Tessa name meaning
What does Tessa mean?
Persistent and Cherished Tessa is used prevalently in Danish, Norwegian, English, Finnish and Swedish is a gender insensitive name and came from Latin and Old Greek, Tessa means "Harvester, Theresa, Fourth Child, Countess, Essence, The Hunteress or Headband for the Head". Tessa is variation of admired and rooted Hortensia. Hortensia is a form of trendy and classic Hortense. Trendy and Venerable Hortensia is originated from Latin, Hortensia means "Derived from the Feminine Form of the Roman Clan Name Hortensius and Of the Garden". Tessa is form of Quintella. Quintella means The Word Quintus with the Meaning Fifth and Fifth-Born Daughter is mostly used in English has its origin in Latin. Tessa is English equivalent of Theresia. Tessa is English equivalent of Its Variant Forms. Tessa is celebrated on the 17th of December.
Is Tessa a pleasant name for a baby?
Tessa is a pleasant name for a baby girl, originating from the Greek language meaning fourth child. It has become increasingly popular in recent years, due to its beautiful sound and positive meaning. It is a sophisticated and elegant name that carries with it an air of sophistication. The sound is gentle yet powerful, making it the ideal name for any mother looking to give her daughter a timeless classic which will never go out of style. Tessa is also the perfect way to celebrate being born as the fourth child in a family, with its special and meaningful origin - truly befitting for such an occasion.
How do I pronounce Tessa?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Tessa is tess-ah. The other ways to say the name is t(es)-sa.
Variants of Tessa
Thessa, Quintella, Hortensia, Quinetta, Tina, Quintina, Hortense, Tessalee, Theresia, Lee, Theresa, Teressia, Babba, Gitta, BeneNames that rhyme with Tessa
How popular is the name Tessa?
Tessa is a popular name in United States given to over 48380 babies in 96 years. At its zenith in 2007, the moniker grabbed the 190th spot and 1753 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 500 baby names 40 times Tessa was a common name in France. Over 7750 babies have been named Tessa since 1957. At its zenith in 2011,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 56 years but it is still going strong. Also, In Netherlands, Tessa was once a common name since emerging in 2015 it has been given to over 886 babies. At the peak of its usage in 2015,. However after 5 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, Tessa is common in Belgium where over 1534 new-borns have been given the name since 1995. Presently the name is rising, in 1996, it ranked 67th when 150 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Tessa is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 410 on girl names chart when 78 babies were given the name Tessa. There are over 1378 babies that have been given the name Tessa in England and Wales. Tessa is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1979 and was able to reach the top 200 names. Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 162 on girl names chart when 32 babies were named Tessa. Over 283 people have been named Tessa in Ireland. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 2009, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 243 on girl names chart when 31 babies were named Tessa. Over 362 babies in Switzerland have been named Tessa.
But Tessa is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 7000 have the name. As per our findings, over 70000 babies have been bestowed Tessa around the globe.
Tessa in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Tessa?
You are reliable and always give the best advice. Be more flexible and less stubborn. If you walk over people to get on top, you won't make it. Or you will but you won't feel good about yourself. Some would say that you are cold-hearted and insensitive but the truth is that you are the most sensitive person. You don't want anyone standing on your way or messing with your life just like you stay out of other people's lives and don't get in their way of success.
Go through the following names similar to Tessa
- Cecilius is originated from Latin is used specifically in Swedish, Dutch and Danish, Cecilius means "Blind" is used as a boy name
- Amedea means Love of God or Amare Which Means to Love is substantially used in Italian and is used for girls has origin in Latin
- Toinon - Meaning of Toinon is Who Eats Flower is a baby girl name and rooted from Greek and Latin is used in French
- Annunciata - Meaning of Annunciata is To Make Known is a baby girl name has origin in Latin
- Adriana - Specifically used in Swedish, Danish and Norwegian dominant and modish, Adriana is used as a gender insensitive name, meaning of Adriana is "Etruscan, Square Room or The Word Ater Which is of the Meaning Black" came from Latin
Famous people named Tessa
- Tessa Noël, fictional character
- Tessa Duder, New Zealand swimming champion and author of novels for young people
- Tessa Allen, American actress
- Tessa Blackstone, Baroness Blackstone, English politician and university administrator
- Tessa Dahl, English author and former actress
- Tessa Sanderson, English former javelin thrower and heptathlete
- Tessa Peake-Jones, English actress
- Tessa Thompson, American actress, singer, and songwriter
- Tessa Kennedy, British interior designer, whose clients include multi-national corporations
- Tessa Wyatt, English actress
- Tessa Virtue, Canadian ice dancer
- Tessa Appeldoorn, Dutch Olympic rower
- Tessa Pollitt, English musician
- Tessa Niles, English singer
- Tessa James, Australian actress
- Tessa Bonhomme, former Professional Canadian ice hockey player and is a television sports reporter for TSN
- Tessa Padden, Deaf British television presenter and management training consultant
- Tessa Ludwick, Korean American actress from Apollo Beach, Florida
- Tessa Farmer, artist based in London
- Tessa Worley, French World Cup alpine ski racer and non-commissioned officer
- Tessa Shaw in Living with Technology: A Foundation Course - Patterns in the Dust as Actress
- Tessa Vonn in The Christmas Tree as Actress
- Tessa Hope Slovis in Devastating Story as Actress
- Tessa Bell-Briggs in Maxxie and Anwar as Actress
- Tessa Violet in So Broken Up as Actress
- Tessa Parr in Episode #1.1 as Actress
- Tessa Wood in Swoosh! as Actress
- Tessa Lane in Reel Evil as Actress
- In 1974 comedy and drama film, Il fiore delle mille e una notte, Tessa Bouché portrayed Aziza.
- Tessa Hood characterized central role of Margaret in 1982 comedy, musical film Todo es posible en Granada.
- In 1993, Tessa Hughes-Freeland characterized the role of N in horror movie Red Spirit Lake.
- Tessa Humphries played the leading character of Jill and Cassandra in 1987 horror, thriller movie Cassandra.
- In 1979, Tessa Volkine portrayed the role of N in flick Je meurs de soif, j'étouffe, je ne puis crier....
- In 2001 comedy, romance flick, Low Fat Elephants, Tessa Wells characterized Greta.
- In 1994, Tessa Lilly Wyndham played the role of Liesje in drama flick 1000 Rosen.
- In 1983 flick, Short Time, Tessa Tuazon characterized N.
- In 2014, Tessa Cameron played the role of Mila Lowh in drama and fantasy film Nocturne.
- Tessa Hart, from 2019 comedy, drama movie Trumped, who portrayed Rey.
Lists having Tessa
- Boys names beginning with T
- Girls names beginning with T
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -essa
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (1997)
- Baby Names that mean Harvester
- Baby Names that mean Child
- Baby Names that mean Hunteress
- Baby Names that mean Head