Aliyah meaning and origin
Commonly Accepted unisex name Aliyah means "Rising, Ascending, High-born, Exalted, Noble, To Ascend or The Elements Aliyah Meaning Ascent" commonly used in Danish, Arabic, English, Swedish, Finnish, Hebrew and Norwegian is rooted from Hebrew and Arabic languages. Aliyah is variation of noteworthy Alya. Alya is variation of admired Aliyah. Used in Russian and Arabic admired, Alya came from Slavonic and Germanic, Alya means "Lofty, The Word Ali Which is of the Meaning High Lofty Sublime and Sublime".
Variants of Aliyah
View middle names that goes with Aliyah like Floor, Melody, Pauline, Shantel, Constance, Mallory,Names that rhyme with Aliyah
Popularity of Aliyah
Aliyah was a popular name in United States. Over 39116 babies have been given the given name in 51 years. At the peak of its usage in 2011, 2296 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 133rd position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 51 years but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 25 times
Aliyah is a common name in England and Wales given to over 3931 babies in 23 years. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2004, it ranked 174th when 284 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, A common name in France with over 3554 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Recently peaking at the charts, 476 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 128th position.
In Switzerland, Aliyah is a unique name where it has been in use since 2000 and has secured the place in top 300 names. In 2012, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 241 on girl names chart when 32 babies were named Aliyah. Over 332 people have been named Aliyah in Switzerland. Also, in Netherlands, in just 4 years, it has made it to the top 400 names. Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 346 on girl names chart when 37 babies were named Aliyah. Over 128 people have been named Aliyah in Netherlands. Also, in Belgium, the name has been in use since 2001 and has secured the place in top 300 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 291 on girl names chart when 36 babies were named Aliyah. Over 279 babies in Belgium have been named Aliyah.
Aliyah is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 2002 and achieved its top ranking of 221 in 2005. Over 145 babies in Ireland have been named Aliyah. But Aliyah is a popular baby name in Afghanistan where every 1 in 1000 have the name as well as in Indonesia. At least, 60000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Aliyah in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Aliyah
People admire your charm and independent attitude about everything. Trust your intuition when it tells you a person isn't to be trusted. You are always direct because you hate to argue with people when it comes to misunderstandings. Letter A as your cornerstone reveals your creativity, dynamic life, and ambition to achieve great things in life. You believe that nothing is impossible until your heart beats.
You would love these names similar to Aliyah
- Meisha means One who Lives is mainly used in Marathi and Gujarati is a girl name has its origin in Arabic
- Saila - New-fangled and Rare Saila is used chiefly in Danish and Swedish, Saila means "Sunshine or Dwelling in the Mountains" is bestowed upon baby girls
- Mehar - Unexpected Mehar is used in Sikh and Indian came from Arabic aimed at both genders, Mehar means "God's Mehar or Good Wishes"
- Erum - Uncustomary Erum is used prevalently in Gujarati and Hindi, Erum means "Heaven or Daughter-In-Law of Aditi" is used as a baby girl name
- Musheer means Advice or Advisor is a baby boy name is used substantially in Sindhi and Marathi
Namesakes of Aliyah
- Aliyah Yi in Final Foursomes Swinging as Actress
- Aliyah Conley in Love Triangle as Actress
- Aliyah Royale in KT2 News as Actress
- In 2019 comedy and drama flick, Poeta, Aliyah Musa played Mia.
Lists having Aliyah
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Rising
- Baby Names that mean High
- Baby Names that mean Exalted
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Ascend
- Baby Names that mean Ascent