Elihu name meaning
What does Elihu mean?
The ever lasting and famous boy name Elihu means "He is God" has its origin in Hebrew and English. Elihu is version of eternal and outstanding Ellis. Ellis is variation of biblical, famed and imperishable Elias. Also Ellis is variation of biblical, famed and imperishable Elijah. Ellis is also variation of Elisud. Ellis is also version of biblical and predominant Elisa. Ellis is also form of eminent and biblical Elis. Ellis is short form of Elizabeth. Ellis is form of Alice in English language. Also Ellis is equivalent of Alice in Nordic language. Ellis's meaning is Eliane and Form of Elijah is of Welsh, Hebrew and English origin.
How do I pronounce Elihu?
The three syllabled name Elihu is commonly pronounced as e-li-hu.
Variants of Elihu
Ellis, Elias, Elijah, Elisa, Elis, Alice, Eli, Alias, Elia, Ellice, Eliyahu, Ilias, Helge, Eelis, Eliot, Elian, Elijahjames, Eleesa, Elise, Anaelisa, Elisheba, Isabel, Elisabet, Adelice, Lisa, Aleka, Alycia, Alicemarie, Adalheidis, Adaliz, Adelais, Aliz, Ele, Elliot, AliNames that rhyme with Elihu
How popular is the name Elihu?
Elihu is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1881, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 533 on boy names chart when 26 babies were named Elihu. Over 1119 people have been named Elihu in United States. Also, Elihu is a familiar name in Mexico and Nigeria. At least, 1000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Numerological analysis of Elihu
You watch your mouth and think twice before you say something. You often push yourself to accomplish more than expected when it comes to your career. You are also the craziest, most determinate and strong-willed one in your surroundings. You don't have to step over people to get to the top. At work, you are often seen as the control freak that has everything done in the said time and date. Your number represents mind strength and persistence.
You would love these names similar to Elihu
- Marie-Magdeleine - The Marie-Magdeleine is rooted from Hebrew, meaning of Marie-Magdeleine is "Princess of the Sea"
- Davie - Preeminent and Evergreen unisex name Davie is used largely in English and Danish and of Hebrew, Scottish and English origin, Davie means "Cherished or Variant of David Beloved"
- Michèe means Who is Like God is originated from Hebrew
- Aku - Originated from African-Akan, Aku is used mostly in Ewe, Finnish and Swedish is given to both boys and girls. Aku is equivalent of Akuliina in Finnish language. Also Aku is form of Augusta in Finnish language. Also Aku is form of Aake in Finnish language
- Gurshan - Gurshan's meaning is The Change of Pilgrimage, Gurus Splendor or His Banishment is used prevalently in Punjabi, English and Indian, a baby boy name has origin in Hebrew and Punjabi
Sibling Names for Elihu
Choosing a perfect name for your little one can be a daunting task, but if you're thinking of naming your baby Elihu, then you're in the right place. To help you narrow down your search, we've compiled a list of sibling names that would perfectly complement the name Elihu. So, without further ado, check out our top picks below.
Sister to Elihu
For a brother
Famous people named Elihu
- Elihu Palmer, author and advocate of deism
- Elihu Burritt, American diplomat
- Elihu Katz, American and Israeli sociologist and communication scientist
- Elihu Phinney, first printer in Cooperstown, New York
- Elihu Spencer, Yankee clergyman
- Elihu Embree, abolitionist and the publisher of the first newspaper
- Elihu Thomson, English-born American engineer and inventor
- Elihu Yale, British merchant, slave trader
- Elihu Root, American lawyer and statesman
- Elihu B. Washburne, American politician and diplomat
- Elihu Emory Jackson, 41st Governor of Maryland in the United States
- Elihu Vedder, American symbolist painter, book illustrator
- Elihu Harris, American retired politician and college administrator
- Elihu S. Williams, farmer, lawyer, soldier
- Elihu Adams, (May 29, 1741 – August 10
- Elihu Davis, Ontario businessman and political figure
Lists having Elihu
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with E
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Eli
- Baby Names that mean God