Rosemarie meaning and origin
The popular and evergreen unisex name Rosemarie has its origin in German and Latin, Rosemarie means "Combination of Rose and Mary or Name of the Herb" is mainly used in English, Italian, Scandinavian, Finnish, German, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish and Dutch. Rosemarie is English, Scandinavian and German cognate of Rosemary. The name is celebrated on August 23rd.
Variants of Rosemarie
View middle names that goes with Rosemarie like Tricia, Cassie, Geraldine, Yvonne, Nathalie, Kathryn,Names that rhyme with Rosemarie
Popularity of Rosemarie
Rosemarie was a popular name in United States. Over 50633 babies have been named Rosemarie since 1896. At its zenith in 1936, it ranked 158th when 1299 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 127 years. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 49 times Rosemarie is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1999, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 780 on girl names chart when 29 babies were named Rosemarie. Over 282 babies in England and Wales have been named Rosemarie. Also, in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1976, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 191 on girl names chart when 29 babies were named Rosemarie. Over 483 people have been named Rosemarie in Ireland. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1931 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1943, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 304 on girl names chart when 33 babies were named Rosemarie. There are over 444 babies that have been given the name Rosemarie in France.
However things change on global perspective, Rosemarie is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in Philippines. Also the baby name is popular in Austria, England and Switzerland. At least, 600000 people globally have carried Rosemarie as their given name according to our evaluation.
Rosemarie in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Rosemarie?
You often experience that you lack motivation. You have a strong sense of order. Learn what makes you happy. You want to be the boss in every situation. Seeking for a higher purpose makes everything seem senseless and not worth your time and effort. Having letter R as a cornerstone reflects your modesty, pride, and naivety. You have to stop questioning your existence and give your life your own purpose.
Looking for names similar to Rosemarie? Please go through the following names
- Loycie - Meaning of Loycie is Daylight Babies and Shining is originated from Latin is a baby girl name. Loycie is derivation of Lucy.
- Saül has its origin in Latin, Saül means "Weak or Small"
- Magna - Meaning of Magna is Composition Of: 'Power', Large or 'Struggle' used for baby girls and of Latin origin is used largely in Faroese and Norwegian
- Clélia - Clélia means "Closing or Key" is rooted from Latin language
- Nilus - Boy name Nilus means "River" has its origin in Latin is used mostly in Danish
Namesakes of Rosemarie
- Rosemarie Ackermann, former East German high jumper
- Rosemarie Sonora, former actress
- Rosemarie Köhn, bishop
- Rosemarie Said Zahlan, Palestinian-American Christian historian and writer on the Persian Gulf states
- Rosemarie Wenner, Presiding Bishop of the United Methodist Church
- Rosemarie Arenas, Manila society figure
- Rosemarie Trockel, German artist
- Rosemarie Frankland, Welsh actress, model and beauty queen
- Rosemarie Myrdal, North Dakota Republican Party politician
- Rosemarie Nitribitt, years
- Rosemarie Truglio, Dr
- Rosemarie Ford, English actress, dancer and television presenter
- Rosemarie DeWitt, American actress
- Rosemarie Bowe, American former model
- Rosemarie Pasdar in Made in U.S.A. as Actress
- Rosemarie La Vaullée in La guerre de l'eau as Actress
- Rosemarie Lindt in Salon Kitty as Actress
- Rosemarie Lagunas in Demolition Man as Actress
- Rosemarie Gil in Burlesk Queen as Actress
- Rosemarie Dunham in Get Carter as Actress
- Rosemarie Fendel in Trotta as Actress
- Rosemarie Griffin in Mentamorphosis as Actress
- Rosemarie Belden is notable for her acting in movie Dangerous Cargo
- Rosemarie Stack portrayed leading role of Ann Dexter in 1954 adventure, horror film The Golden Mistress.
- Rosemarie Feliciano portrayed the role of Cafe Patron in comedy, drama flick Crafty Kittens.
- Rosemarie McKay portrayed crucial role of Myrna in 1967 movie Spiked Heels and Black Nylons.
Lists having Rosemarie
- Boys names beginning with R
- Girls names beginning with R
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -marie
- Girl names that starts with Ros
- Baby Names that mean Rose
- Baby Names that mean Mary
- Baby Names that mean Herb
- Baby Names that mean Bitter
- Baby Names that mean Flower