Anne name meaning
On This Page
What does Anne mean?
Renowned and Venerable unisex name Anne has origin in Hebrew chiefly used in English, Icelandic, German, Tamil, Greenlandic, Swedish, Finnish, French, Scandinavian, Danish and Norwegian languages, Anne means "Grace, God has Shown Favour, Gracious, Mercy, Eagle, God, Variant of Hebrew Hannah or He (God) Was Graceful".
Anne is variant form of acclaimed and biblical Ann. Ann is variation of biblical and admired Anouk. Also Ann is a version of popular and in demand in vogue Ansley. Ann is also variant of prevailing, persistent and biblical Anna.
Ann is also variant of prevailing, persistent and biblical Anne. Ann is English cognate of Anna. Originated from Arabic, Germanic and Hebrew, Prevalent and Conifer Ann, Ann means "Favour, Priceless and Gracious".
Anne is variant form of biblical and acclaimed Anna. Anna is variant form of Hanna    . Also Anna is a variation of Germanic Names Beginning with Arn-. Anna is Old Greek, Greek and Latin form of Channah or Hannah.
Of Old Greek and Hebrew origin, Cherished and Perennial Anna, Anna means "God has Shown Favour, God has Favoured Me and Name of a King". Also Anne is Swedish form of Anders.
Also Anne is Norwegian form of Arne. It is celebrated on July 26th.
How do I pronounce Anne?
Two syllabled Anne is most commonly pronounced as a(n)-ne.
Variants of Anne
Ane, Ann, Anna, Anelma, Anund, Áni, Anouk, Ansley, Annie, Beverlyann, Annjanette, Aenne, Anella, Anki, Hanna, Ans, Aemiliana, Anacarolina, Anneli, Annelise, Alianna, Anneelizabeth, Alina, Aleah, Alice, Alya, Ella, Alia, Anders, Arne, Andreas, Anderson, Andrew, Anthony, Andræs, Andar, Arni, Arn
Nicknames for Anne
Name Anne is already a short name but there are some nicknames to go along with it:Names that rhyme with Anne
How popular is the name Anne?
Anne was a very popular name in United States. Over 322442 babies have been given the moniker in 222 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1915, the moniker grabbed the 52nd spot and 5743 baby girls were given the name.
However after 222 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 100 baby names an amazing 66 times Also, Anne is a popular in Ireland where over 5781 new-borns have been given the name since 1972.
Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 1972, the moniker grabbed the 10th spot and 510 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 10 baby names 1 times Also, Anne was a very popular name in France.
Over 364635 babies have been given the first name in 125 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1942, the moniker grabbed the 11st spot and 6740 baby girls were given the name.
However after 125 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names an amazing 89 times Also, Anne was a popular name in Denmark.
Over 5334 babies have been named Anne since 1992. When at its peak in 1992, it ranked 11st when 635 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. After 14 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 14 times Also, Anne was a popular name in New South Wales. Over 7475 babies have been named Anne since 1952.
At the peak of its usage in 1954, 545 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 11st position. After 23 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 16 times
A common name in Netherlands with over 1163 new-borns have been given the name since 2015. When at its peak in 2015, it ranked 36th when 303 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Also, In Queensland, Anne was once a common name since emerging in 1960 it has been given to over 855 babies. At its zenith in 1966,. After 7 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 7 times
Anne is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names.
In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 432 on girl names chart when 72 babies were given the name Anne. Over 945 babies in England and Wales have been named Anne.
Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1995, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 133 on girl names chart when 90 babies were given the name Anne.
Over 846 people have been named Anne in Belgium.
In Switzerland, Anne is a unique name where it has been in use since 1998 and has secured the place in top 300 names.
In 2002, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 218 on girl names chart when 33 babies were named Anne. Over 271 babies in Switzerland have been named Anne. However things change on global perspective, Anne is extremely popular in DR Congo where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in, England and Germany.
Also the baby name is popular in Norway, Cameroon, Canada, Kenya, Australia, Scotland, Brazil, Congo, Finland, Burundi, Rwanda, Haiti, Philippines, Chad, South Africa, Sweden, Madagascar, New Zealand, Nigeria, Benin, Northern Ireland, Sri Lanka, Ivory Coast, Sudan, Wales, Guinea, Malaysia, Malawi, Egypt, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Ethiopia, Mauritius, Estonia, Japan, East Timor, Uganda, Indonesia, Mali and Luxembourg.
At least, 2660000 people globally have carried Anne as their given name according to our research.
Anne in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Anne
Details matter to you, especially when it comes to choosing your love partner. Learn how to separate reality from illusion. Widen your perspective and become more aware of your own existence. You learn from your mistakes faster than others. People often mistake you for a fool but you always find an indirect way to prove them wrong. You sleep a lot because it's your way of escaping reality. When it comes to your job, you are always the one with a new idea to present.
