Thyra meaning and origin
Lofty and Venerable girl name Thyra is originated from Old Norse, Scandinavian, English, German and Danish which is used notably in German, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish, Swedish and Scandinavian languages, meaning of Thyra is "Thunder God, Fight or Battle". Thyra is variant form of acclaimed Tyra. Tyra is a variation of well-liked and perennial Thyra. Of Old Norse origin, Well-Liked and Perennial Tyra, Tyra means "Light and Thor Flight". Thyra is Latin cognate of Thyri.
Variants of ThyraNames that rhyme with Thyra
Popularity of Thyra
Thyra is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1896 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1904, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 755 on girl names chart when 30 babies were named Thyra. Over 1249 babies in United States have been named Thyra. The name is a rare baby name in England and Wales still in use today. And also in Belgium. Also, Thyra is a familiar name in Ghana. As per our research, over 2000 babies have been bestowed Thyra around the globe.
Thyra in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Thyra
To have dreams you want to accomplish means having a reason to wake up in the morning. You don't want anyone standing on your way or messing with your life just like you stay out of other people's lives and don't get in their way of success. When it comes to love, you are a passionate lover but hard to commit. Wait until you find the right one. You are a team player who loves to hang around and work on different projects with different minds.
Other names liked by would be moms that are similar to Thyra
- Ingrida - Offbeat Ingridas origin is Old Norse is a girl name, meaning of Ingrida is "Beautiful" is used in Latvian and Lithuanian
- Ankær is Danish form of Ankjær
- Magni came from Old Norse language is a unisex name mostly used in Faroese, Swedish and Icelandic, meaning of Magni is "Might, Strength or Colossal Might"
- Foxun - English name Foxun means "The Crafty Mammal with Russet-Colored Fur and Fraud" is used for baby boys. Foxun is resultant of Fox.
- Tarben is Danish cognate of Torben
Namesakes of Thyra
- Thyra Metz in Streets of Rage as Actress
Lists having Thyra
- Girl names beginning with T
- American Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Norse Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -yra
- Baby Names that mean Thunder
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Fight
- Baby Names that mean Battle
- Baby Names that mean Thor
- Baby Names that mean Struggle