
- Keith - Predominant and Ceaseless Scottish, German and Celtic Keith means "The Element Keth Meaning Forest Windy Place, Of the Forest or From the Battleground" used as a gender-neutral name is dominantly used in Norwegian, Swedish and Danish
- Kayce - Kayce's meaning is Alert, Vigorous or A Combination of Initials K or C is mainly used in English and is aimed at both boys and girls has its origin in Celtic and Old Greek
- Torrance - Torrance's meaning is From the Low Hills is majorly used in English. It is rooted from Celtic, Latin and Old Irish is used as a unisex name
Namesakes of Quinn
- Quinn Grovey, former American football quarterback for the Arkansas Razorbacks football team
- Quinn Martin, American television producer
- Quinn Allman, American musician and producer
- Quinn Gray, Quinn Fordham Gray, Sr
- Quinn Buckner, American former professional basketball player and coach
- Quinn Cummings, American retired child actress
- Quinn Norton, American journalist and essayist
- Quinn Early, former professional American football player
- Quinn Sypniewski, He was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens
- Quinn Pitcock, American football defensive tackle
- Quinn Wilmans, South African figure skater
- Quinn Sullivan, American singer and guitarist
- Quinn Redeker, American actor and screenwriter
- Quinn Weng, Taiwanese-Canadian mezzo-soprano singer and is the lead vocalist of the power metal band Seraphim
- Quinn Mack, former Major League Baseball player
- Quinne Suicide in Suicide Girls Must Die! as Actress
- Quinn Beswick is credited as writer of movie Deep Murder
- Quinn Hawkins, from 1981 comedy movie If You Go Down in the Woods Today, who characterized the Cub Scout.
- In 2006, Quinn Shephard played the role of Donna Malone in adventure and comedy flick Unaccompanied Minors.
- Quinn Larson characterized the role of Mr. Butterfield in thriller flick Back Alley Butcher.
- In animation movie, Kustomonsters 2, Quinn Kitmitto characterized Doris.
Lists having Quinn
- Boys names beginning with Q
- Girls names beginning with Q
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Gaelic Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Wisdom
- Baby Names that mean Chief
- Baby Names that mean Wise
- Baby Names that mean Counsel
- Baby Names that mean Intelligence
- Baby Names that mean Surname
- Baby Names that mean Head
- Baby Names that mean Strength
- Baby Names that mean Fifth
- Baby Names that mean Descendant
- Baby Names that mean Month
- Baby Names that mean Intelligent
- Baby Names that mean Family