Ågot meaning and origin
Origin: Old Greek
Usage: Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish
Meaning: The Good
Add to favorites
Ågot is equivalent of Agathe in Norwegian language.
Variants of ÅgotNames that rhyme with Ågot
Popularity of Ågot
Ågot is a familiar baby name in Norway. At least, 800 people globally have been given the name, concentrated mainly Nordic regions as per our research.
Ågot in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Other names similar to Ågot
- Naima 1 - Girl name Naima 1 is especially used in Finnish and Norwegian. Naima 1 is Swedish cognate of Naema
- Frithiof is used in Danish, Finnish and Swedish is used as a boy name. Frithiof is Swedish form of Friþiófr
- Torkild - Used prevalently in Swedish, Danish and Norwegian, Torkild is used for baby boys. Torkild is Danish form of Thorkil
- Vemund - Of Old Norse origin, Vemund is used chiefly in Norwegian and Scandinavian used for boys, Vemund means "Sanctuary, Devoted or Protector"
- Hasse - Originated from Hebrew, Hasse means "Hard or God is Merciful" and usually is used for boys is used in Scandinavian and Danish
Namesakes of Ågot
- Ågot Valle, Norwegian politician for the Socialist Left Party