Abijah name meaning
On This Page
What does Abijah mean?
Meaning of Abijah is The Lord is My Father or Gift of God is predominantly used in Swedish, Finnish, Hebrew, Danish and Hindi and of Hebrew origin is used for both boys and girls.
How does Abijah sound as a baby name?
Abijah is a unique and distinctive name with a strong biblical background. Its origin in Hebrew lends it an air of traditionalism, while also being contemporary enough to suit modern naming trends.
The name's meaning "God is my father" imbues it with a sense of spiritual significance, making it an excellent choice for those seeking a meaningful name for their baby boy. Abijah's appeal lies in its individuality, as it is not commonly used, but still manages to sound familiar and approachable.
It has a memorable ring to it and can be easily shortened to nicknames such as Abe or AJ. Overall, Abijah is an exceptional choice for parents looking for a unique yet meaningful name that stands out from the crowd.
How do I pronounce Abijah?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Abijah as a-bi-jah.
Variants of AbijahNames that rhyme with Abijah
How popular is the name Abijah?
Abijah is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1977 but could not make beyond the top 5000. Over 329 people have been named Abijah in United States.
Abijah is a rare baby name in England and Wales where it may not be used now. Abijah is a common name in Israel while somewhat familiar name in Kenya and Nigeria.
At least, 4000 people globally have carried Abijah as their given name according to our research.
What numbers say about Abijah?
You are the most creative person in your surroundings. You are all about independence, and like to have your own possessions because you like to enjoy luxury but not at any prize. If you have the letter A as your cornerstone, you are a born leader who likes to have control over everything. Not everyone deserves your attention. You have to stay as you are – determined and self-confident to realize your goals.
Do you like Abijah? Read these names too
- Samuela - Originated from Hebrew, Unfamiliar Samuela is a gender-neutral name largely used in Italian, Swedish and Finnish, Samuela means "Hear, God has Heard or God Hears"
- Basilia - Odd girl name Basilia is largely used in Norwegian and Finnish. Its origin is in Old Greek, meaning of Basilia is "The Word Basileus with the Meaning King or Royal Kingly"
- Wanessa - The girl name Wanessa came from Arab, Latin and Portuguese and is dominantly used in Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian languages, Wanessa means "Intimate Friend or Consolation"
- Romilda - Unorthodox Romilda has its origin in Germanic and Latin is used in Finnish and Swedish used as a girl name, Romilda means "Struggle or Fight"
- Klaudius - Meaning of Klaudius is The Limping or Indication of the Gender of the Claudian is predominantly used in Danish and Swedish which of Latin origin is a baby boy name
Sibling Names for Abijah
When considering names for your new baby, Abijah is a great choice as it has strong biblical roots and can be used for both boys and girls. To make the selection process easier, here is a list of sibling names for Abijah that you might want to consider.
For a sister
Brother for Abijah
Famous people named Abijah
- Abijah of Judah,
- Abijah Adams, journalist
- Abijah Mann Jr., Abijah Mann Jr
- Abijah Gilbert, United States Senator from Florida
- Abijah Bigelow, U.S. Representative from Massachusetts
Lists having Abijah
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -jah
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Father
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh