Agatha meaning and origin
Agatha's meaning is Good or The Word Agathos with the Meaning Kind Good is chiefly used in Tamil, German, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Danish, Icelandic, Old Norse, English, Marathi, Swedish and Hindi and is used for baby girls is originated from Old Greek. Agatha is equivalent of Agathe in Latin language. The name is celebrated on February 5.
Variants of AgathaNames that rhyme with Agatha
Popularity of Agatha
Agatha is a common name in United States given to over 8691 babies in 139 years. At present the name is rising, in 1891, it ranked 365th when 218 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. In addition to that, the moniker has been in Agatha is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 666 on girl names chart when 61 babies were named Agatha. Over 764 babies in England and Wales have been named Agatha.
Agatha is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1958 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1964, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 799 on girl names chart when 27 babies were named Agatha. Over 564 babies in France have been named Agatha. The given name is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. But Agatha is a popular baby name in Tanzania where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Nigeria, Uganda, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Malawi, Indonesia and Zambia. At least, 190000 people globally have carried Agatha as their given name according to our findings.
Agatha in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Agatha?
Make new mistakes and stop obsessing over old ones. You can't stand people without a purpose. If letter A is your capstone in your name, you are romantic by nature. However, you are also interested in action. You can stare at a wall and not feel bored because of your busy mind. You are the most passionate partner your lovers have ever had. You need to practice listening. You are influential and use your influence to do great things.
Other names similar to Agatha, for soon-to-be-parents
- Chrysogonos came from Greek is used as a boy name. Chrysogonos is Nordic cognate of The Greek Name Χρυσόγονος
- Ekaterini - Ekaterini's meaning is Pure is dominantly used in Greek is used as a baby girl name
- Ermes - Meaning of Ermes is Cairn or Heap of Stones is used in Italian aimed at baby boys came from Old Greek
- Aeson - The rare boy name Aeson came from Old Greek, Aeson means "Father of Jason in Greek Mythology" is used in English
- Elna - Primarily used in Danish, Icelandic and Oriya long standing and dominant, Elna is originated from Old Greek and Greek is a girl name, meaning of Elna is "Desired or Longing"
Namesakes of Agatha
- Agatha of Sicily, Christian saint and virgin martyr
- Agatha, wife of Edward the Exile and mother of Edgar Ætheling
- Agatha Christie, English writer
- Agatha Barbara, Maltese politician
- Agatha Lintott in Eternal Return as Writer
- Agatha Lee Monn in Frozen as Soundtrack
- Agatha Warren in Prison Break: The Final Break as Producer
- Agatha Nowicki in The Immaculate Conception of Little Dizzle as Actress
- Agatha Couture acted in movie Film socialisme
Lists having Agatha
- Girl names beginning with A
- Greek Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Italian Girl Names
- Norse Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Good
- Baby Names that mean Kind