Aage name meaning
On This Page
What does Aage mean?
Commonly used in Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Icelandic, Scandinavian and Danish unusual, Aage means "The Word Ano Meaning Ancestor or Representative of Ancestors" and a baby boy name is of Old Norse origin.
Aage is Swedish form of Aaghe. Also Aage is Danish form of Åge.
Is Aage a suitable baby name?
Aage is a unique baby boy name that has its origin in German language. Its meaning is "ancestor" but what makes it special are its distinct and memorable sound.
The name Aage sounds strong and masculine with a touch of traditional elegance, making it an excellent choice for parents who want to give their son a powerful and distinguished name.
It's a relatively uncommon name, which adds to its uniqueness and charm, making it perfect for parents who want to choose a name that stands out from the crowd.
How do I pronounce Aage?
Two syllabled Aage is pronounced as a(a)-ge.
Variants of AageNames that rhyme with Aage
How popular is the name Aage?
Aage is a rare baby name in United States and may not be used now. At least, 7000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Aage in Nordic countries
What numerology tells about Aage?
You are all about fun, adventure, excitement, change, and adventure. You deserve the best because you are simply the best. You always act like everything's just great. You never get tired from trying to be better than you were yesterday. The letter A as your cornerstone reveals your ability to lead people and get them to do the stuff you want them to do. You are talkative only with people who have something smart to say.
You would love these names similar to Aage
- Bernar is Faroese equivalent of Bernhard
- Atena is form of Athena in Nordic language
- Rói - Commonly used in Swedish and Old Norse, Rói is aimed at baby boys. Rói is equivalent of Hrói in Old Norse and Faroese languages
- Letta - Letta's meaning is Violets is principally used in Danish and Finnish is used for baby girls
- Mombert - The boy name Mombert is used dominantly in German. It is rooted from Old High German and Germanic, Mombert means "Beraht or The Words Mun + Muni + Berht Meaning Bright Famous"
Sibling Names for Aage
Aage is a Scandinavian name meaning ‘ancestor’ or ‘forefather’. Sibling names for Aage include:
For a sister
Names for Aage's brother
Famous people named Aage
- Aage Neutzsky-Wulff, Danish writer and poet
- Aage Kvalbein, Norwegian cellist and a professor
- Aage Dons, Danish writer
- Aage Jepsen Sparre, Danish priest
- Aage Samuelsen, Norwegian evangelist, singer and composer
- Aage Walther, Danish gymnast
- Aage Haugland, Danish operatic bass
- Aage Bohr, Danish nuclear physicist
- Aage Winther-Jørgensen, Danish actor
- Aage Bendixen, Danish actor
- Aage Frandsen, Danish gymnast
- Aage Jørgensen, Danish gymnast
- Aage Marius Hansen, Danish gymnast
- Aage Fønss, Danish opera singer and actor
- Aage Stentoft, Danish composer
- Aage Rou Jensen, Danish international footballer
- Aage Brix, former U.S. soccer forward
- Aage Høy-Petersen, Danish sailor
- Aage Niels Bohr was Danish physicist and son of Margrethe and Niels Bohr.
- Actor Aage Bjørnbak, famous for movie Den lille hornbl�ser
- In 1916, Aage Hertel characterized the role of John Smith - Man with Nine Fingers in action movie Manden med de ni Fingre III.
- Aage Henvig, from 1914 drama flick Moderen, who played the N.
- Aage Lorentzen played main role of N in 1916 action movie Manden med de ni Fingre IV.
- In 1912, Aage Colding played the role of Andersson in flick Guldgossen.
Lists having Aage
- Boy names beginning with A
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Norse Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names