Darius name meaning
What does Darius mean?
Meaning of Darius is Prophet, Wealthy or He that Informs Himself used for both boys and girls has its origin in Greek, Latin and Old Persian is mainly used in Danish, Lithuanian, Finnish, Norwegian, German, Swedish, Arabic, English and Iranian. Darius is Latin form of Δαρειος, Which is a Greek Form of the Persian Name Dârayavahush. The name is celebrated on October 25th.
How do I pronounce Darius?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Darius is d(a)-rius.
Variants of Darius
How popular is the name Darius?
Darius was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 51398 babies have been given the name. When at its peak in 1990, 2182 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 152nd position. However after 143 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Moreover, the name has been to the top 500 baby names 46 times
Darius is a common name in England and Wales given to over 1503 babies in 23 years. Presently at its peak, it ranked 304th when 159 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, A common name in France having over 1735 recievers in 105 years of usage. Recently peaking at the charts, it ranked 325th when 102 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. In Belgium, Darius is a unique name where it has been in use since 2004 and has secured the place in top 500 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 403 on boy names chart when 27 babies were named Darius. Over 252 babies in Belgium have been named Darius.
Darius is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, in use since 2000, peaked in 2019 when it ranked 229th. Over 161 people have been named Darius in Ireland. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 but could not make beyond the top 500. Over 162 babies in Switzerland have been named Darius. But Darius is a popular baby name in Iran where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Romania, Lithuania, Indonesia, Philippines, Zambia, Uganda and DR Congo. As per our findings, over 200000 babies have been bestowed Darius around the globe.
Darius in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Darius
Details matter to you, especially when it comes to choosing your love partner. You never come up with a plan to achieve something but make your way as you go. You are all about independence, and like to have your own possessions because you like to enjoy luxury but not at any prize. People envy your success and personal life, and would give just anything to be like you. You have a powerful appearance. You always make the best entrance, no matter where you appear.
Other names similar to Darius
- Juthamah is used principally in Sindhi and Arabic bestowed upon baby boys, Juthamah means "Name of a Companion or Nightmare"
- Aifa - Predominantly used in Oriya and Telugu, Aifa means "Smart or Gift" is aimed at both sexes
- Abdulrahman - Predominantly used in Finnish, Norwegian and Arabic, Abdulrahman aimed at boys, meaning of Abdulrahman is "Servant of the Mercifully Gracious or Servant of the Most Gracious" is originated from Arabic
- Lubna - Curious girl name Lubna is predominantly used in Sindhi, Arabic and Tamil, meaning of Lubna is "Storax, Storax Tree or Incense-Producing Tree" is originated from Arabic
- Sabina - Noteworthy and All time favorite Sabinas origin is Latin bestowed upon baby girls used in Arabic, Italian and Finnish, meaning of Sabina is "Catlike, Inhabitants of Sabine or Sweet or Sabine"
Famous people named Darius
- Darius I, Darius ascended the throne by overthrowing Gaumata
- Darius II, The Elephantine papyri mention Darius II as a contemporary of the high priest Johanan of Ezra 10:6
- Darius Milhaud, French composer, conductor, and teacher
- Darius Hadley, retired American football Defensive specialist/Wide receiver
- Darius Grala, endurance sports car racing driver
- Darius Juozas Mockus, Darius Mockus is President of concern "MG Baltic" and General Director of holding "MG Baltic Trade"
- Darius Kinsey, photographer active in western Washington State
- Darius A. Brown, was Mayor of Kansas City
- Darius Paul Dassault, French general
- Darius McCollum, is primarily
- Saint Darius, St
- Darius III, last king of the Achaemenid Empire of Persia
- Darius Campbell, Scottish singer, songwriter, musician, actor
- Darius Rucker, American singer and songwriter
- Darius Vassell, English retired footballer
- Darius Miles, American former professional basketball player
- Darius Kasparaitis, Lithuanian American former professional ice hockey defenceman
- Darius McCrary, American film and television actor and singer
- Darius N. Couch, American soldier, businessman, and naturalist
- Darius Songaila, Lithuanian professional basketball coach and former player
- Darius Watts, former NFL football player was originally drafted by the Denver Broncos
- Darius James, African-American author and performance artist
- Darius Ogden Mills, prominent American banker and philanthropist
- Darius Lukminas, Lithuanian former basketball player for the Lithuanian national basketball team and Žalgiris Kaunas
- Darius Moon, architect in Lansing, Michigan, United States
- Darius de Haas, American stage actor and singer
- Darius Žutautas, former Lithuanian professional footballer
- Darius Khondji, Iranian-French cinematographer
- Darius Washington Jr., Darius Myron Washington Jr
- Darius Perkins, Australian actor
- Darius Walker, former American football running back
- Darius Henderson, English professional footballer
- Darius Charles, English professional footballer
- Darius Grigalionis, backstroke swimmer from Lithuania,
- Darius Boyd, Australian professional rugby league footballer and captain of the Brisbane Broncos
- Darius Miceika, retired professional footballer from Lithuania
- Darius Defoe, British basketball player
- Darius Brubeck, American jazz keyboardist and educator
- Darius A. Monsef IV, internet entrepreneur & philanthropist known most widely as the founder of the design community COLOURlovers and co-founder & board member of the All Hands Volunteers international charitable organization
- Darius Reynaud, former American football running back and return specialist
- Darius Gvildys, is former football defender from Lithuania
- Darius D. Hare, soldier, lawyer
- Darius Sanajevas, former Lithuanian footballer
- Darius Holland, former American football defensive tackle
- Darius J. Pearce, former Jersey politician
- Darius Sanders, former American football defensive end for the San Francisco 49ers
- Darius Vinnett, from St
- Darius Dimavičius, retired Lithuanian professional basketball player,
- Darius Elias, Canadian politician
- Darius Shahmir in 22 Jump Street as Miscellaneous Crew
- Darius Carr in Teens React to Mean Girls (10th Anniversary) as
- Darius Petkevicius in Kolekcioniere as Actor
- Darius Homayoun in After the Dark as Actor
- Darius Devontaye Green in Straight Down Low as Actor
- Dariush Kashani in Eagle Eye as Actor
- Darius Cottrell in American Sniper as Actor
- Dariush Mehrjui in Hamoun as Director
- Darius Adams, is an American basketball player.
- Actor Darius Anderson, famous for movie Heidi 4 Paws
- Darius Palekas characterized the small character of Antas in 1985 family, fantasy film Elektronnaya babushka.
- In 2006, Darius Rose characterized the role of Chancho in comedy and family movie Nacho Libre.
- Darius Holiday portrayed the central character of Mike in 2008 drama flick The Secret.
- Darius Sinathrya, from 2012 drama, romance film BrokenHearts, who played the Aryo.
Lists having Darius
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Persian Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Lithuanian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that ends with -rius
- Boy names that starts with Dar
- Baby Names that mean Prophet
- Baby Names that mean Wealthy
- Baby Names that mean Rich
- Baby Names that mean Possess
- Baby Names that mean Master
- Baby Names that mean Possessor
- Baby Names that mean Good
- Baby Names that mean Mighty