Adnan meaning and origin
Originated from Arabic and English, Unfamiliar Adnan is a gender-neutral name, Adnan means "Proper Name, Good Fortune, From Kikuyu, One who is Settled, Pleasure, Settler, Lion, Bravery, Settle or To Be Serene" is used substantially in Hindi, Finnish, Kannada, Arabic, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Turkish and Albanian. Adnan is Latin cognate of The Arabic Name عدنان Meaning Settler.
Variants of AdnanNames that rhyme with Adnan
Popularity of Adnan
Adnan is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1970 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2001, it ranked 1440th when 100 boy were named Adnan. Over 2279 people have been named Adnan in United States. Also, in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 2002, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 337 on boy names chart when 76 babies were given the name Adnan. Over 1297 people have been named Adnan in England and Wales.
Adnan is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1972 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1981, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 754 on boy names chart when 41 babies were named Adnan. Over 897 people have been named Adnan in France. Adnan is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, even after 21 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 500. Over 181 babies in Switzerland have been named Adnan. In Belgium, it has been in use since 1998 but could not make beyond the top 500. Over 274 babies in Belgium have been named Adnan.
Adnan is a rare baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. However things change on global perspective, Adnan is extremely popular in Pakistan where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in Turkey. Also the baby name is popular in Iraq, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Yemen, Indonesia, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Jordan, Malaysia, Kuwait, Egypt, Libya, Palestine, Lebanon, Iran, India, Sudan, Morocco and Northern Cyprus. At least, 840000 people globally have carried Adnan as their given name according to our findings.
Adnan in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Adnan?
Changes don't represent a problem for you. On the contrary, you are all about change. You test your limits not to amaze others and prove you are courageous but to satisfy the adrenaline hunger inside your heart. You hang around with different people, so you can widen your life perspective and expand your knowledge. You are a hard candy when it comes to romantic relationships. You always watch not to hurt anyone's emotions.
You would love these names similar to Adnan
- Asgari - Meaning of Asgari is Devotee is used particulary in Marathi, Hindi and Bengali is a girl name
- Anis - The infrequent and ever lasting unisex name Anis means "Companion or Friendly" used predominantly in Tamil and Hindi is originated from Arabic
- Siara - Curious girl name Siara is particulary used in Oriya and Malayalam. It is rooted from Celtic and Spanish, meaning of Siara is "Unique or Pure"
- Mehaboob means Beloved is used commonly as a baby boy name is used in Bengali, Arabic and Gujarati
- Rad - Unusual Rad largely is used in English and Arabic, meaning of Rad is "Adviser". Its origin is in Old English and Hebrew is bestowed upon baby boys
Namesakes of Adnan
- Adnan Terzić, Bosnian politician
- Adnan Menderes, Turkish politician
- Adnan al-Ghoul, assistant of Mohammed Deif
- Adnan Badran, Jordanian scientist, academic and politician
- Adnan Süvari, Turkish football coach
- Adnan al-Janabi, Minister of State in the Iraqi Interim Government
- Adnan al-Husayni, Palestinian governor of Jerusalem and of the Jerusalem Governorate
- Adnan Pachachi, veteran Iraqi politician and diplomat
- Adnan Gulshair el Shukrijumah, citizen of Saudi Arabia and a senior member of al-Qaeda
- Adnan Khashoggi, Saudi Arabian businessman
- Adnan Oktar, Turkish author as well as an Islamic creationist
- Adnan Al Talyani, retired footballer from the United Arab Emirates
- Adnan Al-Kaissie, professional wrestler
- Adnan Sami, singer, musician, music composer, keyboardist
- Adnan Ilyas, Pakistan-born Omani cricketer
- Adnan Ahmed, Pakistan international footballer
- Adnan Akmal, international Pakistani cricketer
- Adnan Farhan Abd Al Latif, Yemeni citizen imprisoned at the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay
- Adnan Erkan, former Turkish football goalkeeper
- Adnan Čustović, Bosnian former football player and currently manager of Belgian Jupiler League club Waasland-Beveren
- Adnan Shihab-Eldin, Dr
- Adnan al-Zurufi, was deployed to Iraq
- Adnan Al-Hafez, Syrian football goalkeeper
- Adnan Gušo, retired Bosnian football goalkeeper and currently goalkeeper coach working with the youth team of FK Željezničar Sarajevo
- Adnan Nawaz, British news anchor
- Adnan Karim, prominent Kurdish singer from Kirkuk, Iraq
- Adnan Hamad, Iraqi football manager and former player
- Adnan Alisic, Dutch professional footballer
- Adnan Kahveci, noted Turkish politician
- Adnan Virk, Canadian sports anchor, currently working for ESPN
- Adnan, of Northern, Western and Central Arabia
- Adnan Siddiqui in A Mighty Heart as Actor
- Adnan Maral in Unknown as Actor
- Adnan Sajid Khan in Ja Bhai Ja... as Actor
- Adnan Shah in Dukhtar as Actor
- Adnan Haskovic in Snowpiercer as Actor
- Adnan Al-Talyani is a former Emirati soccer player who played in the striker's demarcation.
- Actor Adnan Afravian, renowned for movie Bashu, the Little Stranger
- In 1990, Adnan Barakat characterized the role of N in drama movie Al-tahaleb.
- In 1962, Adnan Senses characterized the role of N in comedy, romance film Soförün aski.
- In 1956 drama, romance flick, Disi yilan, Adnan Basaran characterized N.
- In 1959 drama movie, Sokak sarkicisi, Adnan Pekak portrayed N.
- In 2016 drama flick, Papagajka, Adnan Omerovic portrayed Damir.
- Adnan Erten, from 2012 comedy, crime film Pension Freiheit, who played the Walter Degenhardt.
- In 2018, Adnan Malik played the role of Romeo in drama and mystery film Cake.
Lists having Adnan
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Albanian Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Turkish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Good
- Baby Names that mean Fortune
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Pleasure
- Baby Names that mean Lion
- Baby Names that mean Bravery
- Baby Names that mean Serene
- Baby Names that mean Immortal