If you like Anne, you would love these names
- Ramiya means Beautiful is rooted from Hebrew used as a baby girl name is used in Tamil
- Josea - The curious unisex name Josea is used principally in English, Josea means "Jehovah has Healed, Fire of the Lord and The Lord Supports" has its origin in Hebrew. Josea is a derivative of Josiah.
- Jasa - The famous and venerable girl name Jasa has its origin in Hebrew is principally used in Polish language. Jasa is Polish form of Jane
- Yaniv means He Will Prosper or He Will Flourish is largely used in Hebrew. Its origin is in Hebrew is aimed at boys
- Gianni - Frequently Used Gianni is used in Hindi, Italian and Gujarati came from Hebrew used as a gender insensitive name, Gianni means "God is Gracious or Yahweh is Gracious". Cherished name Gianni managed to bag 416th position on baby boy chart in 2018 in United States
Middle names for Anne
These well-liked and familiar middle names flows beautifully with the baby name Anne .
View more middle names that goes with Anne.
Sibling Names for Anne
If you're considering naming your baby girl Anne, you may want to pair it with a sibling name that complements and enhances its simplicity and classic appeal. Here are some inspiring suggestions for sibling names to create a cohesive and harmonious sibset.
Names for Anne's sister
Names for Anne's brother
Famous people named Anne
- Anne Madden, English-born painter
- Anne Caldwell, American playwright and lyricist
- Anne Catherine Emmerich, Roman Catholic Augustinian Canoness Regular of Windesheim
- Anne Dacier, French scholar, translator
- Anne de Montmorency, French soldier, statesman and diplomat
- Anne de Xainctonge, founder of the Society of the Sisters of Saint Ursula of the Blessed Virgin
- Anne Darwin, second child and eldest daughter of Charles and Emma Darwin
- Anne Stallybrass, English actress
- Anne Ridler, British poet, and Faber and Faber editor
- Anne Meacham, noted American actress of stage
- Anne Manning, British novelist
- Anne Dickson, former Northern Ireland Unionist politician
- Anne Westfall, game programmer
- Anne Sudworth, British artist
- Anne Bayefsky, human rights scholar and activist
- Anne Murray, Duchess of Atholl, Scottish courtier and close friend of Queen Victoria
- Anne Marie DeCicco-Best, 60th and longest-serving mayor of London, Ontario
- Anne Françoise Elisabeth Lange, French actress of the Comédie-Française and a "'Merveilleuse'" of the French Directory
- Anne Bracegirdle, English actress
- Anne Yeats, Irish painter and stage designer
- Anne Askew, English writer, poet
- Anne Ferreira, French politician and Member of the European Parliament for the Île-de-France
- Anne H. Ehrlich, American co-author of several books on overpopulation and ecology with her husband
- Anne Dunn, English artist associated with the second generation of the School of London
- Anne Stevenson, American-British poet and writer
- Anne Laperrouze, member of the Union for French Democracy and is a member of DEMocrate MOvement
- Anne Elisabet Jensen, Danish politician and Member of the European Parliament with the Venstre
- Anne Boyd, Australian composer and emeritus professor of music at the University of Sydney
- Anne Stanley, Countess of Castlehaven, English noblewoman
- Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker, contemporary dance choreographer
- Anne Royall, travel writer, newspaper editor, and
- Anne Wolf, Belgian jazz pianist
- Anne de Beauchamp, 15th Countess of Warwick, was
- Anne Moody, American author
- Anne Ayres, nun and the founder of the first Episcopalian religious order for women
- Anne Gilchrist, English writer
- Anne Mroczkowski, Canadian TV reporter and news anchor
- Anne Portugal, French poet who lives and works in Paris
- Anne Brasseur, Luxembourgish politician and former sports and training minister
- Anne Logston, American author of fantasy/adventure novels
- Anne Wibble, From 1991 to 1994 she served as Sweden`s first female Minister for Finance
- Anne Azéma, French-born soprano, scholar, and stage director
- Anne Lindbergh, American writer, primarily of children's novels
- Anne Elvebakk, former biathlete from Norway
- Anne Leaton, novelist, short story writer
- Anne Golden, Canadian administrator
- Anne Fausto-Sterling, Nancy Duke Lewis Professor of Biology and Gender Studies at Brown University
- Anne Claude de Caylus, French antiquarian
- Anne Stine Ingstad, Norwegian archaeologist who
- Anne Treisman, Dean of the Faculty
- Anne Brontë, English novelist and poet
- Anne Boleyn, |3=3
- Anne Desclos, Born
- Anne of Cleves, was Queen of England
Lists having Anne
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ann
- Girl names that ends with -nne
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1969)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1997)
- Popular Girl Names in France (1993)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Denmark (2000)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1976)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1979)
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (1987)
- Baby Names that mean Grace
- Baby Names that mean Favour
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Mercy
- Baby Names that mean Eagle
- Baby Names that mean Graceful